OCZ Vertex Limited Edition 100GB

With datavision and hawk confirming pricing errors/oos. What's the word with Aztek?

and congrats to those with the buy.com orders, lucky bastages.

Like I said, you'd better watch what you call foolish; you may find, one day, that it was yourself.

calm%2Bdown%2Bbro.jpg

Answer my question

I did my cancel via email and the guy cancelled immediately not really citing any information, but said that he appreciated my understanding. It may be that he ships out the drives that he has and one more of you get a drive since I cancelled mine. Hard to say.

He, also, immediately returned my Paypal.

I di NOT request a cancellation, but when I logged into buy.com and checked, it said that it WAS cancelled...PER MY request. GRRR

Update: and I've been refunded.

Last edited:
Hmm I see, I guess i'll let it sit for a week maximum. I read reviews and there's a lot of complaints about them holding onto people's money claiming the item is on back order for up to a month, with the ultimatum of filing a dispute just to get their money back.

Hmm I see, I guess i'll let it sit for a week maximum. I read reviews and there's a lot of complaints about them holding onto people's money claiming the item is on back order for up to a month, with the ultimatum of filing a dispute just to get their money back.

Well if they get too many complaints or charge backs they can't take credit cards anymore so I'm sure they refund within 3 days.. A company can only get like 6 charge backs then they can no longer take credit cards, that would be really dumb on theri part I'm sure you will be fine...

CompSource has refunded me via paypal. The paypal note just said, "No stock, refund".

Any news on the orders from Aztek? My two orders for one each of the $5x.xx priced drives hasn't progressed since last night, not past the initial order emails.

My orders from amazon (Hpp enterprise )got cancelled for out of stock... now waiting on aztekcomputers.com ..

My order from buy.com is currently in transit

I still have no update at all from hawk express. Just the original "order received" email from last night.

My order from buy.com is currently in transit

Does it say "In Transit" according to Fed Ex? I got a shipping confirmation this morning at 8AM but it's still in the "Initiated" phase according to Fed Ex tracking.

Literally seconds after my previous post my Fed Ex tracking updated to "In Transit" and the SSD is in Lewisberry PA right now. Should't take too long to get to Cleveland from PA! I can't wait!! Too bad I only ordered one though...DRAT!

My order from Buy.com has been canceled. My order from PC Universe however has been both shipped and canceled.... Am I getting a free SSD?

I still have no update at all from hawk express. Just the original "order received" email from last night.

Did you pay with a Credit Card?
I never got an update from them either...just the cancellation notice from PayPal....I'm guessing that if I had used my CC, I still would not know that it was canceled...

I just got an update from Hawk Express canceling my order. It also confirms that PayPal will be refunded and that credit cards will not be charged. I verified and my CC was not actually charged. Oh well, can't say I didn't try.

Got an order cancelled from Hawk.express. They did send out a 10% off code for future use on their site, which was nice of them.

So is anyone who bought bulk planning on selling these? if so, how much?

So is anyone who bought bulk planning on selling these? if so, how much?

I'm looking to make about $100 per unit probably, which is still not a ripoff to people buying from me (the lowest price is $315 on google products). Figure around $160 shipped via USPS priority. It all depends on market saturation and whether or not I decide to sell on ebay.

I'm not sure how many I actually got yet - it appears that only my first 2 are on the truck. One of those is going to a very close friend as a gift, and the other one is going to another friend for the price I paid ($60).

If I get the other eight, I will definitely flip them.

that was exactly my plan... all but 3 of my ssds have been cancelled so far.

Did you pay with a Credit Card?
I never got an update from them either...just the cancellation notice from PayPal....I'm guessing that if I had used my CC, I still would not know that it was canceled...

Got an order cancelled from Hawk.express. They did send out a 10% off code for future use on their site, which was nice of them.

Ah, now I did receive a notification that "the item you have requested is currently out of stock." (Despite the fact that it said it was in stock when I ordered) And I likewise got a 10% off coupon included in the email.

i even manually canceled earlier and they still emailed me the 10% coupon.

i think i'm gonna order from them again just because of that. nice gesture.

is anyone getting a bulk order of the 50gb drives? id be interested in one if anyone is going to be selling them.

Kind of ironic that datavision through buy.com, who everyone thought would be the least reliable and the absolute worst rating ever (>1), seems to be the only one fulfilling at least some of the orders. I guess they got to the stock from the distributor first.

Does it say "In Transit" according to Fed Ex? I got a shipping confirmation this morning at 8AM but it's still in the "Initiated" phase according to Fed Ex tracking.

Fedex tracking says it was picked up in ELLENWOOD, GA and is in transit. Should receive by 4/6.

Ah, now I did receive a notification that "the item you have requested is currently out of stock." (Despite the fact that it said it was in stock when I ordered) And I likewise got a 10% off coupon included in the email.
got one of these tonight as well.

lucky mofos, I didnt jump on this because I was sure it would all get cancelled...

Mine are out for delivery today. Unfortunately I will be at class and most likely unable to sign for it.

But hopefully they aren't like 40GB drives or something...I will post here as soon as they arrive.

I wonder if the vendors called fed ex to have the packages rerouted back to their warehouses.

Am I reading this right from the links on buy and amazon? They're over $500.00 and over $400.00 respectively? That's a crazy price!!!

My order from HPP Enterprises (amazon) got canceled, they didn't give me a coupon or anything.:(

Back