OCZ Vertex LE 200GB SSD $799.99 @ Newegg

/dev/null

[H]F Junkie
OCZ Vertex LE (Limited Edition) OCZSSD2-1VTXLE200G 2.5" 200GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) - Retail

Link

Last edited by a moderator:
OP Fail. No drive size. No final price.

Please just go ahead and report stuff like this without posting in it. No need to drive the thread off-topic.

I went ahead and fixed your post OP, please follow the directions next time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now on a personal note, if you just like pitching away money like mad, then this is probably a good deal. :p

I'll stick with my 80GB for now thanks.

Please just go ahead and report stuff like this without posting in it. No need to drive the thread off-topic.

I went ahead and fixed your post OP, please follow the directions next time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now on a personal note, if you just like pitching away money like mad, then this is probably a good deal. :p

I'll stick with my 80GB for now thanks.

Sorry I posted too fast. There is a fine balance of coffee intake and I was on my 3rd when i posted :D

In any case, I don't think you can get 50k random iops any cheaper can you? That is what makes this hawt.

Edit: 100GB Benchiez here: Benches

I think a 3-drive, X25 RAID0 would give 240GB with much higher performance at $660 total. So the LE is a smoking drive, but only a warmish deal at $800 IMO.

There are downsides to multiple drives in raid0...
sata ports aren't free
power isn't free
case space isn't free...

Sata ports are a valid argument, but I don't think anyone running raid cares. As for the other two, the insanely low power consumption of an SSD, lower heat output, and smaller profile make those points pretty much invalid. I can fit about 5 standard drives in my bays, and probably about 20 SSD's.

You can't stick a raid in a laptop.

Yes you can, there are several laptops on the market with 2 drives, probably sager most notably. Going SSD there would be a great move given the power and heat savings.

Of course with no trim support in Raid, it's not the greatest right now.

Yes you can, there are several laptops on the market with 2 drives, probably sager most notably. Going SSD there would be a great move given the power and heat savings.

Of course with no trim support in Raid, it's not the greatest right now.

I knew someone was gonna say something like that :p
Ok, you can't stick a raid in most laptops (without modding them).

Back