OCZ Vertex 96GB: $169.99 after $20 MIR

GEEZ I just installed Windows on this exact drive that I bought from Microcenter for $200+ last night.

yes it does

Thats what you get for all those I7 deals that people with out microcenters can't get. :p

It is an Indilinx drive so performance should be good. No surprise on the trim response, but it would be interesting to see what firmware they are running.

Based on the 96GB size I am guessing these are either drives that failed the 120GB binning and needed to be reduce in size via firmware so they can be sold. What would be more interesting is if this is a new firmware that provides for more spare area allowing better reliability and performance of the background garbage collection. I'd guess the former though.

For the capacity that is a good price. ~$1.5/GB. I just bought too many cheap OCZ drives recently. In addition to a new Agility 2 I now have 2 older Vertex's that I will be using in raid soon. MUST RESIST THIS PRICE!!!

In for one - thanks OP. Need this to replace a shitty Kingston V-Series SSD that has terrible stuttering performance.

I dont know if I want this or if it would be worth spending a little more on the Intel X25M what do you guys think?

Found a loophole folks!

Search Bing for "H50", select the Tigerdirect link, then search for the 96gb ssd, and there's no Bing disqualification notice. Only 12% bing through the H50 link, but hey, 12% is better than nothing!

I actually cancelled my earlier order and just reordered with this method.

You earned $32.40 from your TigerDirect.com purchase on 7/14/2010:

Details cashback
TigerDirect.com
Unit price: $189.99
Quantity: 1 $22.80
TigerDirect.com
Unit price: $79.99
Quantity: 1 $9.60

Found a loophole folks!

Search Bing for "H50", select the Tigerdirect link, then search for the 96gb ssd, and there's no Bing disqualification notice. Only 12% bing through the H50 link, but hey, 12% is better than nothing!

I actually cancelled my earlier order and just reordered with this method.

Hmm, $6 off difference...

Back