OCZ Vertex 4 vs. Vector, which one?

Kabob

2[H]4U
I own an OCZ Vertex 4 VTX4-25SAT3-128G that died on me the other day and I RMA'd it with OCZ. I just logged on to check the status of my RMA and they've not yet received my dead drive, but I noticed that they are replacing it with a Vector VTR1-25SAT3-128G drive. The V4 has better reviews and speed-wise it seems to be a wash, should I request that they give me another Vertex 4 drive or am I better off with the Vector?

I had a Vector 256GB, it died after a few months.
The machine crashed while in use, rebooted and the drive was no longer present.
Not sure I would recommend it, especially as the Samsung 840 Pro feels a lot faster in use.
Get a replacement, flog it, get the Sammy.

I'd go with the Vector, given the choice.

Any particular reasons why?

I had a Vector 256GB, it died after a few months.
The machine crashed while in use, rebooted and the drive was no longer present.
Not sure I would recommend it, especially as the Samsung 840 Pro feels a lot faster in use.
Get a replacement, flog it, get the Sammy.

I started with a Vertex 3. It lasted 6 months and died and they replaced it with a Vertex 4 which lasted 1.5 months. I was kind of thinking about selling it and going a different direction.

The Vector is the better overall drive, but that's like saying my shit stinks less then yours. (It does BTW)

It's still an OCZ, which means it will still let you down.

The Vector has higher resale value than the Vertex 4. I'd sell the Vector and get a Samsung 840 Pro or Samsung 840 EVO.

Back