OCZ Vertex 3 MAXIOPS and Areca 1880i Timeouts

wbingham

n00b
The Vertex 3 (sandforce controller) --each spec'd at 500+ Mbps read/writes. I have 8 attached to an Areca 1880i (6Gbps) in RAID 0. Every few days, I get an alarm followed by a reboot. I am running Server 2008R2. I had a stable machine for nearly two years running a 4 port Areca and 4 first generation OCZ Apex SSD's (about 175 Mbps read writes each) . The intent of the upgrade was to increase capacity and speed. Thanks for all replies in advance

The Vertex 3 (sandforce controller) --each spec'd at 500+ Mbps read/writes. I have 8 attached to an Areca 1880i (6Gbps) in RAID 0. Every few days, I get an alarm followed by a reboot. I am running Server 2008R2. I had a stable machine for nearly two years running a 4 port Areca and 4 first generation OCZ Apex SSD's (about 175 Mbps read writes each) . The intent of the upgrade was to increase capacity and speed. Thanks for all replies in advance

OCZ Vertex 3 firmware issues:

http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/f...-Agility3-Solid3-support-and-discussion-forum

Used the linux distro to update firmware to 2.11, hope this solves the problem. The read/write performance of these 8 drives in raid0 .. bottlenecks at the x8 pci cnx.............. blazing fast!!!!!!

Back