OCZ Vertex 2 120GB 2.5" - $160 AR - NewEgg Shellshocker

There was a big stink with OCZ and the switch form 34nm to 25nm drive under the same name. The 25nm under the same name as the 34nm did not have the same performance even though it was advertised as such. Sleazy to say the least. Between the failure rates I hear about OCZ drives and that scandal I'm not touching one with a 10 foot pole.

There was a big stink with OCZ and the switch form 34nm to 25nm drive under the same name. The 25nm under the same name as the 34nm did not have the same performance even though it was advertised as such. Sleazy to say the least. Between the failure rates I hear about OCZ drives and that scandal I'm not touching one with a 10 foot pole.

Didn't they replace the 25nm's with the old ones after everyone figured out?

At the cost to the consumer last I knew. You had to pay the difference due to the nand being on a higher node process. That doesn't solve anything in my opinion.

At the cost to the consumer last I knew. You had to pay the difference due to the nand being on a higher node process. That doesn't solve anything in my opinion.

But is the 25nm version the one that's for sale now?

OCZSSD2-2VTXE120G - From what I remember the E version is the one with the 25nm nand. Not sure if OCZ fixed the issue though.

Back