OCZ PowerStream 520w PSU

lil layzie

Gawd
http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=M&Product_Code=100117

Does anybody here own this particular psu? I think I might order one. I'm going to be building an AMD64 system and I don't think my ThermalTake (in sig) can handle the 12v rails with the amps so low (at 18a).

Isn't this PSU longer than normal? Do you think it will fit in my case? I have a Chieftec Dragon tower.

Oh and do you think it will be a significant upgrade from my TT Butterfly?

*P.S.*
I know OCZ has a shady past, but no need to bring that up and turn this thread into a flame war please.

I've got one...Replaced an Antec True 550 with it because the Antec didn't have enough juice on the 12v rail for my A64 939 system.... So far...I love it. Rock solid rails, 3,5,12v rails adjustable with led indicators to show if voltage is with-in spec, individual VGA/HD capacitor terminated power lines for vid card and 10000rpm HD's.

Is it longer then other PS? Yes by about 2 inches. Initially I had it in an Enermax case and had to remove the top fan to get it to fit but I picked up Lian Li PC-60 a couple of weeks ago and it fits perfectly.

This power supply has gotten rave reviews from every review sight that's reviewed it.

I got the OCZ Powerstream 520W to replace my Thermaltake 480W and it is leaps and bounds better with my overclocked A64 setup. My Thermaltake would have the 12v line dip .4v under load down to a feeble (but not multimeter verified) 11.4v, but the OCZ does not budge. 12v rail is at 12.08-12.03v at all times and stable overclock went up 20mhz as well as a small bonus. I am also using it in a chieftech dragon case with no problems, so the extra length is not a problem at all. The 470W version is a good choice as well and I've also had good luck with the Enermax Noisetaker 470W having very stable power on my other A64 setup.

I heard it was Tagan but not sure.

Anyways, recieved my new PSU. This thing is sexy. I'm typing on my A64 rig now. Damn everything is fast compared to my old system (in sig) :D

Quite a bit of good reports from xtremesystems.org. Since a few of those guys use power hungry TECs and phase changes, I would think this is a good sign. There is even semi-flame war going on about which is better deal the OCZ or the PCP&C 510 Deluxe. Anytime you're being compared to PCP&C, it can't be a bad thing.

I am considering one of these power supplies. Since I have a PCP&C 425 Turbo already in another computer... the question I have is how noisy is it compared to the 425 (which is very loud)? One other PS that might be concidered is the Enermax Noisetaker EG701P-VE (600 watts). I want to get the best PS for a future AMD FX55 setup but I would like stable power & silence if at all possible. With so many PS's to choose from this becomes a very difficult decision. Any other PS's that anybody can recommend will be looked at seriously. The PS will be going into a Lian Li PC-60 case (which "maap" says will fit perfectly) for now and than a MountainMods UFO or a Cooler Master Stacker case later.

Enermax is my choice for power supplies.... about the only supply I've seen surpass enermax is Sparkle, and thats $$$

maap said:
I've got one...Replaced an Antec True 550 with it because the Antec didn't have enough juice on the 12v rail for my A64 939 system.... So far...I love it. Rock solid rails, 3,5,12v rails adjustable with led indicators to show if voltage is with-in spec, individual VGA/HD capacitor terminated power lines for vid card and 10000rpm HD's.

Is it longer then other PS? Yes by about 2 inches. Initially I had it in an Enermax case and had to remove the top fan to get it to fit but I picked up Lian Li PC-60 a couple of weeks ago and it fits perfectly.

This power supply has gotten rave reviews from every review sight that's reviewed it.

Hey man, I have the black Lian li PC61 or 65 whatever.... does yours have a blowhole up top? I am interested in how much clearance is still left. I am interested in mounting one of my dual length rads up there . Since I cant cut into the middle of that blowhole, I might lose another few centimeters or so of clearance for a psu and I had my eye on the OCZ.

Can anyone just tell me how long it is as well? The 520 OCZ.

Does anyone know if OCZ PowerStream 520W PSU fits in Lian-Li PC-65 or PC-60 (the same size) ?? Anyone using both Lian-Li, and OCZ Powerstream 520 ?

ShePearl said:
Does anyone know if OCZ PowerStream 520W PSU fits in Lian-Li PC-65 or PC-60 (the same size) ?? Anyone using both Lian-Li, and OCZ Powerstream 520 ?

Fits fine in my PC-65.

Back