OCZ PC4000 Plat DDR 2x1gb in stock anywhere?

neisius

Gawd
I've been planning on building an AMD x2 system and the OCZ PC4000 Platinum 2x1gb seemed like the best bet. I'm hoping to run 10x250mhz at the lowest timings possible.
But I can't seem to find this stuff anywhere. Anyone have any leads on where I can find some?

I see newegg.com has single sticks listed but are out of stock and they keep pushing the ETA farther and farther back.

there's serious supply issues with the chips that OCZ puts in the sticks.. i personally wouldn't hold your breath for any unless you have a very specific reason for getting those ;)

(cf)Eclipse said:
there's serious supply issues with the chips that OCZ puts in the sticks.. i personally wouldn't hold your breath for any unless you have a very specific reason for getting those ;)
It just seems like the only one that advertises 250mhz at 3-3-2-8 in a 2x1gb kit.
Of coarse the easiest thing to upgrade also has to be the hardest to find :(

you have to jump through a bunch of hoops, then i'm fairly certain they'll show you that it's out of stock

Well I got to the check out screen of both mushkin.com and atacom.com and neather one says soldout...yet.
so...
Mushkin redline XP4000 = $358.31 shiped/taxed
OCZ pc4000 plat = $361.30 shiped/taxed ::EDIT::nevermind it is sold out

kinda $$$ huh. guess I have more thinking to do.
Well if I buy it now it now it will go into my 2500+ system(maybe I'll finally be able to OC it with some good memory in there) and I can buy a X2, DFI Expert, and 7800GTX 512mb later when the GTX isn't $100 over MSRP.

get that g.skill i linked before and save $120, you won't notice the difference in performance from the timings, and usually it can hit higher mhz at tighter timings than stock

(cf)Eclipse said:
get that g.skill i linked before and save $120, you won't notice the difference in performance from the timings, and usually it can hit higher mhz at tighter timings than stock
Yeh I think I have some more research to do.

NebulaD said:
how does the gskill ram compare to the crucial ballistix?

its good, but its not Ballstix good. none of the 2gig kits other then ballistix have hit ddr600 stable. ballistix is the only set that can do that, but seeing how the Gskill set is 60 bucks cheaper, you need to choose whether 50 bucks is worth those extra 40 or 50 mhz.

that doesnt make sense, I just ordered 2 of these kits today for my x2 machine so I'd have my 4 gigs of ram.ah nevermind I see now.

I just ordered the Mushkin Redline 2gb kit for $311 shipped. I found a 10% off coupon so I just had to get it. The Gskill would have been ~$260 shipped anyway so I thought it was worth the $50.

If anyone else wants 10% off ram at www.mushkin.com use the coupon code "memory" ;)

ozzi you sure are dumb. hes from CA. factor in tax. i thought you woulda known this after being friends with Baron. :rolleyes: :p

yeh I got the 3-3-2 kit. Not sure if it will do me any good in my 2500+ system but maybe I'll be able to get a bit more out of it until I finish upgrading.

Back