OCZ Octane 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive w/ SATA III: $165-$20 MIR=$145

yankee495

Limp Gawd
One note. 1saleaday is slow to ship most of the time but I always get everything in good shape. It seems like they take the orders then order and ship the item.

Subtotal $159.99
Shipping & Handling $4.99
Grand Total $164.98

Comes with $20 MIR. Link is on the page.

https://1saleaday.com Hit the main tab.

Better off buying that 256GB Transcend drive on Amazon. These drives are terrible...

Last edited:
Sorry, didn't know. I've heard about OCZ back in the plain ole memory days and heard some good about the SSD's.

Looking at a Western Digital Caviar Black WD2002FAEX 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive for $160 now at newegg and they owe me $20.

I bought a Seagate 7200 etc...1TB...etc....in January 2011. It is the only drive I have had spit out a reallocated sector count pending, I think it was. Seatools fixed it, but I didn't like it.

I was a Maxtor guy for years...until I had one fail within days of warranty. I did save my data and sent the drive in and got a refurb in return. I complained that I could've bought a refurb to begin with and it done me no good. Sorry, policy.

I promptly replied that I had been in computers since about 1983 and I may be a little fish in the pond but I would never put another Maxtor in a machine I built...I had good luck with Seagate, there is still an 8.25 GB one running since 1995 or so...so I bought a Seagate for my new build.

I built about 100 computers using Seagates and emailed Maxtor to tell them, another sale lost...and told my friends not to buy from them.

Now Seagate seems to suck and WD may be the only way to go.

I have had drives fail...they just die, back in the old days. But they were old, used or abused, not new. When Maxtor sent me a refurb in place of my brand new drive I told'em off pretty good. And that one failed, so I told them off a little better and never bought a Maxtor again. It cost them at least 100 drive sales.

I don't mind paying a little more for more warranty, better quality, and speed these days...well some are better but WD seems to backup their mouth.

I would never lead anyone to buy a bad drive, and I'm like an old cow...my tits are sore. Give me a good drive and everyone I can sell one to will own one.

They have the ability to produce a quality drive at a reasonable price and replace a defective drive with a new drive.

Lets have that 5 year warranty back and replace my new drive with a new drive.

Otherwise I have a few refurbs I'd like to talk to your customers about.

I just got a Samsung with 4.6 years use and plan to use it for something to blow up on new years.

DO NOT FORGET. We are the boss. Without sales....pluththththththah! On your party.

This drive has a horrible record: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148834

Newegg is not at fault. They didn;t make it. Oh, check MFG response when searching reviews.

They do not respond.

Rosewill does, G Skil does, as does many others. Let your dollar vote. Mine dose even if it is only one.

I guess I'll stick with looking for the samsung SSD prices to decrease going into 2013.

When Maxtor sent me a refurb in place of my brand new drive I told'em off pretty good.

You do know that this is common practice among all of the Hard Drive manufacturers you have mentioned right? Maxtor, Seagate, WD, Samsung, all push out refurbs for replacements. There are some people who receive new drives as replacements when a refurb is not available, but I would consider myself lucky if I did. Been that way for as long as I can remember. (Come to think of it, this is common practice amoung MANY electronic manufacturers).

As far as this deal, I would go with your gut. When you look at multiple consumer reviews from multiple sites, you gotta weigh the good to the bad. Is the price break enough for you to possibly endure a problem? Its ultimately your choice. I have an OCZ Drive knowing the drive had some negative reviews, but I decided to take the gamble at the time.

You do know that this is common practice among all of the Hard Drive manufacturers you have mentioned right?

Maxtor is probably the best since sometimes you will get a Seagate drive back, sometimes I have even gotten Server class Seagate drives.

Oh, I was talking years ago...I had only had a couple bad drives and got new ones. I know it is normal now....and it should be against the law. If you buy a new drive then you should have a new drive.

Now days we get screwed so much we like it.

Back