OCZ FlexXLC PC9200 - has anyone actually looked into the design?

Am I the only one surprised that no one's tested this stuff under water? Am I missing a review somewhere?

Has anyone been able to verify that their 'hybrid aluminum-copper' heatsink doesn't introduce the water to mixed metals? OCZ marketing sure didn't bother to make that clear, yet we're told that this is 'enthusiast memory'. (Yes, I emailed them a while ago. No response.)

Everywhere I see this memory being sold, the water cooled aspect of this memory is declared as some kind of breakthrough, yet OCZ can't seem to get review samples into the hands of people who'd actually test it under water.

Considering the cost of a set of RAM water blocks, $500 might be a pretty nice deal for RAM that's capable of 650mhz on air - but if the water doesn't provide any added benefit (other than not having to listen to Corsair's three 40mm fans), then we as enthusiasts might be better off spending the money on something else.

If someone has already assessed the value of the heatsinks on this memory, please point me in the right direction.

The value of the heatsinks is nill, but the memory underneath is amazing stuff.

I DOUBT watercooling the memory is going to help too much, unless you have zero active cooling or your case internals get hot as hell.

The water only travels through one type of metal, to clarify, that tube sits inside an aluminum block.

The way I see it, marketing. Is it cool though? Hell yeah, I think so.

water cooling memory is absolutely worthless, the real benefits of heatsinks on ram are pretty small.

I believe the way the heatsinks are applied need to be upgraded drastically.

Back