OCZ Agility 3 60GB SSD $50 AC @ Microcenter (possibly $34 AC/AR)

bpizzle1

Supreme [H]ardness
Microcenter is running another one of their Facebook coupon deals, and today it is for the OCZ Agility 3 60GB SSD. Follow the link, "like" Microcenter, and fill out the form. You should be able to print the coupon after that.

https://www.facebook.com/MicroCenter/app_263996086966257

According to the people on Slickdeals, the actual coupon that prints takes the SSD down to $49.99 by itself. There is also a $15 MIR that is supposedly printing for some people at the store after their purchase, but YMMV on this.

Here's a link to the rebate that someone posted on SD:
http://www.microcenter.com/rebates/rebate_show.phtml?id=61270

Supposedly issues with the drive have been mostly fixed via firmware updates, so let's try to keep the OCZ bashing to a minimum here please.

Not $34 AC/AR. The $15 mail-in rebate is part of what brings it to $50. Still an awesome deal.

Not $34 AC/AR. The $15 mail-in rebate is part of what brings it to $50. Still an awesome deal.

Like I said, it's YMMV for $34. There are many people over on SD saying that the managers at Microcenter have to override the price to use the coupon, and in some cases they are just overriding the price to $50. If you get lucky, you could potentially get the drive for $34.

Why do all the deals have hoops now-a-days? BM only, AR, AC, Requires FB, YMMV, etc. Can't we just get a decent deal on Amazon :(

Because the deal is there to push something. Like increasing their facebook friend count so more people notice them. Get you into the store so you buy other stuff. Hope you forget to send in the MIR.

Got mine today. $54 after tax and before the $15 MIR. Awesome deal. Manager didn't even question the coupon.

Can someone post a screenshot of the coupon or a direct link for those without Facebook and are too lazy to create a fake account?

Last edited:
Why do all the deals have hoops now-a-days? BM only, AR, AC, Requires FB, YMMV, etc. Can't we just get a decent deal on Amazon :(
In this internet shopping dominating market, company's would be smart to make more BM only deals. It brings a customer in the doors and most will buy a few other impulse buys while in the store itself. Were-as online, its too easy to hit the link to the deal, add to cart, checkout, done. Microcenter is getting this down good with their facebook coupons to bring peeps into the store. I fell for it. When I used their coupon deal a few months ago to get the i7 K2600 & MB deal, i impulsed myself to buy some RAM too and an new CPU cooler. After I got home, I thought why the hell did i just waste the savings I spent on the deal to buy this over piced RAM and cooler when I could have ordered it from newegg for less? MC is an hour drive from me so there was no way I was going back to return.

microcenter always has amazing B&M deals. I wish I had one in my state.

Got it for $50 before rebate :) $35 for a SSD is a steal!

I felt bad though knowing it should have came out to $65 and the manager came to override it :(

edit: This was at Chicago Microcenter

Last edited:
The afternoon manager at the DFW MC is aware of the deal stipulations and will not override the price to $50. They charged me $65. In case the extra $15 is a deal breaker for anyone planning to get one in the DFW area.

The afternoon manager at the DFW MC is aware of the deal stipulations and will not override the price to $50. They charged me $65. In case the extra $15 is a deal breaker for anyone planning to get one in the DFW area.

Do you remember which manager? I usually see Jim on all my deals since he is usually easy going.

Worth noting that the rebate expires on April 8th, so you've got 3 days to make up your mind. But I got it the other day and VERY VERY happy with it. Thank you so much OP for posting this deal, else I would have gotten Crucial m4 64GB for $85, $50 more than this cost

Jackass in the Houston store did the same thing. He just shoved the facebook page in my face. The coupon that prints out states no where that 49.99 is after mail in rebate. This is clearly bait and switch. I called microcenters corporate office and they were zero help and obviously don't care about me as a customer. I informed them that I would be reporting them to the BBB and they still didn't seem to care. Just another reason to stick with newegg and amazon for all my future purchases.

Last edited:
Quick question: I didn't get the rebate form printed at the store. For those that did get the rebate form printed at checkout, does it have any "unique" details? Such as a special bar code or does it just direct you to the OCZ rebate website with some generic details like the rebate form in the OP?

Its on microcenters website, I'd post you the link but I'm on my phone.

Well good thing I went in on the first day and got it. I wonder if you had pitched a fit about false advertising if they would have stuck to their guns like the Houston store. Oh well, still not a bad deal, but much better at the discounted price.

Got one tonight at NE Ohio Mayfield Heights store. The manger that did the price fix asked the sales man if he told another manager that wasnt there about the coupon code ringing up the wrong price ($65) and he told him he did a couple days ago. But nothing was done about it, and I had no issues getting it for $50.

I also scored an open box ASUS P8Z68-V Pro for $58 and 10FT of Primoflex tubing for $.96.

Well good thing I went in on the first day and got it. I wonder if you had pitched a fit about false advertising if they would have stuck to their guns like the Houston store. Oh well, still not a bad deal, but much better at the discounted price.

I fussed about it a little but didn't really give it my usually effort cause I was there on my lunch break and had to hurry.

Bumping this up for a great deal. Tomorrow is the last day the rebate is valid. Got the SSD 3 days ago and no issues so far. Super fast and at $34 it's a no brainer

Back