OCZ 600 vs. PCP&C 510 vs. Silverstone 650

Working out details of my summer build as much as i can. In reguards to hardware i dont have much since its yet to be released...

I'm assuming an AM2 board, maybe x2 5000, 2 gigs ddr2 and SLi of w/e card is out (7900gtx?), 150gig raptor, 2x 400gig sata II's, 3 water pumps (3 loops)...

i'm looking for quiet, a little noise isnt bad but the quieter the better! known pros/cons of each?

psu time... looking at these three:

SilverStone ST65ZF Zeus 650W SLI Power Supply (SST-ST65ZF) - $160

OCZ PowerStream™ 600 Watt "Limited Edition" SLI Power Supply - $199

PC Power and Cooling Turbo-Cool® 510 SLI - $240

Thanks for the help guys!

The Silverstone and the OCZ aren't usually the models I would consider best for SLI or Prescott rigs - the two that are better suited are the single 12v models: Zeus ST56ZF (12v@38A) and Powerstream 520W (12v@33A - can handle loads the 600W cannot). In addition, the Sparkle FSP550PLG-SLI is no slouch either if you're looking to save a buck or two.

The Silverstone 650W quad 12v will work, but I hear it's not quiet.

^the 520W version is a better investment than the 600W? I'm looking into that PSU and if that's the general consensus then I might just buy the 520 instead.

If your selection is OCZ, PCP&C or Silverstone, I'm going to say Silverstone. ;)

my vote will be for the PCP&C 510 deluxe SLI.
I own oneand the thing is stable as hell.
and if you are worried about noise you can send it to PCP&C and have them change out to a quieter fan from what i understand.
or just order it from PCP&P and see what they can do for ya.

If you investing your money into a high end pc like that might as well go with the pc p&C.

Although I must worn that personal computers make very lowsy investment vehicles. (see sig)

mal

Ive used serveral of all the above, But when I oc to higer limits i need to have the most.The Most stabillity, volts, amps, and clean signal. I use the PCP&C PSU's. The best built there is. The 510's are great. (i also have the 1kw) plenty to use there. Ya cant go wrong

Captin Insano said:
Ive used serveral of all the above, But when I oc to higer limits i need to have the most.The Most stabillity, volts, amps, and clean signal. I use the PCP&C PSU's. The best built there is. The 510's are great. (i also have the 1kw) plenty to use there. Ya cant go wrong
Ditto! Love mine, and it will be a while until I have to upgrade my psu..

Back