OCZ 4GB (2 x 2) DDR2 800 (4-4-4-15) - $20.98 shipped AR

Almost got me... but I live in Georgia so after tax it would only beat my deal by $2.49, and it's 5-5-5 timing (but I'm sure it could hit 4-4-4 with a touch more voltage).

I know just what you mean man - ever since they opened that facility in Jackson just north of Memphis
I've had a hard time finding deals at the 'Egg that couldn't be beat, oh ANYwhere else really :p

And it sure doesn't help any that Tennessee state sales tax is right at 9.75%

Yeah... That's why the smart ones live in Mississippi and work in TN for the zero-state income tax. They still can call deals @ the Egg deals...

if my OS could actually use all this i would certainly upgrade.

Whatcha running?

xp 32bit, i don't really run too much and games don't seem to need more than that esp since my vid card has a ton of memory too. i alsy remember someone saying that its not just ram, but ram + vid card memory that must be <~ 4 gbs

*must wait till next year where im sure it will be even cheaper.

WHile I dislike MIR's, it's not because I have had a bad experience with them. Actually, I have had good experiences. It's that you can only buy one of the product for the price. I want to go to 8gb. And to do so for $40 would be awesome.

games don't seem to need more than that esp since my vid card has a ton of memory too.

You must not have played GTA IV yet. IT runs fine for the first 20 minutes or so, and then it slowly starts to get more and more laggy if you only have 2 GB of ram. That's pretty much the sole reason I'm upgrading.

The world is a better place on the outside once your out of GT.

Are you saying you didn't enjoy having no life and no girlfriend here at Tech? Actually, I learned that you can have a life and a girlfriend here, but your grades will suffer miserably. :(

I'll be out soon enough.

Are you saying you didn't enjoy having no life and no girlfriend here at Tech? Actually, I learned that you can have a life and a girlfriend here, but your grades will suffer miserably. :(

Yes you can have a life. I figured at a 'better' or 'top tier' University either you have the smarts or the networking skills to get what you need to get done actually done or you suffer in the social life or grades. Everything comes at a price. Or you have option three of being a smart and sleep deprived zombie who tries to have a social life. This will, inevitably, result in -10years on your life span but that can also be thought of as 10 years less of misery as a miserly senile old man.

BTW, deal is dead. OOS. gtg man calculated the shipping in so it is $20ish but for those of you living in the Logistics hub states add Tax to the less-than-Egg deals and shop elsewhere.

PS - lets rant about Gatech elsewhere. [H] should be, and will always remain to me, a place filled with happy deals and happy thoughts.

Yes you can have a life. I figured at a 'better' or 'top tier' University either you have the smarts or the networking skills to get what you need to get done actually done or you suffer in the social life or grades. Everything comes at a price. Or you have option three of being a smart and sleep deprived zombie who tries to have a social life. This will, inevitably, result in -10years on your life span but that can also be thought of as 10 years less of misery as a miserly senile old man.

BTW, deal is dead. OOS. gtg man calculated the shipping in so it is $20ish but for those of you living in the Logistics hub states add Tax to the less-than-Egg deals and shop elsewhere.

PS - lets rant about Gatech elsewhere. [H] should be, and will always remain to me, a place filled with happy deals and happy thoughts.

Graduating in two days, BSEE!

I cant wait to get out of that place!

are you saying i shouldnt go to gatech for gradschool?

Back