OCZ 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive $30 (after $40 rebate) + shipping

Awww... I had thought I can finally upgrade from my measly 4GB...

Anyone know how reliable OCZ rebate program is?

"OCZ Technology Group Inc. reserves the right to modify or withdraw this promotion at any time."
"OCZ Technology Group Inc reserves the right to interpret the rules of this promotion at its sole discretion and all decisions made by OCZ are final."

Hmmm...

8-15mb/s writes?

this is why i carry a 2.5 inch laptop harddrive with me. 35mb/s read and write via usb :D. esata when i'm at home and need to put stuff on it though ;) :D. price wasn't much more than this, and yes its bigger but thats ok, cause i still have 131 gb of free space on it :D

i guess if you want something tiny its good ;)

8-15mb/s writes?

this is why i carry a 2.5 inch laptop harddrive with me. 35mb/s read and write via usb :D. esata when i'm at home and need to put stuff on it though ;) :D. price wasn't much more than this, and yes its bigger but thats ok, cause i still have 131 gb of free space on it :D

Just don't drop the laptop drive too many times ;)

8-15mb/s writes?

The "Detailed Specs" area does show lifetime warranty. Not something you get with magnetic drives. Really contemplating this... thanks for the details OP.

Just remember to immediately submit the rebate. Per the rebate PDF:
"Rebates postmarked after fourteen (14) days of purchase will be denied."

I would not trust 32gb of important data on any OCZ flash drive.
I have had the misfortune of owning a 2gb version of this drive, and it would spontaneously loose data for no reason at all.
I had to send it in under RMA, and the new one I received started doing the same thing after only 2 weeks of use.
I did not bother to return the second drive as the cost of shipping the item for RMA cost more then the value of flash drive.

I generally avoid all OCZ memory and flash products,
I have bought from many other memory & flash manufacturers over the years with no issues, however every OCZ item I have ever owned, or encountered (in friends PC's) have failed. Including what was at the time supposedly their highest end DDR2 memory kit, which required RMA service on day one even without ever overclocking it.

There are so many other memory/flash manufactures out there that make much better products, so i would personally recommend you avoid any OCZ item if quality and stability is something your are looking for.

I've never had a problem with OCZ rebates. I've gotten them on power supplies I've bought.

I would go with an ocz rebate over a damn corsair rebate thats for sure.

I have more problems with ecost than I do OCZ. Rebate is too large for me. I've had great success with corsair rebates. They always arrive quick for me.

I would not trust 32gb of important data on any OCZ flash drive.
I have had the misfortune of owning a 2gb version of this drive, and it would spontaneously loose data for no reason at all.
I had to send it in under RMA, and the new one I received started doing the same thing after only 2 weeks of use.
I did not bother to return the second drive as the cost of shipping the item for RMA cost more then the value of flash drive.

I generally avoid all OCZ memory and flash products,
I have bought from many other memory & flash manufacturers over the years with no issues, however every OCZ item I have ever owned, or encountered (in friends PC's) have failed. Including what was at the time supposedly their highest end DDR2 memory kit, which required RMA service on day one even without ever overclocking it.

There are so many other memory/flash manufactures out there that make much better products, so i would personally recommend you avoid any OCZ item if quality and stability is something your are looking for.

I have also owned the 2GB version...I have washed/dried it 6 times now, and its still kicking.

Besides anyone that uses a flash drive as their only means of data backup is just screwed already. Flash drives are for transfers. But anyways, I have yet to have one SINGLE issue with the drive.

And guess what, I got my rebate for that 2 weeks before they quoted me on it. YMMV, it was a newegg/OCZ rebate.

I have more problems with ecost than I do OCZ. Rebate is too large for me. I've had great success with corsair rebates. They always arrive quick for me.

I agree, i stay away from rebates that are more than 30%. unless its under 20$.

I have a 2GB ocz stick and its treated me well for awhile. My OCZ ram and the rebate from the drive all came back promptly.

I believe there is an OCZ rep on the forums as well for assistance if it goes south.

reads shouldn't be that bad for an os boot, should be about as fast as old laptops. linux would do fine. vista would be deathly though.

My main issue with OCZ rebates is their short postmark times. I've missed out on $60 worth just cause I forgot about them until it was only a few days too late

well, I can see that, but normally you have 30 days from the time of purchase to send your rebate in.

I usually do it as soon as I get the product/test it.

So far I've gotten every single rebate I've sent in... one Sapphire one was 6 months with no check, I sent them a slightly pissed e-mail and I got a check within a week. :)

Only ones I'm waiting for right now are an OCZ $30, and an Asus $20 one I sent just last night... but my other Asus one arrived just fine so I expect similar.

It's worth the couple minutes it takes to fill out paper-work, cut UPC, and make some photocopies for backup.

OCZ REBATE PROGRAM: NOT RELIABLE.

Was just denied for purchase outside the rebate date. LOL As I bought it ON-LINE with the rebate (and have email and retailer invoices to prove it) There was no way it was outside the date. (And the rebate coupon I sent along with it proves it.)

They didn't even say I was missing anything (obviously they couldn't).

Truly disappointing.

OCZ REBATE PROGRAM: NOT RELIABLE.

Was just denied for purchase outside the rebate date. LOL As I bought it ON-LINE with the rebate (and have email and retailer invoices to prove it) There was no way it was outside the date. (And the rebate coupon I sent along with it proves it.)

They didn't even say I was missing anything (obviously they couldn't).

Truly disappointing.

Go to their memory forums. I had an issue, contacted via their forums, and I eventually received my rebate. They'll take care of you. Just give them a chance.

http://ocztechnologyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=156

Back