OCZ 120gb SSD $309 AR Free ship Newegg

davidm71

[H]ard|Gawd
Newegg has the Ocz 1v120g ssd drive for 309 with promocode EMCMNNM43 after rebate.

1v, V1. Just to be clear, this is not a version number, correct? This is just part of the naming convention. There is no V2. Right?

Seems like a hot deal on a GREAT drive.

Code does not work for 60G Agility or 30G, 60G Vertex. It was not advertised that it would work, but I figured I would give it a shot.

1v, V1. Just to be clear, this is not a version number, correct? This is just part of the naming convention. There is no V2. Right?

Seems like a hot deal on a GREAT drive.

My mistake, it's 1VTX, which is used for the entire vertex series (standard, turbo, EX.) 1AGT is agility, 1CLS is colossus. The core series is up to its second revision, 2C.

The code works but you see the savings at checkout. I was confused at first too but it will say $100 promotional on lower right side of checkout page.

How does this compare to the X25-M?

Well they're both mlc as opposed to the better and more expensive slc drives I think. I saw somewhere that the 80gb intel ssd x25-m goes for 245 so this would be a better deal. I think they both support Trim but not 100% sure. Couple days ago I ordered the ocz 60gb drive for 189 after rebate not including an additional 10% paypal discount making it $170. That paypal deal is dead. I may return it in favor of the 120gb model maybe. What do you guys think?

Well they're both mlc as opposed to the better and more expensive slc drives I think. I saw somewhere that the 80gb intel ssd x25-m goes for 245 so this would be a better deal. I think they both support Trim but not 100% sure. Couple days ago I ordered the ocz 60gb drive for 189 after rebate not including an additional 10% paypal discount making it $170. That paypal deal is dead. I may return it in favor of the 120gb model maybe. What do you guys think?

The 120G model is faster than the 60G, so if you need the space and aren't worried about the hassle then go for it.

I have this one and it is NICE!

I got it from Microcenter a few months ago when it was just under $300 AR + taxes. The Intel drives are a bit faster with smaller file read and writes, but a bit slower on larger files. The intel drive makes a better OS drive, and this drive makes a better gaming drive.

The entire Vertex line supports TRIM so that is no worry if you have windows 7. It's a great drive for the price. I am tempted to get a 250GB for my main rig and through this 120GB into my second computer :)

If you write huge sequential files to your OS drive often, then you'll want an Indilinx based drive.

The Intel X25-M SSDs have fast small random write speeds, but have slower sequential speeds. Conversely, the Indilinx based drives have faster sequential speeds, but slower small random write speeds. When you setup the Indilinx drives in RAID0, the small random write speeds increase enough to more than compensate for the single drive's deficiency. Likewise, when you RAID0 Intel drives, the sequential speeds increase more than enough. Small random write speeds are more important for the avg desktop user than sequential speeds. For single SSD usage, the Intel is a better choice because of this. However, Indilinx based drives' small random write speeds are still faster than mechanical drives, so even in a single drive config, it's still a good choice if you can afford it.
http://ssd.alphaq.org

Got an UltraDrive ME 60GB for $140 earlier this year... will wait for similar deal.

Good price though.Soon these will be where most enthusiasts can afford at least one for their OS. I really like the direction these are going (bigger, cheaper, faster) but I wish they would get there a little faster!!! :D

Got an UltraDrive ME 60GB for $140 earlier this year... will wait for similar deal.
Good score there. We were spoiled by the initial prices, if we only knew then what we know now, that flash memory chip prices were going to double.

Heck just after prices began rising i picked up a 30gb vertex for less than $100 after cashback and no mail-in-rebates, good luck finding that now, especially without the rebate.

If anyone's curious as to when prices will begin to drop...they'll drop when those certain flash memory manufacturers ramp up production.

Back