Oculus Rift Shipping Notice

dan1

Limp Gawd
Hi Daniel,

Your Rift is almost ready to ship, and your order will be processed in the next 1-3 weeks. For some customers, your actual ship date may differ from the estimate you saw when ordering.

Your payment will be processed when your order ships so we want to make sure we have your details right. Please check xx and review the following:

• Do we have your correct billing and shipping information?
  • Is your payment information accurate?
  • Is your PC ready to power Rift? You can use our compatibility tool to check, or learn more about our Oculus Ready program.
  • Do you have an open HDMI port on your graphics card for Rift? You might need an adapter if the port is already in use for your monitor or TV.

Thanks for being part of the future of VR. We can't wait for you to see what's next.

See you in Rift,

The Oculus Team
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone else receive this mail?

Many have, yes. Mostly people with estimated March delivery on their initial order. I believe only the kickstarter backers have actually been shipped out so far (due for arrival on launch day). I had my order in within 30 seconds of the page being up.. be disappointed if I have to wait 2-3 weeks.. but I expected as much, I guess.

Just placed my order for Rift, i should of placed it long time ago but wasn't sure until recently that I wanted one.

Just placed my order for Rift, i should of placed it long time ago but wasn't sure until recently that I wanted one.

I'm torn as to whether I should order one now or wait for them to show up at retail. Estimated ship date says July, but some retail locations may have them in april. I hesitated when the pre-orders went up, but now I'm regretting it.

Well, I may just steal my friend's DK2 once his CV1 arrives and hope that it'll tide me over until I can get my grubby mits on the real deal. (and hope that it'll actually work, too!)

I'm torn as to whether I should order one now or wait for them to show up at retail. Estimated ship date says July, but some retail locations may have them in april. I hesitated when the pre-orders went up, but now I'm regretting it.

Well, I may just steal my friend's DK2 once his CV1 arrives and hope that it'll tide me over until I can get my grubby mits on the real deal. (and hope that it'll actually work, too!)

Yeap, I know how you feel. I'm starting to see sellers on Amazon for $1299, lol. Daym the free market.

Got my shipping soon email. I'm *26* though and was originally slated to be march. I have my doubts based on the complete lack of shipping notifications for anybody but the kickstarter backers. Maybe they'll have a mad rush over the next few days and blow through 23-26 but if each one is a unique order thats ~300k headsets. So I'm not counting on it.

Got my shipping soon email. I'm *26* though and was originally slated to be march. I have my doubts based on the complete lack of shipping notifications for anybody but the kickstarter backers. Maybe they'll have a mad rush over the next few days and blow through 23-26 but if each one is a unique order thats ~300k headsets. So I'm not counting on it.

Their CEO stated pre-orders should start shipping the middle of this week.. which means it will have taken them 3/4 business days to ship out the ~9000 kickstarter units. I'm in the 24 group, had my pre-order in just after the page went live.. doing my best to forget about it for awhile though. I believe it's going to be another week or two before most of us with early orders see anything show up.

Got my pre-order e-mail earlier this morning as well, I'm a 26 order as well. I was a little bummed that I didn't get it on Friday like the first batch did....just hoping it's because my real name is at the end of the alphabet and didn't make the first wave of e-mails and not because I'm not in the first batch shipping out.

Got an email that my new ship date is May 9-19. Bit later than the March date when I ordered the damn thing...

I might cancel on principle and order a Vive instead.

Mine was scheduled for April, so after reading your update I thought I'd login to my account and see if there was any news...
Estimated Ship Date 6/20/2016 - 6/30/2016

:eek:

Mine was scheduled for April, so after reading your update I thought I'd login to my account and see if there was any news...

:eek:

Mine is the 13-23. I think, based on all the footage, and the fact that I'm already waiting, I'm just going to cancel my Rift order and go with the Vive.

My original estimate was July and it still may ship in July with these dates: July 25th - August 4th. I am keeping my pre-order though I will buy it in a store if I find one in Best Buy before that.

Mine got moved back to April 25th to May 5th, i have a Vive on order also, gonna cancel whichever one doesn't ship first.

My original order date was June, and now it's late June to early July (I don't remember the exact dates). I already assumed I wouldn't see it until the last week of June so I'm not upset about an extra week or two.

The Oculus subreddit is a madhouse right now. People take this shit personally.

Man. This whole VR experience for me so far has been nothing but pure rage. Pre-ordered both a Vive and Rift @ <4 minutes and I have nothing to show for it, except a 'sometime in April' and MAY delivery window, respectively.

Oculus order was completely skipped over because, apparently, those who modify payment information don't deserve their place in queue any longer.

Vive? No fucking idea. Could be on the truck for delivery right now for all I know. Shipping completely out of order, and customer service knows less than I do somehow.

Call me entitled or whatever, but I've never gotten the run around quite like I have the past month with these two shitbag companies.

Many have, yes. Mostly people with estimated March delivery on their initial order. I believe only the kickstarter backers have actually been shipped out so far (due for arrival on launch day). I had my order in within 30 seconds of the page being up.. be disappointed if I have to wait 2-3 weeks.. but I expected as much, I guess.

How much did the original kickstarters have to pay to get a Rift at launch?

Looking at the original Kickstarter if you paid $275 you would get a "unassembled Rift prototype kit," and then by $300 you got the "Rift developer kit." But none of the options mentioned a retail unity. So am I to assume that the $300 backers got not only the 1st gen rift but also a Retail version? Or did the Kickstarters have the option to buy the retail version first?

Man. This whole VR experience for me so far has been nothing but pure rage. Pre-ordered both a Vive and Rift @ <4 minutes and I have nothing to show for it, except a 'sometime in April' and MAY delivery window, respectively.

Oculus order was completely skipped over because, apparently, those who modify payment information don't deserve their place in queue any longer.

Vive? No fucking idea. Could be on the truck for delivery right now for all I know. Shipping completely out of order, and customer service knows less than I do somehow.

Call me entitled or whatever, but I've never gotten the run around quite like I have the past month with these two shitbag companies.

I understand frustration, but "white with rage"? Really? Let's be honest with ourselves and admit that we're talking about expensive toys here.

How much did the original kickstarters have to pay to get a Rift at launch?

Looking at the original Kickstarter if you paid $275 you would get a "unassembled Rift prototype kit," and then by $300 you got the "Rift developer kit." But none of the options mentioned a retail unity. So am I to assume that the $300 backers got not only the 1st gen rift but also a Retail version? Or did the Kickstarters have the option to buy the retail version first?

I think the $400 backers got a CV1 when or if it was ever to be released, but I'm not sure. TBH I wish I had the foresight to pony up the money back then.

HTC hasn't given you any date other than April as a ship date, you were OK with this when you clicked checkout, so I really have no sympathy for your anger at htc. With the oculus, you have a right to be angry if your ship date has deviated from their initial estimate. Though, as a mea culpa they comped you free shipping. If you are mad you have the option of canceling your pre-order or going to the secondary market to get it sooner. Sure, they could be better about communication but the situation might be fluid for a number of reasons. Oculus is reporting parts shortages and so far I've only seen HTC saying if your order said April you will get it in April.

Blind with rage over something like this? Really? If I were a betting man I would guess you either are desperate to take delivery so you can flip them on eBay or an impatient teen from the way you just came across.

HTC hasn't given you any date other than April as a ship date, you were OK with this when you clicked checkout, so I really have no sympathy for your anger at htc. With the oculus, you have a right to be angry if your ship date has deviated from their initial estimate. Though, as a mea culpa they comped you free shipping. If you are mad you have the option of canceling your pre-order or going to the secondary market to get it sooner. Sure, they could be better about communication but the situation might be fluid for a number of reasons. Oculus is reporting parts shortages and so far I've only seen HTC saying if your order said April you will get it in April.

Blind with rage over something like this? Really? If I were a betting man I would guess you either are desperate to take delivery so you can flip them on eBay or an impatient teen from the way you just came across.

He's been here a decade, so probably not an impatient teen. ;)

We should be allowed to vent a bit. Yeah they are expensive toys as someone said, but they're brand new, cutting edge tech we were excited to get within a certain time frame, and now that time frame is pushed 30-45+ days for no particular reason. If they met their estimates they'd be in our hands by now.

Although perhaps a slight exaggeration, as a consumer of fine toys I have every reason to be perturbed. A large number of people (including myself, if you've gathered) have been consistently mislead by both parties' customer service reps. I'm not so bothered that I don't physically have the things in my possession, I just wish they'd have communicated better in the first place.

I think the term "mislead" is a bit of an over reaction. Both companies got way more orders than anticipated given the assumed level of "nitchiness" of the product so it's a first come first serve scenario. It's not their fault a shitlod of people got their orders in before you. Combine that with some manufacturing issues on the part of Oculus and you get some unfortunate delays. It's not like either company is delaying your order just to piss you off. There is no "evil corporation fucking with the little guy" here. Just two companies who were a bit unprepared for the popularity of their expensive new toy.

Although perhaps a slight exaggeration, as a consumer of fine toys I have every reason to be perturbed. A large number of people (including myself, if you've gathered) have been consistently mislead by both parties' customer service reps. I'm not so bothered that I don't physically have the things in my possession, I just wish they'd have communicated better in the first place.

I agree, they failed on the communication front. I will say though, I believe someone high up on the HTC food chain has stuck his neck out saying orders that say shipping in April are guaranteed as such. Also. this is from April 7th on the HTC blog

• When is my expected delivery date?
Your Vive system will be shipped in the month noted in your order confirmation email. When your purchase has been completed and your order has been shipped, you will receive a separate shipment notification email, which includes a tracking number. Orders began shipping from HTC distribution centers in Europe, North America and Asia on April 5. We can only provide exact shipping and delivery timings to customers once shipping notifications have been issued by our distribution partners.

Also,

• What do I do if my order has been delayed?
Vive order fulfillment is on track without delays, so you don’t need to do a thing. Pre-orders began shipping on April 5th, as originally communicated. You can check your order confirmation email to find out when your order will be shipped. We are making weekly global shipments and every Vive is being sent out from our regional distribution centers immediately upon receipt.

So far you have no reason to believe that HTC will not fufill their end of the bargain, other than evidently pre-orders were probably higher than both companies anticipated.

I ordered my Oculus about 30 minutes after they started taking orders, my estimate was may and just got pushed back to June, so I do have reason to be pissed. My HTC Vive order came in at a similar time, as far as I know its still shipping in April.

I agree, they failed on the communication front. I will say though, I believe someone high up on the HTC food chain has stuck his neck out saying orders that say shipping in April are guaranteed as such. Also. this is from April 7th on the HTC blog

• When is my expected delivery date?
Your Vive system will be shipped in the month noted in your order confirmation email. When your purchase has been completed and your order has been shipped, you will receive a separate shipment notification email, which includes a tracking number. Orders began shipping from HTC distribution centers in Europe, North America and Asia on April 5. We can only provide exact shipping and delivery timings to customers once shipping notifications have been issued by our distribution partners.

Also,

• What do I do if my order has been delayed?
Vive order fulfillment is on track without delays, so you don’t need to do a thing. Pre-orders began shipping on April 5th, as originally communicated. You can check your order confirmation email to find out when your order will be shipped. We are making weekly global shipments and every Vive is being sent out from our regional distribution centers immediately upon receipt.

So far you have no reason to believe that HTC will not fufill their end of the bargain, other than evidently pre-orders were probably higher than both companies anticipated.

I ordered my Oculus about 30 minutes after they started taking orders, my estimate was may and just got pushed back to June, so I do have reason to be pissed. My HTC Vive order came in at a similar time, as far as I know its still shipping in April.
I'd be content if all I was quoted was an April delivery, but that's not the case. According to their customer service, my order was supposed to arrive by the 5th. Then it was shipping on the 5th. Then it was arriving the week of the 5th. And then I stopped bothering the poor reps. On top of that, they ship completely out of order, so it doesn't even matter when you placed your order. I could have been the first person to submit, but that's not how they're shipping.

I understand logistics, I do not expect a hand delivered product on launch day. I'm just frustrated I'm continually fed incorrect information.

I'd be content if all I was quoted was an April delivery, but that's not the case. According to their customer service, my order was supposed to arrive by the 5th. Then it was shipping on the 5th. Then it was arriving the week of the 5th. And then I stopped bothering the poor reps. On top of that, they ship completely out of order, so it doesn't even matter when you placed your order. I could have been the first person to submit, but that's not how they're shipping.

I understand logistics, I do not expect a hand delivered product on launch day. I'm just frustrated I'm continually fed incorrect information.

It doesn't appear that their logistics are centralized, they seem to be working with distribution partners to fill orders for specific regions, that explains why things are shipping out of order.

I think the term "mislead" is a bit of an over reaction. Both companies got way more orders than anticipated given the assumed level of "nitchiness" of the product so it's a first come first serve scenario. It's not their fault a shitlod of people got their orders in before you. Combine that with some manufacturing issues on the part of Oculus and you get some unfortunate delays. It's not like either company is delaying your order just to piss you off. There is no "evil corporation fucking with the little guy" here. Just two companies who were a bit unprepared for the popularity of their expensive new toy.

But I thought these were too expensive for people to buy and it was going to flop hard? Oh yeah that's right there are plenty of people that can afford them. Apparently too many.

That being said oculus did F this launch bad. Their communication has been very poor. I believe they have done some of the things they have done to avoid a mass exodus to the vive. If they had told everybody early on that the orders would be delayed I'm sure the vive's pre-orders would have been even more. People just want a vr head asap. $600, $800, $1000, does it really matter? There are plenty of things that cost that much or more and aren't nearly as exciting.

Anyhow, I ordered as quickly as I could on launch day, got quoted march, then got the 1-3 week email, then got the may 2nd to may 12th update. After the first delay I also ordered a Vive which is scheduled for May delivery. I suspect the rift will get here first but we shall see. I'm definitely in preference to the comfort of the rift to the vive's roomscale, but I've also lost any faith I had in oculus to deliver a product.

Back