Oculus Rift Is $329 at Best Buy

This is a good value for someone wanting to try out VR. Really.

Really considering this for a racing sim rig... I have a 34" ultrawide being delivered on Tuesday though.

Hell I'm debating buying another cause the price is so low. Have another pc that can use it but not really the extra room for 2 player :/

Really considering this for a racing sim rig... I have a 34" ultrawide being delivered on Tuesday though.

Yeah sounds like what happend to me. Bought a 40" 4k screen for the pc and then a few days later the rift.. guess what I played on the next month or so.. yup the rift! Sucks.

But with that said, sounds like car sims are awesome in vr so ya might just wana jump on it!

Rift + Touch for $329 is the lowest I've seen it sold for. That's a damn sweet price - if you have a rig capable of driving VR and you were on the fence, this is a no-brainer. Especially if you are into any form of racing/flying sims.

Rift + Touch for $329 is the lowest I've seen it sold for. That's a damn sweet price - if you have a rig capable of driving VR and you were on the fence, this is a no-brainer. Especially if you are into any form of racing/flying sims.
Get this for $329, or use my $100 Dell gift card and get the HTC vive for $399?

Get this for $329, or use my $100 Dell gift card and get the HTC vive for $399?

With the Vive, you'll still need to get the deluxe audio head-strap to really be comparable to the Rift as its audio/strap setup is much better, so that's your $100 gift card making the Vive $399 and $100 Deluxe Audio strap: $599 overall cost sunk vs. $329 for the Rift. (And if you want room scale, the Rift's extra sensor is only $60). Bottom line, all-in with an apples to apples comparison, it's $389 vs. $599. Or if you just want to do race/flying sims, $329 Rift vs $599 Vive. To me at least, the Vive isn't worth almost twice as much and its controllers just aren't as nice.

Yup old headset is lighter more comfortable on the rift. Heard that a million times back when. Touch controllers are awesome on the rift.

The vive pro model has a little better resolution over the rift but you need to buy the vive pro headset at like another $800 on top of the standard set.

Rift can play alot of games from steam as well. So you have oculus home with a ton of games and steam.

Can use 4 sensors on the rift if wanted as well.

Might need a pcie usb card to use 3-4 sensors to not overload the usb controller. I use 1 for 3 connections and the headset comes with another usb connection.

Buy now and hunt for Christmas specials on games on both rift and steam.

That's an interesting choice, youc could get the wireless adapter for the Vive

And that option adds yet another $300 on top of the Vive purchase path bringing it up to $899.... (see earlier posts)

Next gen VR 2.0 HMD's are only about a year out now...

My advice is go cheap with a Rift now at $329, get hooked on VR and enjoy the hell out of it till VR 2.0 arrives... then look into upgrading.

so tempting. I might actually pick this up when I get home.

Thanks for killing my wallet op!

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
^^^^ $299. Wow! $349 was already a really great deal. While it's Fleabay, it IS the Microsoft outlet store, so legit. Pretty stellar deal for the full Rift setup with touch controllers and 6 games. No way there is much if any profit built into that price.

that's a fuckin steal. I thought I made out with the $329 deal earlier too!

Back