Oculus Rift Could Make Music Software Way Easier to Use

Yep, a million and one uses and it'll probably still never be any more widely accepted than 3D TV's and gaming has.
Funny thing about this is that the Hydra controller is no longer in production and very expensive if you can find one so I don't expect to see what this guy did to ever come to market for musical use.

Speaking of Razer, I noticed they have their own VR unit that is open source. Probably no one will develop for it though since Occulus gets all the attention.

Yep, a million and one uses and it'll probably still never be any more widely accepted than 3D TV's and gaming has.
Funny thing about this is that the Hydra controller is no longer in production and very expensive if you can find one so I don't expect to see what this guy did to ever come to market for musical use.

Speaking of Razer, I noticed they have their own VR unit that is open source. Probably no one will develop for it though since Occulus gets all the attention.

Sixense (the company who developed the Hydra hardware) has a new wireless system coming out that is replacing the Hydra. They also have a Rift-enabled 3d modeller that looks really promising:

http://sixense.com/wireless

It's interesting that people are paying so much for old Hydra hardware. When I got the DK1 Rift, I think I picked up a Hydra on amazon for $65 on clearance. It's really great for VR, but it is pretty useless for its intended purpose of bringing motion controls to PC games.

That looked very difficult to use as compared to our current methods. It may be more fun, of course, but it doesn't look anywhere near to solving any sort of issue or improving workflow, which is what I think VR will need to gain any sort of tracktion.

Back