Oculus Reacts To Virtual Reality Privacy Questions

HardOCP News

[H] News
The powers-that-be at Oculus don’t seem too concerned about all the privacy policy questions they have received lately, even with politicians breathing down their necks. A representative from the company told the Associated Press that all those questions will be answered “in due time.”

Jason Rubin , Oculus' head of worldwide studios, is downplaying questions raised about the VR system's privacy policy. "It's a new medium," said Rubin during a Thursday interview. "People want to know. They have a right to ask. We'll answer. It'll be fine." Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) wrote an open letter to Oculus CEO Brendan Iribe earlier this month asking for details about user data collected by the new VR system, which is worn on users' heads and can detect movement, location and sound.

Does it even matter what they say they will or won't do? Read the dam EULA of pretty much everything out there and they always have the same lines, "You agree we can change this agreement at anytime." So really who cares what they say now when they can just change it again later to let them do whatever they want at that time.

So people who were worried about Facebook buying oculus literally have every right to be concerned, now and back then. They (Facebook) just don't get it.

All it takes is for people to cancel all there orders for the rift. Then things may change. But it will happen only if the people do something about it instead of wining and birchen. But we know that will never happen in the USA!

They are joined at the hip with facebook so they own your soul. Privacy is lost for all but the rich and connected.

Not touching Oculus with a 10 foot pole. Smells like some pretty nasty surprises are being cooked up by facebook.

Reactions: Zuul
like this
So people who were worried about Facebook buying oculus literally have every right to be concerned, now and back then. They (Facebook) just don't get it.
Yup, I knew this from day one. Some agreed with me but others responded with "What is the big deal?"

Not touching Oculus with a 10 foot pole. Smells like some pretty nasty surprises are being cooked up by facebook.

I doubt it. I got my CV1 and unless I start seeing Facebook messages appearing on my screen while playing a game I am not going to worry about it.

Back