Oculus Head Arrested For Soliciting Sex From Cop Posing As Underage Girl

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
The head of computer vision at Oculus VR has been charged for communicating with a minor for immoral purposes. Upon his arrest, Katz told the officer that he was actually there to rescue the girl.

Dov Katz, head of the computer vision and machine learning group at Facebook-owned Oculus, has been charged in King County for attempted commercial sexual abuse of a minor. The 38-year-old tech exec allegedly attempted to contact what he believed to be was a 15-year-old girl for sex. The fictitious 15-year-old was actually an undercover police officer with the Tukwila Police Department, a city just south of Seattle.

I can just see it now:

"But but but Officer, it wasn't really happening, I was wearing my Oculus VR headset at the time... it didn't happen..."

Not saying that's the case here but, let's presume the next step: people in VR communities being entrapped by LEOs using VR hardware and going through all the necessary bullshit to set up and create a sting operation to attract and entrap/capture VR pedos.

This shit goes just a wee bit too far sometimes. It always kills me when you find out their never really was a law broken directly since there never really was a 15 year old involved at any point in the process. How LEOs get away with this kind of thing is pretty disheartening - I'm not offering any kinds words to pedos, no, but geez, if you're bust someone for actually truly breaking a real actual law that matters then do it the right way and not this underhanded he-said-she-said bullshit.

IPwoGuX.jpg

wouldnt it be intent to communicate with a minor for immoral purposes? since it wasnt actually a minor but a cop?

Katz allegedly arranged a meeting at the Embassy Suites in Tukwila, offering to pay $350 to have sex without a condom. When Katz arrived at the hotel with $600 in cash, he was arrested by police.

Here's the best part:

Upon his arrest, Katz told the officer that he was there to rescue the girl, and should have first called police, according to charging documents.

But you see I'm here to RESCUE her. You see?

Katz allegedly arranged a meeting at the Embassy Suites in Tukwila, offering to pay $350 to have sex without a condom. When Katz arrived at the hotel with $600 in cash, he was arrested by police.

Upon his arrest, Katz told the officer that he was there to rescue the girl

"Rescue" lol

Hope this guy gets turned into everyone's bitch in prison.

This is obviously fake news....

Katz allegedly responded to an online advertisement that offered sex in exchange for money, an ad which was posted by undercover police officer posing as a 15-year-old girl
Can't believe this still works, oldest trick in the book.

I can just see it now:

"But but but Officer, it wasn't really happening, I was wearing my Oculus VR headset at the time... it didn't happen..."

Not saying that's the case here but, let's presume the next step: people in VR communities being entrapped by LEOs using VR hardware and going through all the necessary bullshit to set up and create a sting operation to attract and entrap/capture VR pedos.

This shit goes just a wee bit too far sometimes. It always kills me when you find out their never really was a law broken directly since there never really was a 15 year old involved at any point in the process. How LEOs get away with this kind of thing is pretty disheartening - I'm not offering any kinds words to pedos, no, but geez, if you're bust someone for actually truly breaking a real actual law that matters then do it the right way and not this underhanded he-said-she-said bullshit.

The people arrested in Dateline's "To Catch A Predator" series were guilty of breaking various laws involving intent to commit statutory rape and to transmit obscene images to a minor.

Can't believe this still works, oldest trick in the book.
Yeah, makes you wonder though, he replied to an ad for sex. Then it turned into '15 year old' sex? I mean are the cops really trying to get down that rabbit hole. I mean if the original posting wasn't for sex with a 15 year old, and just for "some prostitute" sounds like they simply nabbed a guy desperate for sex by tacking on a "oh hey I'm also 15 years old, is that ok?"

Didn't Anthony Weiner do the same thing? Why hasn't he been arrested and charged yet? Oh wait.......

Yeah, makes you wonder though, he replied to an ad for sex. Then it turned into '15 year old' sex? I mean are the cops really trying to get down that rabbit hole. I mean if the original posting wasn't for sex with a 15 year old, and just for "some prostitute" sounds like they simply nabbed a guy desperate for sex by tacking on a "oh hey I'm also 15 years old, is that ok?"

If you read the story it is quite clear he knew she was 15 prior to going there. The cop told him in a text message when they were setting up the meet.

Reactions: erexx
like this
If you read the story it is quite clear he knew she was 15 prior to going there. The cop told him in a text message when they were setting up the meet.

to the point of the person you are replying to, it wasn't an ad for sex with a 15 year old. It was teen looking for sex in exchange for money. She started by saying she was 19, then asked if he was ok with younger. Once he said yes then it changed to good because I am actually 15. That is the point in which the line was drawn. Assuming this really was a 15 year old till that point he had no reason to think this wasn't a legal age female. Like he said the cops were trying to see who they could drag down the hole. They are baiting people that they think might be into sex with a young person by starting off with everything being of legal age and then start pushing to see if they could make it to an illegal age and the person still be ok with that.

Not saying that I have anything against what they did, just saying that the person you replied to did make a correct assessment of the events that occurred.

1) Older, more experienced woman are better. I don't see the allure in getting young girls. "Oh, you're a virgin? Good luck with that ..". So this guy has something wrong with him (like most peds).

2) This is what happens when rich people don't have Epstein to set up meets.

Reactions: erexx
like this
to the point of the person you are replying to, it wasn't an ad for sex with a 15 year old. It was teen looking for sex in exchange for money. She started by saying she was 19, then asked if he was ok with younger. Once he said yes then it changed to good because I am actually 15. That is the point in which the line was drawn. Assuming this really was a 15 year old till that point he had no reason to think this wasn't a legal age female. Like he said the cops were trying to see who they could drag down the hole. They are baiting people that they think might be into sex with a young person by starting off with everything being of legal age and then start pushing to see if they could make it to an illegal age and the person still be ok with that.

Not saying that I have anything against what they did, just saying that the person you replied to did make a correct assessment of the events that occurred.

"...sounds like they simply nabbed a guy desperate for sex by tacking on a "oh hey I'm also 15 years old, is that ok?"" has a connotation that doesn't exist in the story and thus I don't think the assessment is correct.

This honestly does not surprise me. Oculus has been your typical corperate suit+tie boardroom focus-tested targetted maket company that is usually writhe with this sort of behaviour.

i can understand this better, if i see a picture of the girll...........woman.

Oculus may not be a Facebook-owned company for too much longer. I'm sure the PR people over there want to get ahead of it before it becomes main stream.

1) Older, more experienced woman are better. I don't see the allure in getting young girls. "Oh, you're a virgin? Good luck with that ..". So this guy has something wrong with him (like most peds). 2) This is what happens when rich people don't have Epstein to set up meets.

OK, first lets get through the definitions. He's not a pedophile. He's an asshole. A pedophile is someone who has sex with or wants to have sex with sexually physically immature persons. Whether 19 or 15, the fictional female is definitely NOT a sexually physically immature female, and there was no indication that he was planning on having sex with a child, either. Just because the legal system wants to redefine what science already has, doesn't make it correct.
Next, this isn't a 'young girl'. A 'young girl' would be someone under the age of oh, maybe 8. A girl, while the term is a catch all for ALL females before reaching puberty, without the qualifier of' 'young' would perhaps be a female from 8 until puberty. Once she reaches puberty, she's no longer a 'girl'. She may be correctly defined as a very young woman, but that's as far as you can go without becoming incorrect. Using the slang terms girlfriend or boyfriend to determine someone's legal status is simply not putting any argument on a solid foundation.
Whether or not you feel that post puberty females have the right to decide to have sex is another argument entirely.
I'm not saying it's a terrific idea, based on my own teen age sexual experiences, few teenagers are very skillful sexually. But then the axiom applies, she doesn't have to be good, she just has to be there.
This is clearly entrapment. Yes, Katz is an asshole. No, he's not guilty of trying to have sex with a child and should not be charged with that. It really is too bad that there is no statute against being an asshole, which, of course, you could fine someone for using a means evaluation. Someone worth a billion dollars could clearly be fined, oh, maybe a hundred million for being such an asshole. Second violation, 5 hundred million for not learning the lesson first time around. Gotta make a point, you see.

Katz the Asshole should have just gone to a whorehouse and asked for the youngest looking ho there. There are plenty of 18 year olds that look much younger, and are legal. They'll even dress up in a plaid skirt, knee socks, etc.. Just pay for whatever illusion you want. But do it legally.

How many scum bags to they have over there?
Oculus seems to be pooping out the bad ones all the time. Golden payouts, lawsuits and crowd funded ripoffs galore.

OK, first lets get through the definitions. He's not a pedophile. He's an asshole. A pedophile is someone who has sex with or wants to have sex with sexually physically immature persons. Whether 19 or 15, the fictional female is definitely NOT a sexually physically immature female, and there was no indication that he was planning on having sex with a child, either. Just because the legal system wants to redefine what science already has, doesn't make it correct.
Next, this isn't a 'young girl'. A 'young girl' would be someone under the age of oh, maybe 8. A girl, while the term is a catch all for ALL females before reaching puberty, without the qualifier of' 'young' would perhaps be a female from 8 until puberty. Once she reaches puberty, she's no longer a 'girl'. She may be correctly defined as a very young woman, but that's as far as you can go without becoming incorrect. Using the slang terms girlfriend or boyfriend to determine someone's legal status is simply not putting any argument on a solid foundation.
Whether or not you feel that post puberty females have the right to decide to have sex is another argument entirely.
I'm not saying it's a terrific idea, based on my own teen age sexual experiences, few teenagers are very skillful sexually. But then the axiom applies, she doesn't have to be good, she just has to be there.
This is clearly entrapment. Yes, Katz is an asshole. No, he's not guilty of trying to have sex with a child and should not be charged with that. It really is too bad that there is no statute against being an asshole, which, of course, you could fine someone for using a means evaluation. Someone worth a billion dollars could clearly be fined, oh, maybe a hundred million for being such an asshole. Second violation, 5 hundred million for not learning the lesson first time around. Gotta make a point, you see.

Katz the Asshole should have just gone to a whorehouse and asked for the youngest looking ho there. There are plenty of 18 year olds that look much younger, and are legal. They'll even dress up in a plaid skirt, knee socks, etc.. Just pay for whatever illusion you want. But do it legally.

PSA: Keep nightfly away from your kids.

Good riddance. He's gonna have real fun in prison with Bubba & friends.

From the episode, "Frank's Little Beauties". Frank Reynolds (Danny DeVito) decides to make money by hosting a child beauty pageant.

The entire cast is pretty much insane.

Last edited:
PSA: Keep nightfly away from your kids.
I'm not the one you have to worry about. You can watch us old geezers all day long, while in the meantime, the high school football players are running train on your cute little 14 year old freshman daughter right in your own house. Because if you believe that your teenage daughters are innocent non sexual beings, you're going to be in for a surprise. It's this very 'not MY daughter, SHE'd never THINK of having sex. That's why we never said a word to her about it, don't wanna go putting ideas into her innocent little head' attitude that explains the explosion of teenage pregnancy in America. Hide your head in the sand all you want, folks, your teen age daughters are having sex. It doesn't just happen in other people's families.

Reactions: dgz
like this
I remember when there was a dude on "To Catch a Predator" that had a notorized letter in his car that said that he knew she was underage/illegal and he was only there to keep her safe and the cops couldn't go anything to him.

Back