Oculus Breaks Rift's Home Software

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Oculus has seen fit to break the Rift's Oculus Home software here recently. It seems as though if you set your computer date back to February, you can still get some VR goodness however. Thank goodness we still have multiple Vive units set up in the garage.

We are aware of and actively investigating an issue impacting ability to access Rift software. Our teams apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing you and appreciate your patience while we work on a resolution. We'll share more updates here as we have them. Thanks.

I was wondering why last night i couldn't access my home and everything seemed to be running slughish. Thought maybe it was just my computer so told it to install updates and shutdown. Will have to install this when i get home.

For anyone else that owns a Rift, which i guess based on the comment about i should say for the other person that owns a rift. ;) Does this patch work on both version 1 and version 2 beta of the software?

1 more than the one who own Vive, according to latest steam hardware stats.
:D

https://www.oculus.com/rift-patch/

15 dollar store credit too for users who used the Rift on or after Feb 1st too. Not bad.

yeah, found that to be interesting as they said that they were giving it to anyone effected then said anyone who has used their rift in the last 5 weeks even though the issue only came up this week.

Back