October Nexus Prime rumors

Indeed, function over form. I'm not a girl/homo so I don't care if my phone looks pretty. It just has to be black and not a brick.

I have dropped my Nexus-S 4G too many times, it bangs on the floor, back cover flies off, and battery pops out. I pick up, piece it all together, and turn it on, and ZERO problems, works like a charm again. Sure the phone has a few scratches, but it works like the day I bought it.

My Brother dropped his iPhone4 once, it shattered the back, had to take in for repairs, and was not cheap. Now he has some huge bulky case around it.

It's Samsung. You know it's plastic. :p

Doesn't bother me though, because it's lighter too.

I will take an industrial plastic made phone over a glass back any day, which can handle more abuse ? :rolleyes:

Not sure why my quote deserved a <rolleyes> emoticon. I think the plastic back has some advantages too. Like I said, I like how it makes my SGS Vibrant lighter. Especially useful when these phones are getting larger.

And my SGS came with two back covers, so I can change styles. Or if one gets worn out, it can be replaced with the other.

Never touched the iPhone 4, so have no idea what it's glass back is like.

Held my friends HTC and Motorola phones. They feel heavier, which often seems to equate quality in our minds. I do love the kick stand on the HTC phones. But I still think I like the light feel of my phone more.

So I was definitely not dissing the plastic back. I just thought it was a little funny that someone would think Samsung would make an aluminum unibody phone, so that was what I was replying at.

People always diss the Samsung as being such a cheap feeling phone because it's plastic. But hey, which one is lighter? And which one can handle more than one fall?
Plastic > Glass/Metal
Although I wouldn't mind a full aluminum body, that looks sexy too, like my Zune HD.

If you see the teaser trailer it talks about a perfect combination, a big combination,
imho we will see a phone and a tablet.

If you see the teaser trailer it talks about a perfect combination, a big combination,
imho we will see a phone and a tablet.

IMHO, the "combination" is most likely going to be simply Google + Samsung making a phone together...

regardless, heres to hoping a GSM verson comes out, and that the final product isnt too expensive....

Even if the curve is that big it won't be too bad. Some quick pixel math shows that if you were to enlarge the phone to a non-curved phone, but with the bounds being the top of the edges, and the bottom of the curve (basically a larger flat rectangle that the curved phone would fit entirely inside), you get a 12.5mm phone. This was done by measuring the thin part of the phone and assuming it is the rumored 8.8mm. People have been putting 12mm thick phones in their pockets for ages, the fact that this is curved doesn't make it any harder to fit in your pocket, but it does make it much nicer for phone calls.

To put that in perspective, this phone should fit in your pocket better than a Thunderbolt or Charge in terms of thickness, even accounting for the curve.

Hoping there is an AWS 1700 version; though being a verizon exclusive (supposedly) doesn't give me confidence.

Hoping there is an AWS 1700 version; though being a verizon exclusive (supposedly) doesn't give me confidence.

I don't think there are many CDMA *ONLY* phones made.... even CDMA exclusive phones like the EVO 3D and Droid have GSM counterparts....

Sooo, like you said.... heres hoping.....

Phew! I actually do hope that's true :) I just got a Nexus S last week and even though I'm really happy with it in every aspect, I'm still a gadget guy and was considering re-selling it to a friend and buying the Prime off-contract (costs so much!).

So if indeed Verizon exclusivity is true, I have no problem and I'll have to stay with Nexus S :p

Phew! I actually do hope that's true :) I just got a Nexus S last week and even though I'm really happy with it in every aspect, I'm still a gadget guy and was considering re-selling it to a friend and buying the Prime off-contract (costs so much!).

So if indeed Verizon exclusivity is true, I have no problem and I'll have to stay with Nexus S :p

I don't mind it being "Verizon Exclusive" as long as theres an unlocked GSM version available off contract.... if not, I'll be sad...

Hah bgr, go read about their iPhone 5 trusted source posts. Ill wait until next week before getting excited or the opposite. Unless I see something truely leaked before then anything that states specs etc is for page hits.

MacDonald's makes the best burgers... that's all you had to say. XD
Or I could have just posted an example of what a quality gun really is:
Gun2.jpg

Last edited:
Has anyone notice how BGR is trying to downplay the Nexus Prime right now?

GSM Arena and BGR have a totally different specs for the Nexus Prime. I'm thinking GSM Arena is right.

BGR is just sadden because their beloved iPhone 5 didn't happen!

http://www.gsmarena.com/source_close_to_google_reveals_real_nexus_prime_specs-news-3239.php

There could be two different phones as someone alluded to.
A galaxy prime or whatever for VZW in the USA and a Nexus prime or whatever for Europe. We'll know next week I suppose. I just hope if the VZW phone does have the Ti that it is the 4460 which is rated to 1.5Ghz even if its released at 1.2.
Hard to imagine the 1.5Ghz 4212 will be out this month. I'm thinking there are in fact two phones with varying specs between them.

It's probably not a real image but I think it'll likely be close to what the real Prime would look like. It's certainly a slick looker though.

I hope the curved shape is fake, too.

That part is prolly real since it was shown like that in the actual ad from Samsung. It's pretty believable too since the Nexus S is curved. I don't see a problem with it as long as it's as subtle as the Nexus S curve.

Like I said in the other thread, why is it curved? It fits your face better, but it also adds the potential of the screen cracking when placed face down and pressure is applied to the back of the phone. That doesn't sound like something that happens often, but think of how many times you've had your phone in your front pocket with the face against your leg, press up against something a little to hard, and think "is my phone ok?"... it probably wouldn't be if it was curved like that.

Like I said in the other thread, why is it curved? It fits your face better, but it also adds the potential of the screen cracking when placed face down and pressure is applied to the back of the phone. That doesn't sound like something that happens often, but think of how many times you've had your phone in your front pocket with the face against your leg, press up against something a little to hard, and think "is my phone ok?"... it probably wouldn't be if it was curved like that.

Unless your a damn cyborg it will be. The phone will depress into your thigh before the screen breaks. Not to mention it isn't hard to keep the phone from flexing to the point of breaking the screen. GG and similar glass resists bending quite well actually, impacts they don't do as well with. This type of cracking has not been a problem with the Nexus S.

Also as I pointed out above, if you shopped a Thunderbolt profile with the Nexus Prime profile, the Nexus Prime would fit INSIDE the profile of the Thunderbolt. The curve isn't going to be an issue with fitting in your pocket if you can fit the Thunderbolt.

Dunno.. I'd much rather have a flat phone. This phone is curved just to be curved. There's really no point, and it adds potential problems. I'm fairly certain that I've pressed my leg up against something hard enough to break the screen on a phone that's curved like that.

Dunno.. I'd much rather have a flat phone. This phone is curved just to be curved. There's really no point, and it adds potential problems. I'm fairly certain that I've pressed my leg up against something hard enough to break the screen on a phone that's curved like that.

Once again, which will give first, soft fleshy leg or hard solid phone?

The Nexus S is curved and I haven't seen any issues with people breaking them due to that design. It's nothing to worry about, I promise you ;).

Unless your a damn cyborg it will be. The phone will depress into your thigh before the screen breaks. Not to mention it isn't hard to keep the phone from flexing to the point of breaking the screen. GG and similar glass resists bending quite well actually, impacts they don't do as well with. This type of cracking has not been a problem with the Nexus S.

Also as I pointed out above, if you shopped a Thunderbolt profile with the Nexus Prime profile, the Nexus Prime would fit INSIDE the profile of the Thunderbolt. The curve isn't going to be an issue with fitting in your pocket if you can fit the Thunderbolt.

Fine. I nominate YOU to buy a Prime, slip it in your back pocket (curved side facing out) and then sit down on a wood, metal or hard plastic chair. Let us know if the phone survives intact.

Well... putting any phone in your back pocket then sitting on it is pretty retarded, so you might just want to stay away from phones all together.

Back