October Nexus Prime rumors

I'm confused, I spelled it correctly....
I think it was a back pocket butt joke.
The rumors had there being two Nexus Primes (who knows what the real names are) for weeks: a GT-I9250 (that one, GSM version) and a SCH-I515 headed to Verizon.

I wouldn't worry yet.

The rumors had there being two Nexus Primes (who knows what the real names are) for weeks: a GT-I9250 (that one, GSM version) and a SCH-I515 headed to Verizon.

I wouldn't worry yet.

at the very minimum at least we know theres a GSM version.... so the legion of us planning on going $30 prepaid T-Mobile know we're covered...

I wouldn't worry yet.

I am a n00b when it comes to the whole phone world. I am in line for a new phone and I just don't think the Bionic will cut it for me. I know people who have been in the industry for a long time will just "know" if this seems realistic. SO what are the odds you think? Should I be waiting? I currently have a T-Bolt so I am not in horrible shape.

I am a n00b when it comes to the whole phone world. I am in line for a new phone and I just don't think the Bionic will cut it for me. I know people who have been in the industry for a long time will just "know" if this seems realistic. SO what are the odds you think? Should I be waiting? I currently have a T-Bolt so I am not in horrible shape.

Verizon passed on the Galaxy SII because they felt it wasn't good enough. Then it stands to reason that they knew they were going to get a better device in short order. I would expect Verizon to get the Prime.

There is no information anywhere that says Verizon ISN'T getting the Prime.

There is no information anywhere that says Verizon ISN'T getting the Prime.

the most irritating thing is that we are waiting but we don't know how much to wait.
when google will present the nexus? no one known and this is irritating.

the most irritating thing is that we are waiting but we don't know how much to wait.
when google will present the nexus? no one known and this is irritating.

people know. It'll be presented on the Samsung Unpacked event on the 27th (I believe?). It was supposed to be the 11th but out of respect (aka they don't want backlash from the media. In fact they probably couldn't be happier a competitor has suffered a major blow - business is business) for Steve's passing, they delayed it

Odds that Verizon gets a flavor of Nexus Prime? It's hard to say, but there doesn't seem to any bad news on the Verizon front.

The Galaxy SII pass was likely two fold: 1) they knew they had something better in the works 2) getting a CDMA/LTE radio to work in an existing GSM design/current SoCs have been difficult. I would not be surprised at all to hear it has a previously-unseen CDMA/LTE radio (maybe the new Marvell one?) to combat these previous difficulties.

http://androidforums.com/nexus-prim...culations-rumors-thread-specs-pix-10-6-a.html and https://plus.google.com/106493827472880328627/posts are the two main rumor sources of my optimistic view.
Steven58 said:
1] I can solidly confirm the November third date.

2] I can solidly confirm this phone to be a game changer.

3] I am being advised to tell you guys to hang in there because you will be very happy.
Lee Johnston said:
Verizon will have it first. And the best version. Trust me.
Even though when anyone says "trust me" I immediately become skeptical.:(

Rather than whether or not Verizon will get a taste, I've moved on to whether it'll have an Exynos or OMAP processor. My heart says Exynos, my mind says OMAP. :p

people know. It'll be presented on the Samsung Unpacked event on the 27th (I believe?).
The event on the 27th was the early rumor, but it was dismissed as being about something else. I expect something between now and then. The 27th may even be the release day, though I'd expect early Nov instead.

Last edited:
I will wait for the Prime and not buy the Bionic now.

Jizz... in...my pance....

The more I wait the more I cringe... My birthday was back in mid June... middle of FUCKING JUNE... and the present to me was basically any smart phone I wanted... except I told them that the one I wanted wasn't out yet (Samsung Galaxy S2)... Oh look, surprise surprise! Once that great phone was released, every carrier had one except for MINE (Verizon) GOD FUCKING DAMNIT....

Then the Bionic came out, except oh wait... this looks mediocre as shit. Now I'm just drooling away at Nexus, while I slowly let the iPhone 4S slither away because I don't trust it, and I wasn't impressed. I probably would have fired away and shot myself in the head by going for the Apple iPhone if they had done an upgrade as simple and ancient as upgrade the screen past 3.5". In spite of all that, I kinda have to thank them for cheaping out once again, because otherwise I would have gotten it! (Hah!).

I have a feeling I will ultimately be incredibly satisfied by waiting 4.5 months for the Nexus ICS.

I can understand how you feel. I've been eligible for an upgrade for months, but I refuse to touch anything apple. I can't stand my original moto droid anymore (seriously, I was so fed up with it last night that I nearly just smashed it out of rage; to be honest I did bash it a little bit, I give it points for not breaking), and it knows how I feel.I really really hope that the Prime is good, good enough that it will be worth getting it on day number one.

I waited for the SGS II since November of last year, and while it delivered on all the next-gen specs I was looking for, a 720p screen was not one of them.

Assuming it has one of the new Exynos that was recently announced, microSD expansion room and same or better camera/battery performance to the SGS II, I will literally have no complaints. I can't understate how amazing that would be, since I've been disappointed with every phone release in one or more ways since the original G1

I waited for the SGS II since November of last year, and while it delivered on all the next-gen specs I was looking for, a 720p screen was not one of them.

Assuming it has one of the new Exynos that was recently announced, microSD expansion room and same or better camera/battery performance to the SGS II, I will literally have no complaints. I can't understate how amazing that would be, since I've been disappointed with every phone release in one or more ways since the original G1

Yup, I'm still on the G1. But more signs are pointing to no microSD slot. Though it's supposed to come with 32GB of onboard storage.

Waited for the 1st dual core phones.
Waited for SGS II.
Waiting for the Prime.

And now we hear that soon the next gen 28mm Qualcomm SoC which will not suck battery on LTE is going to be out.

And still my rooted Evo 4G works like a champ. Sometimes I wonder why we lust after new gadgets so much ;)

God I hope this isn't really a Verizon exclusive...

Everyday I have to convince myself not to pick up a GS2 on AT&T because of what this phone might be.

I've said it before elsewhere, but my mother of all people is probably going to buy my current phone from me, and I'll grab a $30 T-mo plan for the GSM version of this.

HTC is going to have from the Prime's announcement to launch day to make a WHOLE lot of people wait. Sense isn't worth waiting for an inferior phone.

God I hope this isn't really a Verizon exclusive...

Everyday I have to convince myself not to pick up a GS2 on AT&T because of what this phone might be.

It's already confirmed there's two different models of the Prime (CDMA/LTE and GSM). From what info everyone has on them so far, it seems as though it will only be a Verizon exclusive for a few weeks or so before launching on the other carriers.

Wait, you are going to sell your phone to your Mom? Dude, it's your Mom...

I've said it before elsewhere, but my mother of all people is probably going to buy my current phone from me, and I'll grab a $30 T-mo plan for the GSM version of this.

HTC is going to have from the Prime's announcement to launch day to make a WHOLE lot of people wait. Sense isn't worth waiting for an inferior phone.

Assuming it has one of the new Exynos that was recently announced, microSD expansion room and same or better camera/battery performance to the SGS II, I will literally have no complaints.
I think you'll be disappointed on all of those fronts, unfortunately.

Exynos 4212 is a pipe dream, even though I'm wishing hard for it, too.

MicroSD rumors seem to be converging on no, like: http://androidforums.com/nexus-prim...ors-thread-photo-10-13-a-156.html#post3321390 I was hoping the lack of SD in the Nexus S was to shoehorn in the (currently mostly useless) NFC chip, but this may lend more creditably to the rumor Andy Rubin doesn't like SD cards.

The GS2 has one of the better Android cameras. Maybe the rumored 'only' 5MP part means it's a premium piece, but I'm not counting on it. The 4S camera is the one feature I'm really jealous over; I'd like a proper (near) point-and-shoot quality camera on an Android phone. The leaked photos aren't giving me confidence, even though they've all been compressed on Picasa. Nothing terrible, but not exciting either.

I think the battery will almost certainly be larger than the GS2's, but a CDMA/LTE radio plus giant new screen hasn't been a recipe for battery sipping in the past. There's this rumor:
@black_man_x said:
Let me further clarify my battery statement.. I use about 4gb a day in data so I kill a bionic battery in 4 hours so to get 6 will be great
Possibly a wash here or a small victory depending on how hard/often you hit the LTE.

With all of that said, I'm quite sure (barring any major surprise let downs) the Nexus Prime will be my next phone. :cool: However, all this 'game changer' spinmarketing drivel makes my mind soar with dreams of ridiculously cutting edge hardware.

BGR is terribly unreliable, and the specs they gave are not only worse than the SGS II but they don't make sense since the CPU its purported to use would be underclocked from base freq. Additionally, there is nothing that suggests its a Verizon exclusive outside of their report. The only other mention of Verizon is the phone being listed in their inventory system.

The one that passed through the FCC has the GSM specs for ATT/T-Mo, which wouldn't show up first if it were a Verizon exclusive unless they plan to sell the phone online for full price as well (good for me).

Additionally, Samsung released a PR a few days before the Oct 11th event talking about the availability of their new Exynos processors that start at 1.5ghz and have significantly improved graphics. Plus their new 8mpx cmos sensors for camera. All of this lines up with the GSMArena article perfectly.

If there really are two versions of the phone, BGR is either flat out wrong on specs or Verizon people are getting a vastly inferior model. Only 5 days to go however, the wait is killing me but I'll survive.

So is this going to launch in october or are they just revealing it on the 19th? I have a $100 loyalty coupon but I have to use by end of october.

Forget specs, I hope ICS lives up to all the hype. Froyo was the last decent Android update, both GB and HC were very disappointing. At this point, WP7 and iOS are far ahead in terms of the OS (not features, but how well written it is, speed and responsiveness).

Forget specs, I hope ICS lives up to all the hype. Froyo was the last decent Android update, both GB and HC were very disappointing. At this point, WP7 and iOS are far ahead in terms of the OS (not features, but how well written it is, speed and responsiveness).

What was wrong with 2.3? It cleaned up the look a tiny bit, increased performance, and added better 4g support.... whats not to like?

edit: i still agree with you though... I'm very excited for Android 4.0.... I'm really hoping for the source code to be released early, and for the rumored 3d acceleration in the UI to be true..

Additionally, Samsung released a PR a few days before the Oct 11th event talking about the availability of their new Exynos processors that start at 1.5ghz and have significantly improved graphics. Plus their new 8mpx cmos sensors for camera. All of this lines up with the GSMArena article perfectly..
The Exynos 4212 has only been sampling this month according to the press release. So unless Samsung pulled some crazy boffin-fu and designed a phone using another chip then swapped it in to a production phone before the SoC even goes into formal production... Yeah, I wouldn't count on it. I would like it, but I wouldn't bet on it.
if the battery will be sealed as someone saied, I will not buy this phone.
I don't know where there rumor cropped up, but it seems to be FUD.
So is this going to launch in october or are they just revealing it on the 19th? I have a $100 loyalty coupon but I have to use by end of october.
Rumor has it the hard launch with devices available is November 3.
the rumored 3d acceleration in the UI to be true..
Honeycomb has hardware acceleration. So if it's a merge of code like it's supposed to be, it should definitely be there.

Last edited:
Actually, I'm still about 80% certain it will use the new Exynos.

The PR says the 4212 is sampling to customers starting November, but Samsung already have their 32nm node in full production since june. This is for the LP process with HKMG that the new Exynos uses, and if you read the PR its the same advantages and specs discussed on Anandtech.

Additionally, the S2 HD LTE that is out in Korea is the first phone with their new 720p panel (same one in the Nexus Prime and smaller than the one in the Galaxy Note) shows 1.5ghz processor. Then if you go to the wiki page, it shows that phone as using the new 4212. This makes sense because the power savings and better gpu are required for handing a screen pushing that many pixels which may also consume more power.

We already know the graphics are much better according to the execs, so there's no real chance its using the current Exynos. If it's using the TI OMAP4 4460 then its probably inferior to the iPhone 4S and on par with the Mali400.

Guys... It's four nights away... I'm going negative and saying that it's probably not as great hw wise ads you think. Lower the expectations and prepare to be surprised!

Guys... It's four nights away... I'm going negative and saying that it's probably not as great hw wise ads you think. Lower the expectations and prepare to be surprised!
Damn straight. Remember what happened with the iPhone 5. Too much hype and the damn thing just wouldn't come out.

Still, I'd love to see some new reference hardware. Not like the Nexus S, that came out with the same hardware when dual core was just around the corner.

I'm just waiting for phones with 720p on 4". After that, Apple and other manufacturers can go all superduper retina style on everybody's ass - it won't matter to me anymore.

Man, I was hoping this thing will be:

4.5" Super AMOLED Plus 1080p 3D display with zero bezel
quad core Cortex-A15
quad core Mali-T604
GLONASS and GPS
20 point multi-touch display
3x sets of 3x 3-axis accelerometers (each set of accelerometers contain one very low g (±0.1g), high g (±5g), and ultra high g (±70g) accelerometers. Thus changes in force from that of the gravitational pull of a grain of sand to crashing F22 going from Mach 2 to 0mph can be map out accurately. Having 3 sets of accelerometers spaced out will also allow for angular rate measurements)
3x 3-axis gyroscopes (Again, one very low, high and ultra high angular rate sensors)
3-axis compass
Pressure sensor
Temperature senor
3-axis motorized gyroscopes (rotational feed back)
3-axis vibrators (3 is better than one?)
Ultimate band radio (every freaking possible frequency and type is cover for true universal phone. Being on T-mobile I hate either having gimped local phone or gimped International phone :mad:)
3x 12MP, 1080p 60fps rear facing cameras to allow for 3D shots in both portrait and landscape
3x 5MP, 1080p 30fps front facing cameras to allow for 3D shots in both portrait and landscape
4x microphones (1 mouth piece, and 3 other on the edges to allow for stereo recording in both portrait and landscape or enhance noise cancellation)
4x speakers (1 ear piece, and 3 other on the edges to allow for stereo sound in both portrait and landscape)
NFC
Built in taser (Very important ;))
piezoelectric 1080p screen to allow for screen feed back
2 stage camera button
Landscape and portrait dock connectors
Dual sim cards
AM radio (magic antenna :eek:)
FM radio
satellite radio
Built in walkie-talkie
LED notifications

Man, I was hoping this thing will be:

4.5" Super AMOLED Plus 1080p 3D display with zero bezel
quad core Cortex-A15
quad core Mali-T604
GLONASS and GPS
20 point multi-touch display
3x sets of 3x 3-axis accelerometers (each set of accelerometers contain one very low g (±0.1g), high g (±5g), and ultra high g (±70g) accelerometers. Thus changes in force from that of the gravitational pull of a grain of sand to crashing F22 going from Mach 2 to 0mph can be map out accurately. Having 3 sets of accelerometers spaced out will also allow for angular rate measurements)
3x 3-axis gyroscopes (Again, one very low, high and ultra high angular rate sensors)
3-axis compass
Pressure sensor
Temperature senor
3-axis motorized gyroscopes (rotational feed back)
3-axis vibrators (3 is better than one?)
Ultimate band radio (every freaking possible frequency and type is cover for true universal phone. Being on T-mobile I hate either having gimped local phone or gimped International phone :mad:)
3x 12MP, 1080p 60fps rear facing cameras to allow for 3D shots in both portrait and landscape
3x 5MP, 1080p 30fps front facing cameras to allow for 3D shots in both portrait and landscape
4x microphones (1 mouth piece, and 3 other on the edges to allow for stereo recording in both portrait and landscape or enhance noise cancellation)
4x speakers (1 ear piece, and 3 other on the edges to allow for stereo sound in both portrait and landscape)
NFC
Built in taser (Very important ;))
piezoelectric 1080p screen to allow for screen feed back
2 stage camera button
Landscape and portrait dock connectors
Dual sim cards
AM radio (magic antenna :eek:)
FM radio
satellite radio
Built in walkie-talkie
LED notifications

... it's puff and pass, okay? :p