October Nexus Prime rumors

Man I got to work from 8:00 to 12:00pm.

I do have to get some pc parts I guess I can get those around 9:00am, just by coincidence the verizon store opens at 9:00am :p

I haven't had any luck with this 3G to 4G discount. I called and spoke with one rep, but he didn't see anything for me.

Think the corp store jockeys will be anymore helpful?

Some people are getting like up to $100 discount if they upgrade from a 3G phone to a 4G phone. Surprised you haven't heard about this.

Some people are getting like up to $100 discount if they upgrade from a 3G phone to a 4G phone. Surprised you haven't heard about this.

I have been on a 4G phone since the Charge came out....so I haven't followed the current crop of 4G promotions. I see they are still offering my 4G Charge the "double data promotion" but they are not offering it on my wife's 3G device. We both have grandfathered unlimited data packages.

I've got a Inc2 and the website shows $250 for me. How do I get this 3G to 4G discount?

I've got a Inc2 and the website shows $250 for me. How do I get this 3G to 4G discount?

It won't be automatic. You'll have to call Verizon or local stores to see if you're eligible or if they're participating in your area. I asked my local store (corporate store in Louisville, KY) today if they knew anything about it and they had no clue.

I called my local Verizon store and they gave me some bullshit about how they didn't have a number of how many they had. I'm pretty sure it's called checking the fucking computer.

I called my local Verizon store and they gave me some bullshit about how they didn't have a number of how many they had. I'm pretty sure it's called checking the fucking computer.

Mine told me the same thing...

They are not allowed to say it over the phone prior to release. At least my rep was honest with me.

I just picked up my Nexus and I asked about:

1. Loyalty discount - they explained that these were not discounts on phones, but rather a discount on the monthly rate for specific voice/data packages. I was ineligible, but I wasn't looking for this kind of incentive anyway as I'd like to keep my unlimited plan.

2. New Every 2 - Program no longer exists... I've only been on Verizon for 1.5 years, so I guess I just missed the boat here.

3. 3G to 4G upgrade - The representative knew about this, and as a matter of fact the guy in line in front of me asked about it too. Apparently you are only eligible for this discount if you have a very specific, old, 3G phone. The Droid Eris was not one of them (neither was the Palm Pre, which the guy in front of me had).

Hope this helps those of you who are after these discounts. I used my Living Social coupon though, that that still worked :).

Closest verizon store to me sold out in an hour. I had to go to a cell connection that was 2 miles away and they still gave me my discount. Just updated to 4.0.2.

Any updates on when other carriers will get this in the US?

Nope. I think the AT&T version has went through FCC though. So it might be out in the next month or so. I'd say Sprint/T-Mobile are a ways off still. Sprint didn't get the Nexus S until about 6 months after launch on T-Mobile/AT&T (can't remember which carrier it hit first and when, I think T-Mobile was first though).

Just grabbed mine in store. Had to call around to find one in stock. First impressions are that autocorrect sucks but the new voice dictation is awesome.

I will just wait until next month to hear about this; Samsung is supposed to make a major phone announcement next month with Intel + Google, a new Sprint Galaxy S series phone, running Android 4.0 and Intel's new Medfield processor, curious to learn what that is all about ? Expected release in March.

yeah, i want to get out of the June to June contract renewal cycle i am in because it seems most big hits are pushed for a holiday release. But that would mean using this phone another year, which will be even more difficult if something good happens mid year in 2012

yeah, i want to get out of the June to June contract renewal cycle i am in because it seems most big hits are pushed for a holiday release. But that would mean using this phone another year, which will be even more difficult if something good happens mid year in 2012

Galaxy S 1 came out in summer, so not always the case

so the girlfriend said she wanted a phone with a keyboard when she upgraded. No sense in getting the D3 when the D4 is soon to be released, supposedly. Not I wait even longer for the Nexus...

Back