Action , Adventure
Rockstar Games October 2014
Grand Theft Auto Online PS4
Action
Rockstar Games October 2014

Costume Quest 2 PS4
RPG
Midnight City October 2014

Driveclub, Evolve, Assassins Creed: Unity, (PS4) and possibly Sunset Overdrive (One).

The rest don't look good to me other than possibly Borderlands but I'm about done with that series.

ill probably get borderlands as it's good for many replays/mindless shoot em' up and comedy.

You'd have to pay ME $60 to install Hardline.

All the others -- meh.

The new Civilization game sounded interesting initially, even if they aren't saying it's an Alpha Centauri remake, but big name companies and sequels... never EVER first day buy, I'm not saying wait for steam sale but just sit back and let the reviewers who aren't paid by the game companies do their job and then let the hardcore fans dissect it then rip the living shit out of all the bugs and game mechanics failures. Sit back, wait for some patches, and leave it at that.

Everything else... meh.

Best thing about that list is that nothing on it interests me, so no worries about adding to my backlog.

I love how in that entire list, every game makes me go "Meh" other than Sunset Overdrive, and even that barely registers as a mock curiosity because "IZ XBONEZ ONLY GUYZ!!"

tumblr_mqfssp5BF31sz0825o1_500.jpg

I'm not going to buy a new console for 1 game.

I don't think I could be bothered to find and dust off my 3ds for 1 game.

To be honest, I don't see how there's anything "INSANE" about that listing of games due out in October. Having a couple dozen games launch 2 months before Christmas isn't exactly big news, when a fairly large portion of them are simply the latest annual iteration. Seriously, 19 games and 4 of them have 2k15 or just '15 in the title with skylanders and AC simply being the annual(or sometimes quicker) iteration, and battlefield becoming that(not trusting a BF game again).

Aliens will be something I'll check out and hope it doesn't suck like the last one. And what's that Borderlands game? Is that a new one or just some new DLC? I hadn't heard of a new one coming out.

• Call of Duty Franchise Sales Totals Released Units Sold
    Call of Duty 2003 1,750,000
    Call of Duty 2 2005 2,500,000
    Call of Duty 3 2006 1,250,000
    Call of Duty 4 : Modern Warfare 2007 13,500,000
    Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2 2009 23,000,000
    Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 3 2011 26,500,000
    Call of Duty : World at War 2008 11,000,000
    Call of Duty : Black Ops 2010 21,500,000
    Call of Duty : Black Ops 2 2011 24,200,000
    Call of Duty : Ghosts 2013 14,500,000
    Total Call of Duty Franchise Sales 139,600,000

Yeah I'm pretty sure they're hoping on that shit doesn't change.

I tend to play a handful of games forever, so I still have a huge backlog. Hell, I haven't really even gotten much into Starcraft II, yet alone the second installation of it, as I'm messing with other games.

Definitely prefer quality over quantity... heck, I've been playing Civilization V to hell which came out what four years ago?

• Call of Duty Franchise Sales Totals Released Units Sold
    Call of Duty 2003 1,750,000
    Call of Duty 2 2005 2,500,000
    Call of Duty 3 2006 1,250,000
    Call of Duty 4 : Modern Warfare 2007 13,500,000
    Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2 2009 23,000,000
    Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 3 2011 26,500,000
    Call of Duty : World at War 2008 11,000,000
    Call of Duty : Black Ops 2010 21,500,000
    Call of Duty : Black Ops 2 2011 24,200,000
    Call of Duty : Ghosts 2013 14,500,000
    Total Call of Duty Franchise Sales 139,600,000

Yeah I'm pretty sure they're hoping on that shit doesn't change.

This reminds me of that Behind the Music episode on Metallica where Jason Newstead said "yeah people accuse of us selling out. Yeah we sell out. Every seat, every time we play." And I kept thinking, so does Britney Spears. Just because 25 million people bought COD, that doesn't make it a great game. Usually when the great unwashed masses buy into something, it's something like COD or Justin Bieber and not really anything good.

All I see are rehashes and for the new stuff, this overwhelming sense of "there is no way i'm touching these titles until extended reviews cuz they are highly suspect of being S***"

Oh yea GTA 5 for the PS4!!! Sure took them long enough....

/sarcasm

Seriously though, many people will buy it.

This reminds me of that Behind the Music episode on Metallica where Jason Newstead said "yeah people accuse of us selling out. Yeah we sell out. Every seat, every time we play." And I kept thinking, so does Britney Spears. Just because 25 million people bought COD, that doesn't make it a great game. Usually when the great unwashed masses buy into something, it's something like COD or Justin Bieber and not really anything good.

I doubt they, Metallica or the Game companies, care if it's good or not.

After getting burned by 2K Games for preordering that turd they called Civilization V (should have been Civilization for beginners) I am really on the fence about "Beyond Earth".

Otherwise, the rest of the games look like reruns trying to milk the public for the same Beta released crap.

I will be tempted by Dragon Age, and I might be by the BL2 Pre-sequel. The problem with BL2 is that each run-through at each difficulty setting is the same, except with bigger numbers. If they make the playthrough experience meaningfully different, for example putting extra relic and class mod slots at each tier, I may bite. Otherwise I'll just re-play BL2.

Only interested in a handful. Even these I'll wait for reviews first.

Alien: Isolation
Dragon Age: Inquisition
The Evil Within
Costume Quest 2

I was thinking along those lines but more towards POP music. POP music is mindless and inane but people still purchase it because...well...yeah...

C.O.D. :rolleyes:

I got something much better coming in October than a Video Game...a daughter.

I must be strong and not pre-order Beyond Earth. The memories of Civ V's launch haunt me still. Maybe not Simcity levels of bad, but still. I need to give it a year to get patched up.... will keep telling myself that.

Aliens and Shadow of Mordor for me in October.

Oct. 16th is my wedding anniversary, so I think I won't be distracted by any games. Just a normal month with a couple decent games.

Civ: Beyond Earth should keep me busy for the next 1+ year. So in a sense this game will be saving me money. :D

Evolve, Dragon Age Inquisition and maybe Alien Isolation are the only ones that caught my eye on that list. The last one scares me because of all the comparisons drawn to Amnesia the Dark Descent. If it's too much like that game I'll pass.

I was interested in Battlefield Hardline until the universally negative comments started pouring out about it. I liked the concept but evidently the execution is horrible.

I was interested in Battlefield Hardline until the universally negative comments started pouring out about it. I liked the concept but evidently the execution is horrible.

It was fun. But, for a cost/fun ratio, it sucks. It's an add-on, that's all I thought about it. As a whole new game? I'll pass until it's $20 or less. Not a bad game, just nothing new and exciting. But, people buy new Madden's each year for the new, updated stats.

Who's arguing whether or not it's a great game, the bottom line is sales, I mean just look at the Transformers movies, in what sane world would a shitty readaptation of a childhood cartoon series get not one but three sequels? When that shitty retelling makes bank!.

Back