OC'ing Q9450 with Abit IX38 QuadGT

NukeULater

Gawd
I have been able to get 3.4GHz stable, I can boot at 3.6Ghz without crashing but it is not prime 95 stable. Temps are under 70C with realtemp, lapped TRUE with 38mm H1 panaflo. Specs of rig in my sig.

My voltage settings

CPU core voltage VID 1.25V
CPU core voltage offset 0.05V
Target CPU voltage 1.3V (CPU-Z shows 1.28V - 1.3025V)
DDR2 voltage 2.00V
CPU VTT voltage 1.31V
MCH voltage 1.32V
ICH voltage 1.05V
ICHIO voltage 1.50V
CPU GTLREF 0&2 67%
CPU GTLREF 1&3 67%

FSB 450MHz
Multiplier 8X
RAM 5-5-5-15 running 1:1

Are my voltages safe? Am I overvolting? How can I make 3.6GHz stable?

Many people ask whether their voltages are safe and that is a very subjective question. I would say your cited voltages are certainly "safe" as long as your temps are reasonable. Some argue that with higher voltage and temps you run an increased risk of suffering from the effects of electromigration but weighing the cost of CPU longevity against the benefit of increased speed is a personal decision.

I am currently pushing 1.38V into my Q9450 to keep it prime stable at 450MHz FSB with a TRUE120 like yourself. My temps do not crest 60°C. I would try another bump in VCORE with GTLREF set to auto and see if you can keep your temps down. For whatever reason my Rampage Formula doesnt like changes in GTLREF. I also have my CPU PLL set to 1.6V, dont know if you have that option.

Lastly make sure to test prime95 with small ffts and real temp. Hope that helps.

Many people ask whether their voltages are safe and that is a very subjective question. I would say your cited voltages are certainly "safe" as long as your temps are reasonable. Some argue that with higher voltage and temps you run an increased risk of suffering from the effects of electromigration but weighing the cost of CPU longevity against the benefit of increased speed is a personal decision.

I am currently pushing 1.38V into my Q9450 to keep it prime stable at 450MHz FSB with a TRUE120 like yourself. My temps do not crest 60°C. I would try another bump in VCORE with GTLREF set to auto and see if you can keep your temps down. For whatever reason my Rampage Formula doesnt like changes in GTLREF. I also have my CPU PLL set to 1.6V, dont know if you have that option.

Lastly make sure to test prime95 with small ffts and real temp. Hope that helps.
Thanks for the help! 3.6Ghz is so close to being stable, in fact I've been using it at 3.6GHz for the last few days. I'll try 1.36V for the core voltage hopefully its stable.

Oh one more thing, what is GTLREF? I've tried looking it up online but I haven't found that many good definitions.

Back