OC Noob, Are my Temps okay?

sitheris

[H]ard|Gawd
I am trying to do my first OC on my Q9450. Cooling it with a Xigmatek S1283.

I have it running stable for 30 min in Prime95 at 3.2ghz (400x8), with a 1:1 memory divider. My vcore is set to auto in my bios and I see it at around 1.36v in CPU-Z (1.25 is stock I believe?)

My temps after running P95 for 30 min on all four cores reached an average (across cores) of 62 C max, with Core 1 being the highest at 66 C at one point.

My Idle temps are averaging 36-37 C.

I just wanted to compare with others having similar setups, to see if my temps are good. Should I try taking vcore off of auto and decreasing it a bit? So far this OC seems stable to me.

Full system specs are in sig.

Thanks for looking

my Q6600 has about the same temps @ 3.3 i think thoes temps are high and i would get it of auto

I have a Xeon 3350 overclock to 3.6ghz [451 x 8 ] with my cpu voltage set to 1.33 volts in the BIOS. CPUZ see it at 1.296 volts [vdroop]. It looks like your voltage is high ,set it to manual and set it at 1.25 to start. Then run prime 95 for at lease 6 hours to see if it is stable. If it is not raise the voltage up a little at a time in till it is stable. As for temps they are a little high,you have a very good cpu cooler ,once you lower your voltage the temps will come down. What is your room temperature? My 3350 at 3.6ghz with a 30c [90f] room temperature with prime 95 running are 60-60-60-60 with a D-Tek water block. Your CPU cooler should do about the same.

room temp is 72f here

i will try stock voltage and bump it up a little at a time

i take it i won't need to increase memory voltage since it's running at 400mhz with the divider (within spec - DDR2 800), correct?

thanks

Those temps appear fine. I've have a similar set up and my Q9450 @ 3.2GHz temps are a bit lower and I'm using a stock HSF. But my Vcore is lower than yours.

room temp is 72f here

i will try stock voltage and bump it up a little at a time

i take it i won't need to increase memory voltage since it's running at 400mhz with the divider (within spec - DDR2 800), correct?

thanks

If it is stable then you do not have to raise your ram voltage. Your cpu temps should be lower for that room temp. Once you lower the cpu voltage they should come down.

Back