OC 7900GS beyond 620 MHz? -- what's the trick?

wdn

Limp Gawd
Are there some advanced settings in Riva Tuner 2.0 that will help me overclock this 7900 GS card beyond 620 MHz GPU speed? How do you up the voltage on one of these cards and how to you up it on a DS3 motherboard? I do not want to change the stock fan or modify the hardware because its an eVGA card with the lifetime guarantee and don't want to void the warranty. Thanks

Basically I just used the overclock settings on Riva Tuner 2.0 and could not get past 620 and have it play good in games. Don't know how to boost the voltage on the card

http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=1847758

If your 7900GS has a reference layout - ie you can find the resistors in the photos as shown above - then clean it off with some acetone / isopropyl and use a $6 "rear window defroster repair" paint kit from Wallyworld and a small paintbrush to paint in the circuit as shown.

My Leadtek would clock from 450 to 580 with Coolbits stock - after the voltmod - 681mhz.

My 7900GS gets warmer, but the stock cooler is pretty reasonable, so it doesn't get too bad.

I do not want to change the stock fan or modify the hardware because its an eVGA card with the lifetime guarantee and don't want to void the warranty. Thanks

There's no way to get more voltage into the ram or gpu without modifying the card. With an eVGA card imo it's not worth the risk, as you've said, lifetime warranty. 620mhz core is good though, mine artifacts at anything above 605 :(

I'm just going to point out that conductive paint removes with iso or acetone.

And if nothing else, an 80mm sidefan or even ghetto'd to point at the card helps alot.

Back