Obv - Anyway to cancel a bow shot?

AceTKK

Gawd
Is it possible to cancel a shot once you've drawn the string? There have been several times where I've drawn it by accident or the enemy dies and you still have an arrow notched. It's a pain to retrieve the arrow and it would be much simpler if you could just hit a button to cancel the shot.

Thx

I just look right at the ground, when you release the arrow immediately press the button to retrieve it.

Erasmus354 said:
I just look right at the ground, when you release the arrow immediately press the button to retrieve it.
Doesn't work well with enchanted bows.

It would also be very useful for archers once you hit the apprentice level. You can zoom in and survey the landscape but you have to have an arrow drawn to do it. I think fixing this would be a nice little mod a lot of ppl would enjoy.

I smell mod. I too lose a lot of arrows because of this no way to cancel BS.

Holy crap. I thought I was the only one. This is the first time I've seen this brought up. I have this problem usually when I get the kill shot in on a particular enemy. I instinctually load another arrow and then I either end up shooting the corpse or the ground. And good luck getting the arrow back if it's at the corpse. Which brings up another point. I get the whole not being able to retrieve all of your arrows from a corpse but there definitely should be more tweaking in there. If I plug a wolf with 15 arrows, I think I should be able to pull out the majority of them (i.e. not just 3).

I never lose that "last arrow" as I can just shoot the ground and get it back... The corpse arrows can be tweaked easily in the construction kit so Im sure some mod-er would be able to make a mod to get more arrows from corpses.

I too found this annoying but as others have said there will probably me a mod for this.

Yeah, I don't understand why I can't retrieve all of myt arrows from the corpses. It sucks when you fire one arrow and drop the guy and then when you go to retrieve it you can't.

Moose777 said:
Yeah, I don't understand why I can't retrieve all of myt arrows from the corpses. It sucks when you fire one arrow and drop the guy and then when you go to retrieve it you can't.

I would surmise that its so you have to buy more, otherwise if you could retrieve all the arrows you fired then you wouldn't need to by more.

jtzako said:
I never lose that "last arrow" as I can just shoot the ground and get it back... The corpse arrows can be tweaked easily in the construction kit so Im sure some mod-er would be able to make a mod to get more arrows from corpses.

use an enchanted arrow and you'll lose it every time.

The problem is bad with magic bows, you get 40 some odd charges out of it at the cost of a couple grand soulstones, last thing you want to do is waste a charge shooting an arrow at the ground.

The problem is doubly bad using enchanted arrows, since you lose a charge on the bow and you lose the arrow itself.

jnick said:
Sound like you need the Azura Star :)

I have it. I still like having lots of charged grand stones. You know, for the times you have to kill humanoids?(which you can't store in the Star).

Moose777 said:
It's a small chuck of wood going through a fairly hard object. Of course you're not going to retrieve them all.

obs said:
It's a small chuck of wood going through a fairly hard object. Of course you're not going to retrieve them all.

We're playing a game, not Woody's Real Archery Simulation.

If you're going to use the lame reality argument, then we should be able to mailorder 10,000 arrows for overnight delivery, of any type we can afford, right? lol.

Back