Oblivion: Which of the two cards?

solideliquid

Limp Gawd
What would run Oblivion better/higher settings?

1. P4 3.0 Ghz, 1 gig Ram, ATi X800Pro 128

or

2. PM 2.0, 1 gig Ram, Nvidia 6800 256

Pentium M is a slower gaming CPU but the video card is better? The P4 I think might be better, download 3dMark06 and run it on both of them, tell us who has the better score.

bbertram said:
Pentium M is a slower gaming CPU but the video card is better? The P4 I think might be better, download 3dMark06 and run it on both of them, tell us who has the better score.

That PM is about equal to a 2.3ghz Athlon64, much better in games than a P4.

wtf

that information is very insuffiicent, give us the model numbers of video cards, ram timings, and hard drive specs, at least

if thats the 6800vanilla (locked ... well even unlocked) the X800pro would still be better as far as your GPU is concerned

the P-M blows the P4 away in games, its a great processor, i highly doubt there are any systems outside of a laptop that uses P-M's, i remember some were released for the desktop but not a whole were not to mention it was very expensive

i have a feeling hes listing laptops, if the last one is the Dell XPS gen2's with the 6800ultra, oh hell yea those are some bad ass gaming laptops still, i have one and was able to get it upgraded to a go7800 and man ... i use it almost more then my desktop

the 6800 supports SM3.0 which I am pretty sure will be used in ESO... I don't think the x800 supports that..

Back