[Oblivion] Where to get the best weapons?

Maximos

2[H]4U
Where does one find the best weapons in the game? That is, without doing quests :)

arguably the two best weapons in the game are goldbrand and umbra.

Both of these require quests, you can do a search on them in google to find out the process of getting them.

If you want more powerful weapons, specifically set up for one of three classes, you can try my mod (which is still beta and incomplete) the weapons are hidden in the map, and are geared for the 2h blunt specialization, the 1h sword spec, and the 1h dagger spec.

I have yet to have added any special bows or staves just yet, those are coming in the update.

Be aware, you should have at least a level 24 character to get the weapons and you will need a very high acrobatics to get the dagger (as a thief, the best way is to get the boots from the thieves guild quest)

http://www.tessource.net/files/file.php?id=3450

For Level3, I'd just use the blades, it's pretty good stuff. Or, if you're light armor, use the Dark brotherhood stuff.

paranoia4422 said:
umbra is easy, attack the person with it then run into a city and the guards will handle it

You are correct, however if you do this, (and do not have the quest), umbra will have a weight, if you get the quest to get the sword, umbra will weigh 0 as quest items have a weight of 0, if you never turn it in, you get the benefits of the sword, and no weight, which is a nice little bonus.

josh_fick said:
You are correct, however if you do this, (and do not have the quest), umbra will have a weight, if you get the quest to get the sword, umbra will weigh 0 as quest items have a weight of 0, if you never turn it in, you get the benefits of the sword, and no weight, which is a nice little bonus.
did not know this...... good info, I will do it with my new character

Fighters Guild has ok stuff or atleast will do. They have more variety then the blades. If you don't like the fighters guild stuff just stock up on it and sell it all for $$ to buy better weapons. Blades has silver bows and arrows which are better then the iron crap you find on goblins and just lying around.

:) I went around to every fighter's guild and sold the weapons lying around, then the arena's weapons. I had like 3k at lvl1.

the best weapon is one you make yourself.

Join the mages guild and get up to the arcane university, then you can enchant your own weapons with much much better effects.

hi, um im a level 23 character in oblivion ....i have the daedric cuiriass,greaves, shield, and boots...plus a daedric short sword....but i want to know how to obtain the gauntlets and the helmet of the daedric armour....ive spent over 3 hours searching dungeons for daedric gauntlets and helmets but ive had no luck....so if any of you guys know where to get the gauntlets and helmet...please post...because it would be much appreciated :)

the gaunltlets I have not found yet, however, the helm (which is rather elusive) I found when doing the daedric quest for the tournament for goldbrand. I was level 25 at the time and was pleasantly surprised to find the helm on one of my fallen enemies. I have yet to have found daedric gauntlets and truthfully wonder if they exist as all daedric enemies do not wear gauntlets so far at my level, however, I have not gone beyond 25 because I've been spending so much time modding, I haven't even finished the game.

stewy said:
hi, um im a level 23 character in oblivion ....i have the daedric cuiriass,greaves, shield, and boots...plus a daedric short sword....but i want to know how to obtain the gauntlets and the helmet of the daedric armour....ive spent over 3 hours searching dungeons for daedric gauntlets and helmets but ive had no luck....so if any of you guys know where to get the gauntlets and helmet...please post...because it would be much appreciated :)

I found everything but the helmet off of a boss mob in a dungeon.. he was an orc and named.. chief orc badguy or something.. I cant remember right now. Then after that I was doing a fighters guild quest I believe and I got the helmet and 'Boots of Thrall' which are daedric boots that add like 100 feather.

It really is random, just keep leveling up and everyone will be wearing daedric.

stewy said:

Just look around, you'll find everything. I have two full sets of daedric armor that I got from just exploring various dungeons and such. What was really funny is around level 15 or so, I decided to have a spare set of elven armor, so I could put different enchantments on it. I like the look of elven armor the best. The only problem is I couldn't find the gauntlets for the life of me! I must have been in the game world an additional 50 hours before I finally found them (in a random encounter) and at that time I found two pairs in the same dungeon... :p

Yeah I'm having that same problem with glass helmets. Nobody has em!

josh_fick said:

I didnt' get the quest and my Umbra does not weigh a single pound, its funny because when all your items get stripped from one of the deadric statue quest i still had it so i was able to kill all the guards with it, and no armor, haha

Zinn said:
Yeah I'm having that same problem with glass helmets. Nobody has em!

Same here. I've had a full suit of glass for like 60 hours now and still haven't found a glass helmet. I'm considering cheating to get one. Normally I'm against cheating but jeez I look like a retard in full glass armor except my little dark brotherhood hood, or the cowel of nocturnal

Back