Oblivion: The Return to My Computer

GoldenTiger

Fully [H]
I decided to reinstall Oblivion to play with for another few hundred hours. As far as I have read, the things to install are OOO 1.3 (Oscura's Oblivion Overhaul 1.3) and Qarl's Texture Pack 3 (QTP3). Is this still correct nowadays, or are there better alternatives :eek: (difficult to think that someone could have topped Qarl's pack!)? The main game is installing as I type this... can't wait to delve back in ;)!

There are trillions of recommended mods, but I only ever ran with OOO and BT mod. iirc there is a better mod than BT, but I never had any issues with BT.

There is an incredible amount of cool little stuff, but the big mods remain similiar.

Although Cry FranOOOMMM might be worth a shot, its a merged of all the big overhaul mods, taking the best aspects of each.

After spending 120 hours total for the original unmodded oblivion, beating all quests for thieves guild, mages guild, warrior guild, and assasins guild, not to mention the main quest line, then beating knights of the nine and also the shivering isles expansion, I find it hard to believe that people spends hundreds of hours on this game (which implies 200-300+ hours). Is there really that much modded content out there that's worth playing? Or are you guys just killing everything in every single dungeon?

After spending 120 hours total for the original unmodded oblivion, beating all quests for thieves guild, mages guild, warrior guild, and assasins guild, not to mention the main quest line, then beating knights of the nine and also the shivering isles expansion, I find it hard to believe that people spends hundreds of hours on this game (which implies 200-300+ hours). Is there really that much modded content out there that's worth playing? Or are you guys just killing everything in every single dungeon?

They probably play for the same reasons that I put in 1100+ hours into BF2. It's fun.

Oblivion needs to make its way back onto my computer.

I reformatted awhile back and forgot to save my 100+ hour gamesave. I didn't feel like starting over, but lately my interest has been refueled.

They probably play for the same reasons that I put in 1100+ hours into BF2. It's fun.

Well with bf2 there's competition. With oblivion, once the content is completed, what else do you do? Go around and take screenshots? I have 240+ in bf2 myself and I just got back into it because my friends did as well, after deserting me in 2142.

Oblivion needs to make its way back onto my computer.

I reformatted awhile back and forgot to save my 100+ hour gamesave. I didn't feel like starting over, but lately my interest has been refueled.

ouch. that sucks! maybe try a new build this time around.

Well with bf2 there's competition. With oblivion, once the content is completed, what else do you do? Go around and take screenshots? I have 240+ in bf2 myself and I just got back into it because my friends did as well, after deserting me in 2142.

Well, I'm just saying "to each his own". Everyone's definition of fun is different.

I played the unmodded Oblivion for about 200 hours my first time, doing just the Thieves/Assassins/Mages guilds and random questing/exploring, BARELY touching the main quest line (about three quests in, hardly played it, still haven't to this day) :eek:. I guess it depends on your pacing and all as to how long you enjoy or can spend on the game reasonably. I don't own Knights of the Nine or Shivering Isles.

I played the unmodded Oblivion for about 200 hours my first time, doing just the Thieves/Assassins/Mages guilds and random questing/exploring, BARELY touching the main quest line (about three quests in, hardly played it, still haven't to this day) :eek:. I guess it depends on your pacing and all as to how long you enjoy or can spend on the game reasonably. I don't own Knights of the Nine or Shivering Isles.

Same with me, I guess the whole Oblivion world didn't seem that interesting to me... I did the first gate and that was it, it was much more fun doing the Thieves/Assassin's guild quests, becoming head honcho in both of them.

I'm playing again for the second time, started a new game, I was a Dark Elf before, going with Imperial this time, although I just can't seem to break away from using Destruction magic with Blades and Light Armor.... other weapons don't do it for me and Heavy armor is just too.... heavy. Meh

But I'm using Oscuro's... I'm really looking forward to seeing how it goes with that

I've put a lot of time into Oblivion on guilds and quests alone, but I had to push myself to finish up the main quest. Closing gates just sucked and wasn't as much fun as some of the tasks you had to do on the side. The main quest for Shivering Isles is much, much better and is a heck of a lot of fun. It doesn't hurt that Sheogorath is friggen hilarious.

"One time, I dug a hole and filled it with clouds. Or was it clowns? I can't remember... But it doesn't matter, it didn't slow him down anyways!"

I've put a lot of time into Oblivion on guilds and quests alone, but I had to push myself to finish up the main quest. Closing gates just sucked and wasn't as much fun as some of the tasks you had to do on the side. The main quest for Shivering Isles is much, much better and is a heck of a lot of fun. It doesn't hurt that Sheogorath is friggen hilarious.

"One time, I dug a hole and filled it with clouds. Or was it clowns? I can't remember... But it doesn't matter, it didn't slow him down anyways!"

I agree about shivering isles... but it ended way too fast. I wanted more sheogorath dialogue!

I also agree about the oblivion gates... running it on a p4 2.8 and a 6800 @ 1280x1024 really sucked in the gates, I don't know how I put up with the low teens average.

I've been playing this again myself. I'm running OOO, MMM, Unique Landscapes, Deadly Reflexes (Timed Block w/High Damage), Supreme Magica, Thiefs Arsenal, and Enhanced Daedric Invasion. (And 20+ other small mods)

Having a blast :)

OBSE v10 just came out as well. With all of the new functions it offers, I bet we will start seeing some VERY cool stuff from the modding community. Which means I will have to start over again.........

So you're never going to try another class? Another race? Another approach?

iono after watching some reviews about shivering isles i decided to buy and i reinstalled oblivion, course i kept my saves. but after starting it again, i'm really feeling kinda bored already and i've only played like 3-4 hours. iono its all like the same crap, running around doing the same moves on every single enemy block, 2 hits, block, 2 hits, block. Does anyone else feel like this about the game? Hopefully once i get to sheogorath the quests will actually b fun.Also, I chose to b a heavy armor bash u to death kinda character so I don't use bows or magic, i just smash like a mindless barbarian. Maybe thats why i'm so tired of it. :eek:

Back