[H]ard|Gawd
http://files.filefront.com/Oblivion_Walkthroughwmv/;4892249;;/fileinfo.html

It's from the German version.

The rig running it is:
• Windows XP Pro
• AMD Athlon XP 2200+
• 1024 MB DDR RAM
• ATI Radeon 9800Pro 128 MB

It's unsure what exact settings the game is on, but it's widely believed to be Medium. Still looks damn good to me. There's a few things that were turned off though, such as HDR lighting, grass shaders, etc.

Oh, and the FPS for the video is horrifyingly low due to fraps (used to record the video, obviously).

And lastly, if you don't want to spoil the Oblivion landscape (the actual Oblivion, I.E. Hell or whatever), then skip from about 2:50 to the 5 minute mark.

Impressive, no? :)

The18thLetter said:
There's a few things that were turned off though, such as HDR lighting
Oblivion doesnt have HDR, has blooming though im pretty sure. Also this video is megar old.

Download the countdown videos instead, way nicer to look at and theyre run at pretty much max settings with the final release of the game

ZOMGWTFBBQ said:
Oblivion doesnt have HDR, has blooming though im pretty sure. Also this video is megar old.

Download the countdown videos instead, way nicer to look at and theyre run at pretty much max settings with the final release of the game

Umm, that's not the point he was making.

ZOMGWTFBBQ said:

1. Oblivion has both HDR and blooming. It's either HDR, or AA + blooming that you can enable in the game (no AA + HDR).
2. The video is brand new (I.E. 1-2 days old max).
3. What the hell does ur last sentence have to do with anything?

I'm showing you guys how the game runs on a 9800 Pro. As you can see, it looks very good even on an aging card.

Christ. It's sad I had to explain that.

As long as the frames are that low because of fraps its good news, I was afraid the game was gonna run horribly.

Naldo said:
As long as the frames are that low because of fraps its good news, I was afraid the game was gonna run horribly.

Yeah, the guy who made that video said he was actually quite pleased with how well it ran (pretty smooth). No grass shaders makes me kind of :( but oh well. It will be nice to come back to this game after an upgrade.

Hey that doesn't look too bad! I was seriously worried my 9700 Pro wouldn't be able to handle it after seeing Oblivion's specs, but alas these concerns have subsided. Thanks for the relief.

ZOMGWTFBBQ said:

critical thinking 101.

i wasn't that impressed with the way it looks, i still think it looks good (especially being on a 9800pro)

more excited about the possible gameplay and interactable objects it keeps bragging about

I don't see how the Oblivion part is a spoiler anymore than the rest of the game. It looks exactly how you would expect from looking at the gates.

Yay, my 9800 will manage a bit longer. :D
(I'll hold off upgrading for another generation of video cards, then.)

questioned my x850pro unlocked to 16pipes.

i think they overestimate at times whats really needed or underestimate some cards.

going to jump to Pci-express soooooon

Obi_Kwiet said:
I don't see how the Oblivion part is a spoiler anymore than the rest of the game. It looks exactly how you would expect from looking at the gates.
I don't know, but Bethesda still doesn't want the landscape revealed for some reason.

Regardless, I'm sure we've all seen a cap of it somewhere.

before playing on my computer, fx55 oc to fx 57, xt1900xtx, 2 gig of ram, which won't have a problem, Im curious how it will play on my wifes computer xp2700, 9700 pro, 1 gig of ram. Think I'm gonna play the tutorial on hers just to see if it gives her computer a heart attack.

though that video of the game running on a 9800 pro has my hopes up.

The18thLetter said:
1. Oblivion has both HDR and blooming. It's either HDR, or AA + blooming that you can enable in the game (no AA + HDR).

Accept on the 360 version.

i have a feeling that the HDR effect will be the first thing i turn off on this game =/

Back