Oblivion Patch 1.1 out

Weazmeister

Limp Gawd
Xfire just downloaded patch 1.1 for Oblivion. I just have installed it. Hopefully this fixes some of the bugs :)

Is that the official one, not the beta shit ?

Word. I'll be picking this up tonight for more late night Oblivion goodness. :D

I think some people on the Elder Scrolls forums were reporting huge fps gains from the beta (something like 30-40%, off the top of my head). So it's worth a try ;) .

LuminaryJanitor said:
I think some people on the Elder Scrolls forums were reporting huge fps gains from the beta (something like 30-40%, off the top of my head). So it's worth a try ;) .

iono.. the beta patch did nothing for me. ymmw definetly

LuminaryJanitor said:

iono.. the beta patch did nothing for me. ymmw definetly

and my oblivion still crash to desktop from time to time

fixed the self shadows for me, and i noticed a 8/10 (in some areas) fps gain. evrything at max AA all the way up (except no hdr) 1280x1024, runs good.

[BB] Rick James said:
Is this for the console peeps as well?

The patch is now out for the X360 version as well. Maybe i'm seeing things, but I think us X360 folks may have picked up a few FPS's. Things seem to be running slightly smoother, and there is far less hitching going on when loading up new area's. I'm also glad that some bugs have been fixed, but a few minor ones are still there. I also think that some levels appear to be loading faster. It's hard to tell though as this game is incredibly complex.

junehhan said:
The patch is now out for the X360 version as well. Maybe i'm seeing things, but I think us X360 folks may have picked up a few FPS's. Things seem to be running slightly smoother, and there is far less hitching going on when loading up new area's. I'm also glad that some bugs have been fixed, but a few minor ones are still there. I also think that some levels appear to be loading faster. It's hard to tell though as this game is incredibly complex.

Awesome. I logged into my Xbox last night and downloaded the newest update for the Dashboard, but I didn't see anything for Oblivion. I loaded Oblivion up but didn't see anything either. I'll look harder today. Love the newest updates to the dashboard. Made things much better. Booting directy into the dashboard instead of a game if in the DVD drive is very nice!!!!

[BB] Rick James said:
Awesome. I logged into my Xbox last night and downloaded the newest update for the Dashboard, but I didn't see anything for Oblivion. I loaded Oblivion up but didn't see anything either. I'll look harder today. Love the newest updates to the dashboard. Made things much better. Booting directy into the dashboard instead of a game if in the DVD drive is very nice!!!!

My understanding is that this is a mandatory update, so you shouldn't have to look for it. Just pop your Oblivion disc into the drive, and it should prompt you to download as soon as the game boots up.

This patch is NOT compatible with copies purchased via direct2drive or localized versions of Oblivion.

What the fuck is this? Does this mean I have a pirate a game I legally own? I'm pissed.

Volkum said:
What the fuck is this? Does this mean I have a pirate a game I legally own? I'm pissed.
No, it means you have a D2D copy and the patch comes out a bit later than the rest of us. It is a downside of D2D.

I didn't notice a real jump in framerate but it feel smoother overall so that's a good thing :)

SuX0rz said:
Do you get a fps boost even from the beta patch?

I did from the beta. Going from the beta to the final didn't seem to do much for me though. 7900GTX SLI.

Trying it now....I'm hoping the self shadows will be fixed for me (as well as a frame rate improvement).

Update: Fixed the self shadows for me which was great. Not sure how it affected the framerate though because I never recorded the fps before I installed the patch.

Does anyone know how much it improves fps?

Back