Oblivion - No word from the Gray Fox.

Baredor

Gawd
I finished the quest to steal the gem from the blind monks and returned it to the Gray Fox and we had our little chat. Since then, I've been waiting on him to contact me for the next mission, but have yet to be visited by his messenger. I've tried sleeping in abundance, probably 2 weeks worth on and off (3 days straight though at one point). I've tried in the Imperial city, and in other cities, but haven't had a visitor. I went and checked with the doyen and they still accept me, so I assume I haven't done anything to get me kicked out without knowing it.

I'm also a DB member (on the first drop note quest now). Not a member of any other factions. Any ideas on how to trigger this? Hoping I'm not bugged out. :(

Not sure about your situation, but you should probably PM a mod and ask them to move this thread to the PC gaming/hardware forum. ;)

I'm having the same problem. I've been doing other quests (like the main quest, mage guild quests and side quests) in the meantime, but I'd really like to get back to the thief ones :(

I believe you have to fence 700 gold first. Other than that, just hang out in the imperial city.

I had to wait for a while, just kept myself busy doing other things and the messenger turned up when I didn't expect it.

You have to fence a certain ammount before the next Thieves Guild quest will start up. Check your Quest log and see if it tells you how much you need to fence. After you have met or beat that ammount you then should just sleep for 24 hours and you'll get your message.

Finally got through this. Fencing wasn't the problem, I was well over 3000. I think it might be slightly bugged - I was going about my DB quests when I zoned into a city and saw Amusei just standing there, though he never initiated conversation. After looking at him for a few seconds I went and talked to him and he gave me the quest. I love the game but finding tons of bugs. I think it got pushed through QA much too quick. :p

When I would need to wait for a message, I would just head to the imperial city and hit t and wait for about 5 hours. If I would get a message, the character would just interrupt my wait and if I didn't I would wait 5 hours more.

Back