Oblivion Horses

NotSoSimple

[H]F Junkie
Soo my Shadowmare..Yeah shes unconcious. How do you wake up the horse and heal it?

It should wake up on its own. I use the Convalescence spell to heal my horses.

I lost Shadowmere. I don't know where it went? Also, I've never had a horse die on me?

TheBlueChanell said:
I lost Shadowmere. I don't know where it went? Also, I've never had a horse die on me?
She respawns at Fort Farragut (where you got her).

My hourse was killed by scamps from a oblivion gate.. :( There was a gate by the city, and my hourse teloported next to it.. :mad:

And how to know if the horse is wounded or almost dead since I lost one myself as well to wolves and bandits (damn swarm).

When you look at your horse or any person for that matter the crosshair will turn to a cross with a little half cirsle bar across the top. That's their health. The smaller the bar the weaker they are. The longer the bar the stronger they are.

Equip a potion or spell that enables you to heal others and ise it on the person, animal, creature and you'll heal them. Just remember to unequip the spell.

I don't know how many times I've healed my horse then got intoa fight with something would hit it a few times with a weapon and then go to use a spell to finish it off only to have Convalenscence equipped and end up healing the damn thing when I'm trying to kill it. Makes the fight 10x longer than it needs to.

*Ninja Edit*

Where it now says Horse it used to say Hore. lol

Moose777 said:
When you look at your horse or any person for that matter the crosshair will turn to a cross with a little half cirsle bar across the top. That's their health. The smaller the bar the weaker they are. The longer the bar the stronger they are.

Equip a potion or spell that enables you to heal others and ise it on the person, animal, creature and you'll heal them. Just remember to unequip the spell.

I don't know how many times I've healed my horse then got intoa fight with something would hit it a few times with a weapon and then go to use a spell to finish it off only to have Convalenscence equipped and end up healing the damn thing when I'm trying to kill it. Makes the fight 10x longer than it needs to.

*Ninja Edit*

Where it now says Horse it used to say Hore. lol

Thank you, I never knew I can heal horses. I saw the crosshair and wondered what it was so I will sleep smarter tonight :)

Speaking of horses, Is there any way to call or locate your horse? I was attacked by a bear while riding thru the countryside, and as soon as i got off the horse, the bear chased it off and i havent seen it since -at least a week or 2 in game time. :confused:

Zoramac said:
Speaking of horses, Is there any way to call or locate your horse? I was attacked by a bear while riding thru the countryside, and as soon as i got off the horse, the bear chased it off and i havent seen it since -at least a week or 2 in game time. :confused:

Was this a stolen horse? Stolen Horses do not seem to stick by you.

m1abram said:
Was this a stolen horse? Stolen Horses do not seem to stick by you.

Or it died... When mine died in high grass area, i have a hard time spotting him since it wandered a bit when attacked with wolves and a bandit chased him.

No, wasnt stolen, just the first horse you are given at the priory(?) (think thats what it was called -by the monks after you close the first gate). it was probably one of the funniest parts of the game so far, here i come riding along, out comes a bear, i jump off the horse to kill the bear and the bear starts chasing the horse, i tried to chase them for 2-3 minutes till i lost them in the distance. (wish i could have recorded it). who knows i may just see them both again someday (as long as the bear is just a hair slower than the horse) :p

I never had a horse die on me. It is always knocked unconcious. Do the Dark Brotherhood quests for a fine horse.

-fro

The18thLetter said:
She respawns at Fort Farragut (where you got her).
I forgot alabout that horse. I guess I will have to go back and get her!

My first horse (the paint horse from Pastor Maborel) died. We were attacked by a cougar and a bear, this was fairly early on when they were really good, poor horsey died. Now I have Shadowmere though, I love this horse :)

I don't bother with horses since I run faster, jump higher, and have more maneuverability than any of the horses, including shadowmere.

eastvillager said:
I don't bother with horses since I run faster, jump higher, and have more maneuverability than any of the horses, including shadowmere.

But can you wear $2 armor that you gotta buy?

Didn't think so...

Shadowmere's a trooper though, go back to the forst to get her back.

L1ght said:
My hourse was killed by scamps from a oblivion gate.. :( There was a gate by the city, and my hourse teloported next to it.. :mad:

I think that may be what happened to mine. I can't locate it anywhere and I left it just outside of the Oblivion gate that appeared in Kavatch.

rcf1987 said:
Has anybody else found the unicorn it is immune to normal attacks
I found one near the inn of ill omen but I accidentally took my weapon out and it attacked me :( I'll stick with my Shadowmare :)

Dachink said:
I found one near the inn of ill omen but I accidentally took my weapon out and it attacked me :( I'll stick with my Shadowmare :)

I am using the cheap ass $500 painted horse. I can't seem to kill it or get rid of it. So I'll stick with it until I have a reason to change.

Back