Oblivion help

tsonka

Limp Gawd
Ok, last night I reinstalled Oblivion after having it put away for a year or so, using Mod Manager I installed the OOO mod, I have some graphic glitches.

In the very beginning when you have the people walk into your jail cell one of the guards is just a floating head and in the tunnels afterwards there are a few places in the walls and in rooms that just appear as yellow blocks,

If I knew how I could post a screenshot after work

My system spec is below. In an sttempt to fix issure I have already:

Verified latest ATI drivers
Verified latest Oblivion / OOO Patch
Changed in game graphic setting from "Very High" to "Medium"

Sounds like the graphics mod you installed had some missing files/invalid directories and the graphical updates are simply not showing. Maybe recheck the folder's destination files to ensure they go to actual places (may be time consuming).

I have this problem time to time when installing custom content in Counter-Strike Source. You'd be amazed at the amount of stuff people put out without validating their file destinations. :)

Sounds like the graphics mod you installed had some missing files/invalid directories and the graphical updates are simply not showing. Maybe recheck the folder's destination files to ensure they go to actual places (may be time consuming).

I have this problem time to time when installing custom content in Counter-Strike Source. You'd be amazed at the amount of stuff people put out without validating their file destinations. :)

Correct. Make sure you installed ALL of the required OOO textures/meshes as it sounds like you either did not copy all the meshes over or you put some in the wrong directory. Also make sure to use the OBMM ArchiveInvalidation thing (the one where it needs to be done only once as it uses the Oblivion.ini).

If I remember my Oblivion modding well.. this is how you diagnose the various graphical glitches:

1. Purple objects mean missing textures
2. Invisible objects mean invalid texture paths. Sometimes I've seen it where there's an incompatiblity between your graphics driver and the mod author's specular/alpha map. Also see this happen when I accidentally used the wrong \'s in the texture path when saving my mesh/.nif file in Nifskope.
3. The yellow <!> icon means a missing mesh.

I bet you downloaded an update of Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul but not the base mod as well. I know in my mod releases, at least, instead of uploading an entire mod every time I updated it, I'd only upload the changed portion. Obviously because some of these mods, like OOO, can be pretty huge. If this is the case, make sure you downloaded one of the OOO full mods first.

Fixed it. The first time I installed Oblivion, OMM and OOO in that order, then patched Oblivion to latest version.

This time I uninstalled everything, installed Oblivion, completely patched it, then installed mods.

Thanks for replies

Fixed it. The first time I installed Oblivion, OMM and OOO in that order, then patched Oblivion to latest version.

This time I uninstalled everything, installed Oblivion, completely patched it, then installed mods.

Thanks for replies

Good and yes that's the best way to do it

Back