Oblivion: 4.99 on Steam - 6.25 GOTY Deluxe Edition

Well that was predictable.

Sort of tempting to get the Deluxe version of the GOTYe just to have on Steam even though I have the GOTY DVD lying around somewhere (I never got any of the DLCs for it).

Are these all still paid DLCs?
Oblivion Deluxe GOTY said:
This English-only Deluxe version includes the following Downloadable Content (DLC)

Fighter's Stronghold Expansion
Live the life of a noble warrior in this expansive castle with private quarters, grand dining hall, and a wine cellar.
Knights of the Nine Quest
Vanquish the evil that has been released upon the land. New dungeons, characters, quests, and mysteries await.
Spell Tome Treasures
Get these books and find low and high-level spells, as well as new powerful spells with multiple effects added.
Vile Lair
An underwater multilevel hideout for evil players to find refuge, providing your character with safe haven.
Mehrune's Razor
Conquer one of the deepest and most challenging dungeons in all of Cyrodiil to claim this fearsome weapon.
The Thieves Den
Uncover a famous pirate's lost ship and claim it for your own. Designed for stealth-based characters.
Wizard's Tower
In the frozen mountains of Cyrodiil stands Frostcrag Spire, a tower of wonders for your magic-oriented character.
Orrery
Harness the power of the stars. Rebuild the Orrery to unlock the secrets of this Mages Guild Inner Sanctum.
Horse Armor Pack
Tamriel is a dangerous place. Protect your horse from danger with this beautiful handcrafted armor.

Shivering Isles was awesome. Definitely play that - go back if you haven't!
I'm embarrassed to say that while I assume my GOTY version has Shivering Isles and Knights of the Nine, I never played either :p. I bought FO3 at the same time, so I ended up only playing stock Oblivion, then moved on to FO3.

Hmm, might get the deluxe version. Always heard great things about this game, and there is that 3rd-party high-textures patch right?

LOL

Oblivion GOTY said:
Horse Armor Pack
Tamriel is a dangerous place. Protect your horse from danger with this beautiful handcrafted armor.

IIRC the horse armor is purely cosmetic and does nothing for your horse in terms of protection...

i think i'll grab this when i get home even though i have almost zero intention of ever playing it. :D

I picked it up. Already played though oblivion but figured why not for the price. One of my favorite games of all time.

Thanks for this! Amazing deal, picked up the GOTY edition for $6.xx! Skyrim's so much fun it made me want to play the older games as well. Good marketing :)

Thanks for this! Amazing deal, picked up the GOTY edition for $6.xx! Skyrim's so much fun it made me want to play the older games as well. Good marketing :)

Thanks for the heads up... and I totally agree. I have this on disk somewhere but non goty and forget installing and figuring out the patches.

Plus my initial impressions of Skyrim have changed, it's a blast, good graphics (not bf3, batman, etc but good) and the gameplay I'm getting into lately clearing out some dungeons and forts/towers, is really fun at this point.

Thanks again, adding to my steam backlog of unfinished games. :p

Gah... pretty sure I have a non-goty version in steam already, as well as the CDs for a couple of them already. Wish there was a $1.50 update...

thanks for the heads up, bit on the GOTY edition.....figured at this pricfe ill play it eventually

I'm embarrassed to say that while I assume my GOTY version has Shivering Isles and Knights of the Nine, I never played either :p. I bought FO3 at the same time, so I ended up only playing stock Oblivion, then moved on to FO3.

I've put a ton of time into Oblivion, I mean a ton and I've never finished the game. I'm not even sure what the main quest is about and I've never touched Knights of the Nine or SI either.

A must own. Obviously. Im waiting for a Morrowind deal. Miss that game, alot.

Gah... pretty sure I have a non-goty version in steam already, as well as the CDs for a couple of them already. Wish there was a $1.50 update...

You should check again before the sale is over. I've seen them add something later to specials along those lines. Usually not, but I swear I've seen it a few times.

Just got the GOTY edition, downloading now. I've never played these games, but it's a good deal to be sure.

Oh man...I bit. I hope my save games still work...as well as the many mods I installed. It's like 2006 all over again, with an Opteron 165 and a 7800 GT. :D

I am playing this ... again.... for the last couple weeks. Graphics patches, game play mods, better looking faces, its a blast modding and playing this game. For this price its a not brainer if you dont have this in your steam folder.

Thanks. Grabbed the Deluxe edition. I've had the vanilla version but none of the DLC. Worth another play through while I wait for the right time to get Skyrim :D

Well, Morrowind currently costs 20 bucks instead of $6.25 on steam and is not a hot deal. It certainly is a good game and better than Oblivion in some respects, but its price isn't.

Damnit. I just bought the Deluxe version on Saturday or Sunday for $25.00. :mad:

Wish they'd offer the extra DLC for the difference between them instead of having to buy it again. Can't recall when I bought the GOTY edition, but it wasn't more than 2 years ago. Just getting a little tired of buying the core of these games multiple times over for extra content and never ending up with gift codes or anything to show for previous purchases. At least with Borderlands sales you could add on the DLC pack on you didn't get in the previous GOTY edition you bought.

I'm a new Elder Scrolls player and just purchased the Deluxe version, couldn't resist this time.
My question is, should I play Morrowind before I play Oblivion, or go back even further to #1 and #2 ?

jime

Wish they'd offer the extra DLC for the difference between them instead of having to buy it again. Can't recall when I bought the GOTY edition, but it wasn't more than 2 years ago. Just getting a little tired of buying the core of these games multiple times over for extra content and never ending up with gift codes or anything to show for previous purchases. At least with Borderlands sales you could add on the DLC pack on you didn't get in the previous GOTY edition you bought.

Totally agree. They should let you gift the extra stuff at the very least.

I'm a new Elder Scrolls player and just purchased the Deluxe version, couldn't resist this time.
My question is, should I play Morrowind before I play Oblivion, or go back even further to #1 and #2 ?

jime

I would just start with Oblivion. Morrowind was great if you want to get into it, but I think Oblivion is a lot more friendly to new players in the series.

I agree with Maverick.

Also, Shivering Isles is worth the price of the Deluxe just by itself.

I've been waiting for a deal like this. I have Oblivion but I didn't have any of the expansions. I had nothing planned for this weekend so I will play this.

Totally agree. They should let you gift the extra stuff at the very least.

I've just stopped buying like that anymore. Rather keep the 6 bucks and change and buy something new come the christmas sale. I would have bought the extra DLC if they were offering it for the price difference between the two packs, 1.50 or so...especially since they don't look like they are big DLC offerings and might end up being worth nothing to me.

I agree with Maverick.

Also, Shivering Isles is worth the price of the Deluxe just by itself.

while it truely is. the shiviring isles is included with the $4.99 one (and knights of 9 as well). All the other DLC is included with the deluxe one. which just has some extra quests and what not.

Back