Oblivion 360 crashes?

Does Oblivion for 360 crash for you?

• Total voters
Z

Zinn

Hello,

Does anyone else experience hanging during the "loading" pauses? This happens to me a bit too frequently now, but only when playing Oblivion. It happens in my PC version too, so I doubt my Xbox is dying.

Is the game just buggy crap??

Oblivion is indeed a VERY buggy game. If this game wasn't such an incredible game of epic proportions, I would not be so forgiving. I have ran into numerous quest and gameplay related bugs as well. Fortunately for me, i've only had 3 crashes in the 252 hours i've played this game so far. All 3 crashes were during the loading level screen. I doubt it's the X360 as the PC version is also known for crashing, and none of my other games that I currently own crash. I'm willing to forgive them as a game this good only comes along once every 4-5 years.

I've experienced it a few times. It's not related to heat or a 360 on the verge of death. I once fast travelled as soon as Oblivion started and it locked up during loading, so there was no time to get really hot. Other times I've played for many hours straight and never had a single problem.

Well at least it's not just me. I wouldn't want to think my $400 toy is on its way south!

Its happened to me at max 3 times in over 100hrs of game play, so you should add another option of "rarely" to your poll

There is one mission, where you go to this tower on an island in search of an axe for this orc. It turns into a hunt and you are the prey. I finished it and got ready to exit the dungeon. I got stuck in the door, the UI disappears, and I couldn't go on. Had to revert to most recent save.

Hopefully they will fix this when they release the update.

Mr.Dearthian

mr.dearthian said:
There is one mission, where you go to this tower on an island in search of an axe for this orc. It turns into a hunt and you are the prey. I finished it and got ready to exit the dungeon. I got stuck in the door, the UI disappears, and I couldn't go on. Had to revert to most recent save.

Hopefully they will fix this when they release the update.

Mr.Dearthian
i had the same prob in the PC version before i gave that up.

i played for 5 hours tonight... it seems like crashing has gone away entirely since the new xbox update. fine by me!

I just got a 360 and oblivion yesterday and it has crashed 5 times since then, I dont even have 8 hours games time yet...it did download patch when i first put it in too.

I've had Oblivion lock-up my Xbox 360 recently, but only when trying to put in cheats or when trying glitches. Otherwise, it's never locked up during legitimate play.

BTW, its the only game thats caused my Xbox 360 to freeze. All the other games I own run just fine with no problems. Oblivion = buggy.

Mine only did the "load" lock twice, however it just locked-up randomly once every so often, too. Between me and my girlfriend we put in about 200 hours total and it locked 5-6 times total.

To clear the cache for Oblivion on the 360, when you put the game disc in, as soon as the screen goes black, press and hold "A" until the Bethesda intro comes on. This will make it slightly less buggy and crash less. I do this every time I start the game.

Back