Objective 2 (O2) Headphone Amplifier $70 + Free Shipping

Wish they had an ODAC or combo drop going. This is the best price I've ever seen on the O2, only a few bucks more than the DIY kits.

I have the Objective 2 +ODAC. It's easily one of the best amp/dac combos i've listened to and it's a great price. I'd suggest you look elsewhere other than MassDrop however. They take forever to deliver, don't respond to questions and especially disregard ANY concerns like say...you buy something from them and then Newegg or Amazon has it for cheaper during the two months you are waiting for your purchase. Just a headsup.

I have the Objective 2 +ODAC. It's easily one of the best amp/dac combos i've listened to and it's a great price. I'd suggest you look elsewhere other than MassDrop however. They take forever to deliver, don't respond to questions and especially disregard ANY concerns like say...you buy something from them and then Newegg or Amazon has it for cheaper during the two months you are waiting for your purchase. Just a headsup.

Not this though. Been looking for a while for the O2 to even hit $100 and it has not. Can't see this hitting $70 before Black Friday and even then I don't think it will drop this low.

You aren't making a direct purchase from MassDrop though, you are paying money into a group buy organized with the manufacturer of the item. If Amazon has the item cheaper, it really doesn't matter since you already committed to the group buy.

I have never tried this, but i have the monoprice amp/dac and I also had the schiit magni/modi (bought used, and sold around last thanksgiving when I picked up the monoprice amp)

I think the monoprice sounded tons better with my hd600s... from what I have read/heard the magni/modi and o2 were pretty damn close.

Front power and input killed this for me. Ugh, so close...

Read the drop page. They're taking comments on how to build it and in the discussion there seems to be a large majority that are requesting rear power and rear audio input.

That's the thing with this drop though. It's not an "official" O2. It is a Massdrop custom that is being made in China to spec according to the O2 license. So they're taking input on what customizations to make to it while keeping it within spec so they can still call it an O2. That's the only reason I haven't joined the drop yet. They don't even have a finalized design and they're asking people to commit money under the guise that "you can cancel if you disagree with the finalized design."

How long it usually take Massdropo to ship? I order stuff off EBAY from China and that takes a couple of weeks usually.

Read the drop page. They're taking comments on how to build it and in the discussion there seems to be a large majority that are requesting rear power and rear audio input.

That's the thing with this drop though. It's not an "official" O2. It is a Massdrop custom that is being made in China to spec according to the O2 license. So they're taking input on what customizations to make to it while keeping it within spec so they can still call it an O2. That's the only reason I haven't joined the drop yet. They don't even have a finalized design and they're asking people to commit money under the guise that "you can cancel if you disagree with the finalized design."

Oh they are still designing it? Thanks!

I have never tried this, but i have the monoprice amp/dac and I also had the schiit magni/modi (bought used, and sold around last thanksgiving when I picked up the monoprice amp)

I think the monoprice sounded tons better with my hd600s... from what I have read/heard the magni/modi and o2 were pretty damn close.
Stick with your current setup.
I had an O2 and got the Monoprice DAC/Amp combo shortly after it came out. I sold the O2 shortly thereafter because I preferred the Monoprice combo with my HD650's.
People are going to tell you how much better technically the O2 is (and it is, particularly in low impedance setups), but I don't listen with an oscilloscope, and the MP 11567 sounds better to my ears.

Back