Obihai OBi200 VoIP Phone Adapter $40

I love my Obihai 100. Nothing like a free quality landline with Google Voice! :D

No Camelizer shows the price as $39.95 too. Amazons price algorithm is getting faster. I bet it noticed the increased sales and upped the price.

I went through hell trying to get an Ooma working without crippling my speed. I eventually returned it. Got a new router and cable modem now, maybe I should try this.

Thanks, OP--I got one. Been wanting to try VOIP for a while.

I had Vonage for about 4 years and within the last year it went up to over $30 per month. :mad:

Picked up a Obi100 for $34 at the egg and set up Google Voice and now have $0 phone bill.

Just can't be beat IMHO!

For an easy tutorial on how to get these suckers running smoothly, check out this quick article from HowToGeek's web site:

http://www.howtogeek.com/136959/how-to-switch-to-voip-and-ditch-your-home-phone-bill-forever/

Piece of cake and ya get to ditch your phone bill for good. :p

Wow, clicked the link and it said $39.99, added to cart and said it was no longer available from seller, refreshed screen and it was in stock but back to $59.99. Gotta love amazon!

Wow, clicked the link and it said $39.99, added to cart and said it was no longer available from seller, refreshed screen and it was in stock but back to $59.99. Gotta love amazon!

It did the same thing for me then I searched for it again and it came up at $39.99. Re added it and removed the $59.99 one.

ha I am going to try one since sipgate is closing down in a couple days.

I looked earlier and it was up to $60 I added it to my cart, came back now and added it at 40, it left the other at 60 in my cart. It's just bouncing around I don't get it.

I went through hell trying to get an Ooma working without crippling my speed. I eventually returned it. Got a new router and cable modem now, maybe I should try this.

Which model of ooma, did you place it between the modem and router or just place it behind the router like any other device? or was it the bandwidth usage the issue? I have never noticed any issues with a ooma core as long as I placed it behind the router.

it wasn't the original as i paid fees. It flat out didn't work behind the router. In front of the router it worked great but my download speeds went from 25mbps to 1mbps all of the time. I tweaked QoS and no difference. I asked on another forum and placed multiple calls with customer service to no avail. I returned it to Woot.

For sure no faxing?

I was able to send and receive faxes ok most of the time with my Magic Jack.

I had tried and a sending a fax out failed several times. I did some research and what I found is that it required the Obi110 adapter.

EDIT: Pardon me, I read the support forum again and found that it really isn't the Obi100 that does not allow faxes. It is Google voice that blocks using the unit to send and receive faxes.

Last edited:
it wasn't the original as i paid fees. It flat out didn't work behind the router. In front of the router it worked great but my download speeds went from 25mbps to 1mbps all of the time. I tweaked QoS and no difference. I asked on another forum and placed multiple calls with customer service to no avail. I returned it to Woot.

I was just curious as I have not had a problem, but I was able to place it behind the router. (core) I assumed you had a telo as the core was rather easy to set up behind the router. I have not played with a telo unit so I have little insight about the model.

Unless I had a few certain needs I would likely get an obihai over a telo.

I was just curious as I have not had a problem, but I was able to place it behind the router. (core) I assumed you had a telo as the core was rather easy to set up behind the router. I have not played with a telo unit so I have little insight about the model.

Unless I had a few certain needs I would likely get an obihai over a telo.

It was a Telo. It's like DHCP wasn't working or something. Now that I finally made a Google Voice account (how easy is that lol), an Obi is definitely in my future.

Back