Oakley Clearance Sunglasses starting at $39.99

I bought a pair of the Voltage 4's this time around, to have in the car for driving.

Picked up a set of the Rotor 4s in matte. Thanks! I have a set of Fossil's I use when driving that got a bit bent up over the weekend, might as well get a replacement set setup now.

hrm... i don't like the disclaimer...

Please note that this lens/frame color combination is available for a limited time only. Due to the exclusive nature of the design, we cannot offer refunds on this product, and it is sold without warranty. We reserve the right to limit purchase quantities.

Meh, Snagged a pair of Rotor 4's in polished black.. May leave 'em as is or get my next Rx made for these.

if they dont even mention UV protection in the product description, does that mean there isnt any -_-

if they dont even mention UV protection in the product description, does that mean there isnt any -_-

Yeah, not high hopes for the lenses, but at 40$ its a pretty good deal on the frames as Oakleys seems to hold up pretty well over time..

But pretty much for 40$ your gettin glasses with a case, no warranty, likely minimal to no UV/Protective coating.. Will not be any kind of daily driver glasses (Have Juliet II's for that).. But these would be good as backup glasses.. Like I said, Ill probably get some Rx lenses for mine because this way is much cheaper to get the frames.

yeah I find it strange that there is NO info on the lenses, it just says this lens/frame combo... I mean Oakley is a great brand and it says they used to be $140+ but that doesn't mean they can't change out the lens to a really cheap one, especially since they are ALL SALES FINAL, LOL

I would buy a pair if I knew they were normal Oakley UV protected lenses...

In case you are looking for prescription sunglasses, LensCrafters has 30% off of frames AND lenses right now, and unlike most sales, does NOT disclaim Oakleys. Took advantage myself and got a $470 set (with Rx lenses) for $330.

yeah I find it strange that there is NO info on the lenses, it just says this lens/frame combo... I mean Oakley is a great brand and it says they used to be $140+ but that doesn't mean they can't change out the lens to a really cheap one, especially since they are ALL SALES FINAL, LOL

I would buy a pair if I knew they were normal Oakley UV protected lenses...

I agree. I can't stand paying $40 for sunglasses and this just shows how much premium is attached to the brand.

You can get a nice set of polarized glasses for around $20-$30 if it doesn't have a brand attached.

Oakley's have a huge mark up, I get them for 50% off of retail if that tells you anything and I am sure oakley isn't losing any money at that price!

Oakley's have a huge mark up, I get them for 50% off of retail if that tells you anything and I am sure oakley isn't losing any money at that price!

IMHO they are worth it if there are Rx lenses in them. My last two pairs of regular glasses have been Oakley branded and have lasted through 2-3 sets of lenses each, totaling ~14 years. The durability just seems to be much better.

But if you just need a set of sunglasses without prescription lenses, they might not be worth it.

I agree. I can't stand paying $40 for sunglasses and this just shows how much premium is attached to the brand.

You can get a nice set of polarized glasses for around $20-$30 if it doesn't have a brand attached.
I got a pair of Oakley Square Wires a while back for $30 and change shipped and it was well worth it... that's about the most I would spend on sunglasses though. Plus, the description on those clearly stated the type of lense they had, etc.

New rule this year is you have to carry a firearm to be eligible. Such horse shit... I used to have membership there for the DOJ.
You sure? I just renewed my membership a few months ago. Glad I got my Radar's already though! The prices there are amazing- 40-50% off retail prices!

Last edited:
Dammit! I was just at the store today and would have loved to try on those Rotors before buying.

New rule this year is you have to carry a firearm to be eligible. Such horse shit... I used to have membership there for the DOJ.

That's weird. They offer it to fire personnel. I've not had any problems renewing my membership through there. Must be strictly for you LE guys.

Hey guys, I have a question. I have been eyeing this thread, and noticed a Rx being mentioned.
If I were to buy a few pairs of these, how do I get lenses made for these glasses? Do I just bring them to my regular optometrist?

Hey guys, I have a question. I have been eyeing this thread, and noticed a Rx being mentioned.
If I were to buy a few pairs of these, how do I get lenses made for these glasses? Do I just bring them to my regular optometrist?

yup.. With most insurance plans itll likely cost about 100$ for custom lenses with all the UV/Scratch/Tint/Photochromatic coatings you want.

That's weird. They offer it to fire personnel. I've not had any problems renewing my membership through there. Must be strictly for you LE guys.
I was wondering the same thing. Don't know what would happen if I tried to order any of the ballistic eye wear.

Called up Oakley about these deals and the lenses are not polarized on the Voltage or the Jupitar LX. Told the lenses are the basic lense. So to me this deal isn't very hot at all. Looks like they are just trying to get rid of some old decent frames with cheap lenses. Defeats the whole quality appeal in in good optice lenses that Oakley is famous for.

Better off getting some cheapy polarized lens sun glasses at Big Five for $20 IMO.

Maby the deal is ok if some decent replacement lenses can be put into them. Luke warm deal at best right now.

I bought a new Ducati Fives Squared about a month ago and was terrified I'd see them for $50 on sale. Thankfully, I didn't. :p

i hope so i recently transferred from active to reserve, and dont know if my records are up to date

Picked up a set of the Rotor 4s in matte. Thanks! I have a set of Fossil's I use when driving that got a bit bent up over the weekend, might as well get a replacement set setup now.

i bought the prescription glasses version over a year ago (Rotor 2.0 S, slightly smaller size), in a copper-ish color, toast I think they call it... I love 'em, best eye glasses I've had in years. Very light and comfortable, doesn't pinch at all since the stems are double hinged but they're still pretty sturdy.

Usually I shied away from those types of hinges because they seem more fragile, however the last (and first) pair of Oakley glasses I had with regular hinges would pinch the back of my head significantly after a long day, not an issue with the Rotors. I use Straight Jackets (also w/Rx, and polarized) as sunglasses... One of the few remaining frames they have of that type that takes a prescription over 3.0. :(

Yeah, not high hopes for the lenses, but at 40$ its a pretty good deal on the frames as Oakleys seems to hold up pretty well over time..

But pretty much for 40$ your gettin glasses with a case, no warranty, likely minimal to no UV/Protective coating.. Will not be any kind of daily driver glasses (Have Juliet II's for that).. But these would be good as backup glasses.. Like I said, Ill probably get some Rx lenses for mine because this way is much cheaper to get the frames.

Yeah, it's not a bad price at all just for the frames, 'specially if you intend to get Rx lenses. I'm tempted to pick up an extra pair of Rotor frames even tho black isn't my first option just because I hate picking out new eyeglasses after I've worn the same pair for a few years, heh...

IMHO they are worth it if there are Rx lenses in them. My last two pairs of regular glasses have been Oakley branded and have lasted through 2-3 sets of lenses each, totaling ~14 years. The durability just seems to be much better.

But if you just need a set of sunglasses without prescription lenses, they might not be worth it.

True. When I wear contact lenses I just wear some Ray Bans (that I got with like a 40% discount) or a $30 poarized pair I picked up at a mall kiosk just to have something different (Oxen or something). My last pair of Oakely eyeglasses easily lasted me over 5 years tho, and I only swaped them out because the acetate stems were getting white-ish and cleaning 'em just made it worse.

Before the Straight Jackets I had a pair of T Wires as sunglasses... They're about 10 years old now and they're still fine for the most part. I changed the lenses at one point because my prescription had changed noticeably, and the stem socks are getting worn but Oakley will send 'em out for free if you call 'em. They're still my beach/backup Rx sunglasses.

I've thrown those T-Wires in the pocket of my trunks while swimming in the sea for an hour, worn them while skiing, basically abused the heck out of them... Then again, they're made of titanium. I'm under no illusions that the plastic Straight Jackets will whithstand that kind of abuse.

I thought I had found my next tough-as-nails pair when they came out w/the Jurys but they won't take my prescription. :eek:

Nice prices, but I think I'll continue to buy my $8 knock-off "Broakley's" from the guy on the corner :)

You can buy cheaper polarized glasses but I'll say that I think Oakleys are worth the money. Compare the quality of the lens to cheaper brands plus their really good impact protection (I use mine for shooting)....not to mention I've had my half-jacket frames for almost 5 years and they are still great. Just find them on sale.

You can buy cheaper polarized glasses but I'll say that I think Oakleys are worth the money. Compare the quality of the lens to cheaper brands plus their really good impact protection (I use mine for shooting)....not to mention I've had my half-jacket frames for almost 5 years and they are still great. Just find them on sale.

I've had my oakleys for a few years and I honestly think the reason they last so long is because they cost so much.

Now, please let me explain. Usually when I buy a pair of sunglasses for $10 or $20, I usually throw them around, dont worry about putting them in a case, etc.

But when I pay $100+ for a set, I put them in the case, i clean them all the time, i make sure not to put them anywhere that they can be scratched, stepped on, etc.

They may not be made any better but they certainly last longer for me.

Thats false.

Then tell me why I got an email from them saying I was no longer eligible when I renewed my membership with them. I work for the Department of Justice and do not carry a firearm. They specifically stated you require a firearm now. Which I think is bullshit because I am sure they won't turn down firefighters. Sunglasses aren't going to protect you from bullets anyway.

I've had my oakleys for a few years and I honestly think the reason they last so long is because they cost so much.

Now, please let me explain. Usually when I buy a pair of sunglasses for $10 or $20, I usually throw them around, dont worry about putting them in a case, etc.

But when I pay $100+ for a set, I put them in the case, i clean them all the time, i make sure not to put them anywhere that they can be scratched, stepped on, etc.

Their lenses are pretty damn good tho, I have sat on my pair of Monsterdog Oakleys and the most that happens is a lens pops out or one of the pieces detaches which is easy to reattach. Can't say the same for all their models though.

I got mine in and the lenses are really good and the build quality is excellent. Sadly, they're a little small for my head. :( I have a large head, but it's never been a problem with sunglasses, so I never gave it a second thought. They fit fine, but the fit is a bit weird since the arms push out a tiny bit. I may just re-sell them.

Just a heads up to anyone else.

I got mine in and the lenses are really good and the build quality is excellent. Sadly, they're a little small for my head. :( I have a large head, but it's never been a problem with sunglasses, so I never gave it a second thought. They fit fine, but the fit is a bit weird since the arms push out a tiny bit. I may just re-sell them.

On some frames they sell larger versions that are wider.

I see what you're saying...but my Half-Jackets haven't been handled real soft. Always worn..in my car..on the range..etc. After 5 years the frames are still good and that's with them going on/off my head many times per day. The lenses held up better than expected. I can't complain about scratches that I did...but the coating on the edges was starting to come off. Again, that's after 5 years and a new set of lenses was $70 and I'm good for another 3 to 5 years.

The thing to me is lens quality. Might not matter for some uses, but when I use them to shoot skeet or sporting clay it's a big deal. Plus, again, Oakley has great impact protection and has shown their lenses taking a blast from a shotgun.

Now...there is no way they are worth $200 for the plastic frames and lenses, which is why I look for good sales and deals on them. You just have to be careful as there are a LOT of fake Oakleys out there.

yeah, same here on my Rotor 4's.. I dont think it bothers me enough to get rid of them since they will not be my primary sunglasses.. But the glasses do feel sturdy and the lenses do their job.. Happy with purchase.. Wish they woulda put some more sporty models up, they generally have wide frames.

Back