O11 Dynamic Evo or LANCOOL III? Aaaaaahhhh!!!! Can't decide

PilotKD

Limp Gawd
I'm about to take a trip to Micro Center today to return the white O11 Evo I bought there last week since I've decided I want to do a black build (white is starting to get a bit too played out IMO). I was just going to exchange the white one for a black one, however, I have been looking at the LANCOOL III as well now and I can't freaking decide!! I've been in love with the O11 for years, but the LANCOOL is a pretty nice looking case as well. It is a bit taller and deeper though, but that isn't really a deciding factor. Anyone have build experience with both of them?

The 011 is definitely a played out design that has been rehashed way too many times IMO. I'd go with the LANCOOL. It's similar to my H7 Flow which I really like.

I went with the 011 XL ever since it came out. Why did I do it? Cable management. So much room back there that you don't need to tie everything up to get the back panel to close. I bought the Evo when I decided on a new pc. I went with the Evo because I didn't like how tall the XL was. Never again will I go back to the plain old case as I hate cable management. I also don't like tall cases either.

Attachments

• you-have-chosen-wisely-choose.gif
    you-have-chosen-wisely-choose.gif
    101.9 KB · Views: 1
I know it's played out, but I grabbed an EVO, mainly since there would be enough room to squeeze push/pull on my radiators. I actually prefer the mini, as you can do the same, but you'd have to go ITX as well as get a smaller PSU.

The O11D Mini Snow edition case is nice. Just bought one last week for £108. It will take me about 9 months to get all the parts together for my first upgrade in 10 years though.

It's a solid choice! I got my EVO in snow and I'm loving it. Spent my life looking at silver or black interiors, the white is a welcome change of pace really makes whatever colors you choose stand out.

It's a solid choice! I got my EVO in snow and I'm loving it. Spent my life looking at silver or black interiors, the white is a welcome change of pace really makes whatever colors you choose stand out.
Same here. That's why I went with an all white case in the H7 Flow, and the 7000X.

I just picked up an O11 mini (not exactly the same) and I have my main PC in a Lancool III. The Lancool is one of the easiest cases I've ever installed (removing the drive bases in the base was annoying since I put in a long, 1600W PSU), but more importantly the pop-out sides make my life so much easier when things go wrong or I need to swap components (ie. RAM randomly needs to be re-trained on ryzen 7xxx series and I have to clear the CMOS or access the insides for whatever reason). The O11s look nice I guess, but they're too wide and the install experience was awful. I tried using it for the large number of 3.5" drive bays but cable routing was a nightmare and it didn't seem well-thought out, moreso that they were tacked on as an afterthought.

The lancool 215 is also good, basically the same as the lancool 3 without the pop-out sides (normal thumb screws) and no fiddling with a 3.5" drive caddy (because it's not there). So if you're on more of a budget that's also basically the same as the lancool iii IMO.

Back