O.K.... Who's With Me??

Vengeance

Weaksauce
Ijust got my ASUS Blitz Formula last Thursday, so I'm UBER excited and UBER pissed, because I can't quite set up the rig yet. I just ordered some of the final components, but still need to decide when to get my GFX Card.

So my question is, who now owns, "The now Rare", Blitz Formula with me, and have you set it up yet? OC results? Benchmarks!?!

I've seen a few reviews, including [H], and I'm totally stoked to see them hit 547MHz FSB. I just hope I can have the same kind of results!

Oh yeah, and tell me your system specs too!

Here's what I got so far:

Q6600 G0
ASUS Blitz Formula
4x1GB Crucial Ballistix PC8500 1066MHz
Segate Barracuda 320GB SATA HD
Samsung 20x DVD +/-R SATA Burner
Thermaltake 750W Modular PSU

I probably will be buying an EVGA 8800GTS 640MB around the end of the month, so I can be closer to the step up date when the new cards hit stores.

Not to mention it will all be water-cooled in the current rig I have:

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1202084

So c'mon jump in and tell me what you've seen so far!

-V

I bought mine on a pre order. By the time it finally arrived, I had changed my mind and decided to just stick with what I have. Mine is on E-bay right now. It will be interesting to see how this boards woks out for everyone. Good luck with your build.

Awwww bummer!

I thought about waiting for the X38's as well, but something about this board is screaming "TRY ME!!"

Anyway, thanks for the luck!

Anyone else??

Well, now it's discontinued, due to the X38 Release, (Maximus Extreme/Formula)

I got mine from ClubIT.com, and I'm pretty sure I got the last one...

-V

Why do you still want this board?

Not sure if Asus will bring out revised BIOS as quickly if there are only limited amount of Blitz Formula out there.

There are a few still floating around if you search hard enough. You will have to pay a premium for them. I am almost sorry I'm selling mine. It would have been nice to see how far I could have taken it. :cool:

Why do you still want this board?

Not sure if Asus will bring out revised BIOS as quickly if there are only limited amount of Blitz Formula out there.

Well, from my understanding, the BIOS is already pretty strong. Hopefully Strong enough not to need a revision.

I'm sure they will still have support for it, it wasn't that limited of production.

-V

apparently it won the world champion overclocking comp this yr without any mods

Good luck with your build.

Me? I'm waiting for the X48 early next year, coupled with the G92. Money's all saved up and ready to burn. Really looking forward to the 1 teraflop 9800GTX... Just 3-4 months to go!

Go big or go home :D

That's the only piece of the system I've yet to buy... The GFX.

I'm probably going to wait till the end of Oct. / Early Nov. to buy, so I can get in on the setup from EVGA just in case.

-V

Back