O/C I9300 from fellow owners?

Yassarian

Gawd
Hi guys, just wondering if anyone has tried o/cing the Go6800 in their 9300?

After installing driver 71.90, I used the "detect optimal frequencies", and got 395/790... ok maybe I'm just a little dense, but this is a rather large jump from the default speed of 290/590...

I did briefly try it out for a few seconds at that speed, everything seems to run just fine... Of course I then turned it down cuz I haven't installed any temperature monitoring software yet... Does anyone have any experiences o/cing their Go6800? What speed are you guys running yours at?

At work now, just wondering if anyone knows of a "safe" o/c for that... I'm a bit scared, not to mention slightly skeptical about it having THAT much headroom... lol Will go back later to install temperature monitoring and try it again, but would like to know if anyone else has done that already. :D

cheers,

yass

The beautiful thing about having that vidcard matched with a P-M processor is that the only thing kicking off very much heat is the vidcard. That in turn allows us to overclock a pretty great deal since heat is a huge limiting factor in overclocking. I also tried OC for the fun of it and got numbers very similar to yours. I put it back after about an hour just because I have no reason to OC yet. In the future that could come in handy though. Looks like we got a pretty good deal of headroom with this laptop. I will probably eventually pull off the heatpads and ice it up with artic silver but for right now everything runs great at stock for me so I will stick with that.

Mine's running at 379/769 though i've done it a few times and got some diff speeds. I am definatley wary of running it too hot though this really doesnt seem an issue with this thing, as donk3y pointed out its running with that cool Pentium M.... I am using MobileMonitor to watch the proc and case temps and they seem nice and stable even after gaming.

Anyone know if we can monitor the temp of the 6800 go directly? and if so what programs out there will show it? Thanks.

Also, durring some speculation with a friend of mine, also a fellow 9300 owner with similar results in OC'ing. He decided the biggest reason for the inherent lower clock speeds was probably so dell could boast about their battery life, as it would have much more life on these stock speeds than at these 3d speeds we are using.

Back