NZXT S340 Steel Mid-Tower Case Review @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
NZXT S340 Steel Mid-Tower Case Review - NZXT's very sexily named S340 mid-tower computer case is all about clean engineering, clean design, and clean function. There are no flashy panels; just a distinct presence with unblemished surfaces, tidy panel fitment, and crisp edges. For those of you that are fans of function over form, this could be your next chassis.

Last edited:
Pretty solid looking case, I really like the exterior aesthetics. The gloss white looks GREAT.

Would like to have seen native support for 240 or 360 radiator up top, or 280/420, but that is an easy mod. Not sure if a triple would fit in the top, but a dual definitely could.

Interior flat black looks good and even better contrasted with the exterior. I would definitely consider this case if I was in the market for a full size. The price makes it very attractive.

A 360 won't fit up top because of the I/O panel in the front. A 240 with modding will fit though unless you are using a really thick front radiator.

I have an Alphacool Monsta 280 in mine mounted in front, with the cable management bar removed, and there is 15mm of space between the radiator and the R9 290 I have in there.

Pretty decent review, a shame the case doesnt fulfil my needs as I want a case right now.
Sadly there isnt much out there that looks fantastic, has high end cooling, is silent and can fit 4 or 5 3.5" drives.
I decided only today to build a hardwood table to encase my Antec 900 within it and 2 or 3 silent 200mm 90cfm fans to keep it cool.
Can you buy cases like this?

Pretty decent review, a shame the case doesnt fulfil my needs as I want a case right now.
Sadly there isnt much out there that looks fantastic, has high end cooling, is silent and can fit 4 or 5 3.5" drives.
I decided only today to build a hardwood table to encase my Antec 900 within it and 2 or 3 silent 200mm 90cfm fans to keep it cool.
Can you buy cases like this?

http://www.caselabs-store.com/

my next case for a mitx build is going to be a Caselabs, yet to be released x2. Maybe something there fits your needs.

Last edited:
It's too bad this didn't come out sooner...definitely would've gotten this instead of the h230. I can live with an external drive...or cut a hole for a slot-loading drive. :D

http://www.caselabs-store.com/

my next case for a mitx build is going to be a Caselabs, yet to be released x2. Maybe something there fits your needs.

I saw these and while some are nice, they dont have a flush flat front surface for a minimalist look.
I want my PC to look nice but to not so much look like a PC.

I've drawn up the plans for the hardwood PC case table, it should cost about £150 for a 460x600x600mm enclosure that looks similar to mahogany, including 180cfm of silent cooling :)
Quite looking forward to it.
Although I bet wood is tons cheaper in the US.

It's too bad this didn't come out sooner...definitely would've gotten this instead of the h230. I can live with an external drive...or cut a hole for a slot-loading drive. :D
The S340 has been out since like October/November

I hadn't seen it mentioned since October, but either way, it was spring/early summer when I had gotten the h230, iirc.

My S340 B/R back up Z97 rig.
20150307_222058.jpg

Hanging out with it's bigger brother.
20150309_130207.jpg

These are good case's. And both can be modded to the inth degree. But honestly to make them whole. One has to think and mod as seen fit.

I like my NZXT rigs!
20150307_223025.jpg

Before I read the review, I saw the picture and thought this case was gonna go for no less than $200.

The fact the it can be found for under $100 is amazing.

S340 looks pretty awesome. But I gotta admit, the H440 is one of the best cases I've ever owned. LOVE that thing!

I have one of these housing my rig right now. I was looking at the H440, but ended up with this one as it is $40-50 cheaper. I can't complain about it at all.

I just noticed looking at the pictures that it looks like there are two different cases being photographed. One has punchout PCI slot covers and the other one has black PCI slot covers with screws. Mine came with the black ones with screws FWIW.

Last edited:
I used one of these for a build for a friend's kid. It really took the kid by surprise. In his words "I had no idea it would look that nice". I take that as high praise from a 16 year old.

This is a beautiful "budget" case. This is going to be on my buy list for my upcoming rebuild.

Back