NZXT Officially Reveals the Switch 810

Cool! The reviews I'm watching on YouTube makes me want this case even more.

FYI if anyone is getting a Phobya 420mm radiator, it does NOT fit the top of the Switch 810. You have to drill new holes because the spacing between the fan mounts is different on the case vs the radiator. I was able to get it to fit but then I also couldn't fit one of the push fans in a push/pull config.

If I decide to add an additional 140mm fan up top, one for the GPU fan (on HDD bay) and another on the front of the case (all stock NZXT fans), how loud will the PC be since the fans are rated at 26.52 dBA? Also, is it worth adding another fan up top and in the front for better cooling?

Not very loud at all, actually. At 26dBA, that's pretty quiet. I've got a total of 8 fans, 4 of which are nzxt fans and loudest are my Scythe's that are at 65% through the Aquaero.

Not very loud at all, actually. At 26dBA, that's pretty quiet. I've got a total of 8 fans, 4 of which are nzxt fans and loudest are my Scythe's that are at 65% through the Aquaero.

Ok, because the Xigmatec fans I put on my HAF 932 is way too loud. Plus I was looking for a new case to use :)

Hi all.....first time post, long time [H] maniac.

I bought the nzxt switch 810 and couldnt find any decent builds using this case.
I have mine built and wanted a comparison to what ive done to see if i could have done better in terms of layout and style.

Id love to post what ive done for comparison purposes because i spent days trying to make it all fit.

My build consists of mostly of parts that i had lying around not being used. But with many modifications and water blocks.

The build:
Nzxt switch 810
1200w silverstone strider PS
gigbyte 990fxa-ud3
16GB ripjaws 1600
Amd Fx 8120 oc'd to 4.2Ghz
SLI 480gtx AMP edition oc'd to 853Ghz
2x danger den all copper water blocks for SLI(heavy but cools nicely)
koolance 360 cpu water block
Revo 120gb boot drive raid 0(very fast, fastest ive ever used by far)
2x WD black 750gb raid 0
top mounted 360mm xspc triple rad double thick(mounted inside case)
koolance 240mm rad (mounted on the 140mm fans on the hard drive cages) looks sweet
D5 pump for 1st loop. Used for graphics cooling with the 360mm rad.
Ek 4.0 pump used for cpu and paired with the 240mm rad.
Danger den Rad Res double(1 for each loop) mounted on the rear of the case
All 3/4" od tubing
Used an exterior res mount because i have all the rads interior and pumps too.
Just simple blu ray and cd/dvd drives. No 5.25" bays left for res bay mount so DD Double rad res. was a compromise.
Rad res mounted on back of case looks sweet with the exterior I/O Led's turned on.

Its a black on orange(the copper) build. Im still waiting on my copper compression fittings. I couldnt wait so i am running it as we speak, ill just rebuild the loops again when the stuff arrives.

Anyone have a link of a dual loop switch 810 i could look at. Ill post mine if needed. I like to show off ;)

One last question, is it better to place 3 fans in the top and 1 in the front, or 2 in the top and 2 in the front for better airflow? I have three additional fans coming so a total of seven will be used in the case.

seano, what are the idle and load temps for your GTX 480s? WIth my HAF 932, my GTX 480 will idle anywhere from 50-55C and load from 95-100C, which is not good I know. I am hoping the Switch 810 will cool my components, especially the GTX 480, a little better.

Surprizingly enough they idle at 34c, and load at 42c. Cpu idles at 27c and ive seen it max at 34c.

Under water though....you know this, right?

After responding to my previous post, I realized you had waterblocks on the GPUs. Not sure how my stock reference card will do, but should find out soon enough. I may have to get rid of my GTX 480 and go with the newer AMD cards which produces less power, quieter, and less heat.

Tbh id do the same if i had the money.

I have 3 2k+ settups but no money since the new amd and nvidea cards have been out.

I want to sell but havent got the 50 posts to do so.

I have just about every fan space occupied by a nzxt 140mm, the case isn't really quiet, but its not like a blower. It sounds like a gentle breeze and the air is moving pretty quickly out the back / top.

It is not annoying at all like some louder fans, they are pretty quiet little fans. Can only hear the air vs the fan and the air.

I have just about every fan space occupied by a nzxt 140mm, the case isn't really quiet, but its not like a blower. It sounds like a gentle breeze and the air is moving pretty quickly out the back / top.

It is not annoying at all like some louder fans, they are pretty quiet little fans. Can only hear the air vs the fan and the air.

Thanks, just what I wanted to know :)

post it.

I'm surprised you had a hard time fitting it. Also you may consider going to single loop. dual loop isn't actually doing you any better.
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums...le-the-facts&p=4451170&viewfull=1#post4451170

Yeah that was a great test showing the downsides of the dual loop. Alot of people like them for the bling factor, but I like max bang for the buck, or in this case, cooling for the buck. I also like the single loop for the simplicity, my case just doesn't have the space for a dual loop.

Will do.....probly tomorrow though.

So you really think my D5 pump will run a double thick 360mm rad and a 240mm rad with 3/4" tubing? Im sure it would but it seems more quiet with the pump on low and a EK 4.0 with no flow setting.

Ty for your reply. I allways like the input.

External resevoir because i ran out of 5.25 bays. I suppose i could use the bluray drive in another settup and use a bay res.

Your pump should handle it finebut may need it to be on 4 or 5 if it's the vario.. Since you already have two pumps you could also run them in series.

The pump is the variable speed. I tend to run it on low or #2 setting. If i turn it to max its too loud.

My temps are lower when i run it on lower speed settings.

Tbh ive never run pumps in seriel even though it is better for the backup, but i dont care.

Ive never had a pump die and if it does, gives me reason to buy new parts. ;)

So should i post pictures in this thread, or in the case mod gallery? I didnt really mod the case but i did change some stuff as needed.

The pump is the variable speed. I tend to run it on low or #2 setting. If i turn it to max its too loud.

My temps are lower when i run it on lower speed settings.

Tbh ive never run pumps in seriel even though it is better for the backup, but i dont care.

Ive never had a pump die and if it does, gives me reason to buy new parts. ;)

So should i post pictures in this thread, or in the case mod gallery? I didnt really mod the case but i did change some stuff as needed.

Post some pics in the mod area. Modding is really anything that needs modification, either hardware/systemic-wise, or modifying the aesthetics. Give us a money shot of what you've got! :D

whats the thickest (mm) rad you can put in the roof with 25mm fans pushing?

Back