NZXT Officially Reveals the Switch 810

There are only the gaps to the left and right of the fans, this should not affect performance. May I ask why you are going for a pull configuration over push?

I was thinking of push/pull more than pull. I guess I didn't specify that.

Actually, I was going insane with all the research I was doing on fans and radiators. So tonight I pulled the trigger on a Black Ice GTX 360 and 6 GT AP-14's for push/pull. The AP-15s are twice the price of the 14's or I would have gotten those.

I know the GTX is recommended for higher rpm fans with it's high fin density but that is because most fans have low static pressure. I'm hoping the push/pull of the AP-14 will have great flow through the radiator and be near silent.

I was thinking of push/pull more than pull. I guess I didn't specify that.

Actually, I was going insane with all the research I was doing on fans and radiators. So tonight I pulled the trigger on a Black Ice GTX 360 and 6 GT AP-14's for push/pull. The AP-15s are twice the price of the 14's or I would have gotten those.

I know the GTX is recommended for higher rpm fans with it's high fin density but that is because most fans have low static pressure. I'm hoping the push/pull of the AP-14 will have great flow through the radiator and be near silent.

That sounds like it will be one hell of a system. ;)

Where can I buy this in black in canada?!?!

http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=6_111&item_id=045497

Cool looking case. I like the HDD break out panels and rails, but I'm not a fan (no pun intended) of the under-case intake. Are a lot of cases switching over to right-panel access for HDD installs, or just this and the Cosmos II?

Ordered a 810 last night from Newegg should be here middle of the week for my first i7 Build.

I miss watercooling and have wanted to get back to it for ages, perfect time to get a sexy case.

Wish it wasnt as bland up front but man it has some features I love.

Anyone finish their switch 810 builds yet?

I'll be moving over my parts today but it will be air cooling for now. Ordering water cooling stuff this week and will probably switch over next week or so. Will post pictures both times.

I'm hoping mine will ship from Amazon today or tomorrow. Retell said they should get them in stock today. I have lots of new watercooling gear that I should receive tomorrow.

Anyone finish their switch 810 builds yet?

Just got mine together a couple days ago. Case worked very well...I have a few complaints, but overall, for what I needed to fit, I couldn't ask for more.

What I liked:
  • Tons of room...even though the case isn't very big (relatively :D).
  • Radiator mounts worked perfectly.
  • Upper fan slats really do make a difference in noise (at a reduction of cooling of course).
  • Wire management grommets are placed perfectly.
  • LED I/O back-lighting is actually amazingly functional...something you don't realize you need until you have it.
  • Integrated SD card reader.
  • Fan filters are easily cleaned.
  • Plenty of space for large radiators and push pull fans...though you loose the uppermost 5.25" drive bay if you go push/pull.
  • Spring loaded thumbscrew is a nice compromise for a low cost easy to remove side panel.
What I am indifferent about:
  • PSU was a tight fit...though it could very well be my PSU.
  • 5.25" drive bay hidden faceplate snags on my DVD drive when I try to close the tray....though I rarely use my DVD drive.
  • There are not enough wire zip-tie locations on back of motherboard tray, especially on the side closest to the drive bays.
  • They could have used a touch more space behind the mobo tray for wiring...1/4" more would have been amazing.
  • 5.25" drive bay tool-less mechanisms work well, though there is a slight misalignment if you use a screw on the opposite side.
  • No integrated fan controller (can easily be circumvented by wiring fan-hub for 5/7v operation)
  • Bundled fans aren't the highest quality (2 of the 4 that came with my case have problems, imbalanced for making noises).
  • If you take the side panels off on a routine basis, expect the paint to start wearing and chipping if you aren't extremely careful.

What I didn't like:
  • Overall build quality is a bit loose (what you get for the price). The front fan filter panel on my case doesn't quite line up with the rest of the faceplate.
  • No easy place to lift the case from the bottom due to the fan filters being in the way (when you grab the bottom the fan filters get smashed). You basically have to bear hug the case to lift it.
  • Optical quality of the window is terrible...and it scratches easily.
  • The glossy finish is a fingerprint MAGNET!! Glossy plastic develops swirl marks extremely easily. Overall, I don't expect the exterior finish to hold up if you are constantly fiddling with the case.

The case is a nice value for $170. However if you don't plan on stuffing this thing full of watercooling gear, there are better options for less money...the regular Phantom full tower being one of them. Because of how thin the panels are and how loose fitting everything is, I feel like the case is going to fall apart when I try to move it. The paint is also suspect...I really don't think its going to hold up to constant use.
All that said, I really do like the case and am extremely happy with my purchase. Not many cases would accept my water cooling setup as easily as this case did, and still have tons of room for all my other gear. NZXT made some compromises for keep the price down, and if you really start looking you'll spot them. But at the end of the day, this case is a great starting point for an awesome system. And without further ado, here is what I was able to accomplish in a few hours. I would have taken pictures of the back panel, but I'm too scared to open it with all the wires ready to pounce lol :p

Plenty of space for large radiators and push pull fans...though you loose the uppermost 5.25" drive bay if you go push/pull

Only if you use a 360, I put a 240 rad up top w/ fans under mesh top and a 35.5mm radiator along with fans underneath and still have plenty of room.

If you take the side panels off on a routine basis, expect the paint to start wearing and chipping if you aren't extremely careful.

I have to be hercules to remove the side panels, as they are a bitch to get off or push back on.

That's interesting about the side panels. Mine slide right on and off. And good point about the dual vs triple radiator!

Here are a few pics.

Side view comparison to Silverstone FT02:
comparison.jpg

Width of FT02 and Switch 810:
width.jpg

My current system installed. Ignore the two wires underneath the hard drive cage :p I moved those behind the motherboard tray although, as Bad Connection pointed out, I would have liked just a little more room back there.
air_installed.jpg

I forgot to ask...anyone else have issues with the hard drive trays? I found the little metal pegs to be too big to comfortably fit inside the screw holes on the hard drive, and as a result the rubber dampers kept popping out of the plastic tray.
By the time I actually got all the trays on the drives, I could have installed them with screws twice over...

Just got mine together a couple days ago. Case worked very well...I have a few complaints, but overall, for what I needed to fit, I couldn't ask for more.

What I liked:
  • Tons of room...even though the case isn't very big (relatively :D).
  • Radiator mounts worked perfectly.
  • Upper fan slats really do make a difference in noise (at a reduction of cooling of course).
  • Wire management grommets are placed perfectly.
  • LED I/O back-lighting is actually amazingly functional...something you don't realize you need until you have it.
  • Integrated SD card reader.
  • Fan filters are easily cleaned.
  • Plenty of space for large radiators and push pull fans...though you loose the uppermost 5.25" drive bay if you go push/pull.
  • Spring loaded thumbscrew is a nice compromise for a low cost easy to remove side panel.
What I am indifferent about:
  • PSU was a tight fit...though it could very well be my PSU.
  • 5.25" drive bay hidden faceplate snags on my DVD drive when I try to close the tray....though I rarely use my DVD drive.
  • There are not enough wire zip-tie locations on back of motherboard tray, especially on the side closest to the drive bays.
  • They could have used a touch more space behind the mobo tray for wiring...1/4" more would have been amazing.
  • 5.25" drive bay tool-less mechanisms work well, though there is a slight misalignment if you use a screw on the opposite side.
  • No integrated fan controller (can easily be circumvented by wiring fan-hub for 5/7v operation)
  • Bundled fans aren't the highest quality (2 of the 4 that came with my case have problems, imbalanced for making noises).
  • If you take the side panels off on a routine basis, expect the paint to start wearing and chipping if you aren't extremely careful.

What I didn't like:
  • Overall build quality is a bit loose (what you get for the price). The front fan filter panel on my case doesn't quite line up with the rest of the faceplate.
  • No easy place to lift the case from the bottom due to the fan filters being in the way (when you grab the bottom the fan filters get smashed). You basically have to bear hug the case to lift it.
  • Optical quality of the window is terrible...and it scratches easily.
  • The glossy finish is a fingerprint MAGNET!! Glossy plastic develops swirl marks extremely easily. Overall, I don't expect the exterior finish to hold up if you are constantly fiddling with the case.

The case is a nice value for $170. However if you don't plan on stuffing this thing full of watercooling gear, there are better options for less money...the regular Phantom full tower being one of them. Because of how thin the panels are and how loose fitting everything is, I feel like the case is going to fall apart when I try to move it. The paint is also suspect...I really don't think its going to hold up to constant use.
All that said, I really do like the case and am extremely happy with my purchase. Not many cases would accept my water cooling setup as easily as this case did, and still have tons of room for all my other gear. NZXT made some compromises for keep the price down, and if you really start looking you'll spot them. But at the end of the day, this case is a great starting point for an awesome system. And without further ado, here is what I was able to accomplish in a few hours. I would have taken pictures of the back panel, but I'm too scared to open it with all the wires ready to pounce lol :p

Thank you for your detailed overview of the case Bad Connection, I have already shared it with our lead designer and we will certainly improve these aspects in the future. :)

Plenty of space for large radiators and push pull fans...though you loose the uppermost 5.25" drive bay if you go push/pull

Only if you use a 360, I put a 240 rad up top w/ fans under mesh top and a 35.5mm radiator along with fans underneath and still have plenty of room.

If you take the side panels off on a routine basis, expect the paint to start wearing and chipping if you aren't extremely careful.

I have to be hercules to remove the side panels, as they are a bitch to get off or push back on.

Hey Fantomau, can you illustrate this for me so I can try to find the issue with the factory?

yeah, its hard to get on and off, dont know what else to say is that they are difficult to remove and replace.

My only minor niggles:

The side panels front slide has some thick paint and is hard to take on and off. The tool less hard drive pegs were hard to work with for me also. I have a NZXT slide fan controller installed in the top 5.25 bay and the spacer rail was off a little. The case when loaded is back breaking heavy and not easy to pick up with the bottom dust filter on. Oh and one of my motherboard stand offs came squished too (I dunno how that happened).

Other than that its a great case and can hold alot of w/cing gear!

some bad cellphone pics:
bleeding my loop

Ahh no more 7970 fan!!!

The NZXT 2m LED light kit is awesome

Last edited:
This is a great looking case. Wish it was an option for me when I was building last summer

Anyone else care to comment on the build quality? This might be a deal breaker for me, I hate cheap feeling stuff :(

Thank you for your detailed overview of the case Bad Connection, I have already shared it with our lead designer and we will certainly improve these aspects in the future. :)

Hey Fantomau, can you illustrate this for me so I can try to find the issue with the factory?

Hi Retell, I got my switch 810 and love it!

However, one issue is, with the stealth drive cover, mine came up a little warped or something? the part with the spring doesn't ever close all the way in one corner, so its got a little bit of a fat lip going on, and the top outline piece is always curved rather than straight.

Is this normal? Got any ideas?

Bad connection, to fix the DVD drive snagging, remove the front bezel part on the tray of your drive.

As for build quality, feels very strong to me? Not sure what others were complaining about.

Pic of it at the moment:

pc.jpg

• Still awaiting a sata dvd burner, (fiances computer took mine as it had no ide at all.)
  • Got an extra 140mm I'm trying to figure out if i need or should return or what.
  • Then time to start wire managment.

Last edited:
I just completely finished up my build with my new 810.

Get my complaining out of the way first:
The top.....comes unlatched if I pump it and you have to release both latches to secure it again so I am removing it if I have to do anything with the case. The paint is soft, way to soft. The HDD tray system I don't know what was going on there but it took me forever to get the pins in far enough and straight enough to slide into the cages and then they were still rubbing and knocking off pain inside the cage. Include more stand-offs, I wish every case came with so many I would start getting mad from stepping on ones I dropped a week later.

This has already been said but more room behind the tray, and if the tray was removable that would be awesome but not realistic for the price. After I finished doing my cable management proper and trying to get the cables to lay flat behind the tray the back door went on fairly easily but I still had to hold it closed with my leg to get the first screw in.

The awesome part:
This case rocks. The cable routing holes are all over the place so you can run whatever you want wherever you want. The spacing is kind of close on some sides but I got plenty of darn room with a SSI EEB mobo and shoot if I had small HSs' or an ATX in the case zero space issues. The accent lights I am diggin' and I play to throw it downstairs as a media server+. Really impressed by the case, even more so at the price point for what it can hold, my main computer is in an Armor.

Now for the naughty part:
Fo5N8.jpg

syI32.jpg

e9vf9.jpg

JTzbQh.jpg

cE0lBh.jpg

The full gallery: http://imgur.com/a/c3RLb

I love that it houses dual cpu's and still make's it look like the case is partly empty. Haha.

Sorry for the picture quality, used my cell phone to take them but here is it fully assembled.

IMAG0056.jpg

IMAG0057.jpg

IMAG0058.jpg

IMAG0060.jpg

IMAG0061.jpg

IMAG0062.jpg

IMAG0063.jpg

IMAG0064.jpg

Last edited:
I'm jelly.. Mine still hasn't shipped form Amazon yet. NZXT told me Amazon should be receiving them today (Monday). Hopefully, they'll ship it soon.

Finally got a good shot of my wires. Did some reworking too. Used some stick on zip-tie mounts that made things a bit smoother. If 5-10 of these were included with the case it would actually be very nice...wouldn't cost too much for NZXT either, perhaps 50 cents. But then again, 50 cents multiplied by thousands of cases...

Having removed the bottom drive bay for my lower radiator, I was forced to put 2 of my 5 hard drives in the upper 5.25" bays. Fortunately those 2 were SSD's, so space wasn't a concern. Otherwise everything is pretty standard as far as the wiring goes. The space behind the mobo tray on the Switch is just enough to put it into the "good"category for wire management. A fraction less and you'd have issues. It really needs 1/4" more to be truly perfect for wire management.
IMG_0131.jpg

IMG_0133.jpg

nice set ups, thanks for the pictures. Gives me ideas even though I am currently water cooling =)

Just finished putting the new hardware in this case today and i must say it is an amazing well thought out case. I only have one minor gripe with this case which is the front "cover" for the optical drive is a neat idea and it looks much cleaner however when i try loading a dvd it gets caught on the spring and i have to hold it down before the dvd loads.

FTW - Amazon finally shipped my case. woot!

ftl - It is being delivered on Monday to my work place - and I'm off this Monday & Tuesday. That means a 40 mile round trip to pick it up in afternoon traffic.

I finally got my switch up and running on water, And the hotswap bay was completely DEAD.

But a call to NZXT and they shipped me another plate today and will be here mar 7th, So in the meantime, I just connected the ssd to the mobo the regular way.

Also changed the blue LEDS on the back to RED and looks slick.

So far, Had only a very minor leak on the seal of the reservoir, But fixed it.

Temps seem to be pretty decent so far at around 29-30c idle, A few degrees drop from my h100 that was around 33-34c idle.

Will take some pix when I'm up to it, I'm kinda sick with a bad cold and very bad sore throat.

I am looking to upgrade my case as well and this caught my eye. First question, how well are the included fans on noise level and cooling? Also, where can I find identical NZXT white fans to buy to install additional fans in the case if I wanted to?

Back