NZXT Officially Reveals the Switch 810

Much better than that new MSI case, NZXT is making its self a foot hold in the market.

Got to give them props for hiring a talented designer to make this case possible. Saw an interview of him at CES, seems like a really talented guy!

Wait wait, this has BUILT IN support for not only a 360 OR 420 on top but also a 140/240 on the bottom?

Fucking amazing. I may have to pick one of these up. Unless Silverstone comes out with a Raven design with the same features...I really like the inverted mobo design as it seems to put less stress on video cards with heavy cooling blocks. (I used to ghetto rig mine up with a chopstick for extra support)

NZXT seems to take a modders approach to their designs, and the results shows.
Brands like Thermaltake keeps producing cases equal to Payless shoes.

A white case that can fit a 420 rad top and 240 rad bottom?
Wow, I think this is better than the Cosmos II without all the weight and black plastic.

This case is so well designed that I will buy one when released just to tinker with it, and it may replace my current case.

I love it!

Edit:

Here's the Youtube video:

Feature:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Ba7k1R9Aues#

3dGameMan Review:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMsruac6tG0&feature=player_embedded

Last edited:
Pretty damn decent. Looks good and should perform well. Only potential issue I can see is the airflow design at the bottom of the case, but most cases have a weak area or two when it comes to airflow so no biggie.

If they would reverse the colour scheme, and make a mid tower version with ALL of the same features.. ALL OF MY MONEY TO NZXT!

I have never been that interested in their cases - they always struck me as having some interesting lines and a few features, but either a few flaws or a less that top notch execution kept me away.

That said - this is a very impressive case. I am thinking of going to water cooling and this looks like a very solid option.

Bravo NZXT, you got my attention.

Wow- thats a nice looking case! I'm working on a custom build so I don't need a new case, but if I did, this would definitely be on the list.

This is a really nice looking case, and not too bad for a price either. This will def be on my list as a possible upgrade.

Thats alot of Case and Features for the money... Very nice.

Does it support 2.5" drives out of the box? It doesnt look like it but I want to be sure.

I would also consider it if the colors were reversed. This still looks badass nonetheless, im just not into white cases :D

Edit: nvm it does come in black

1778.jpg

I would also consider it if the colors were reversed. This still looks badass nonetheless, im just not into white cases :D

Edit: nvm it does come in black

While I do like the white with black highlights, I do wish they would do one with the colors reversed. Yes it DOES come in black, but thats where I wish Case designers would do something a little different. Cases seem to come either all white, white with black highlights or black, but never BLACK with WHITE highlights. I really like the look of the white with black, but would rather have a black case that I didn't have to buy the white parts to highlight it with.

Pretty robust case for the price. The only problem is the glossy surfaces...I hate glossy surfaces on anything! Why couldn't they use the rubber/matte finish like the Source?

If I was looking into WC'ing this would be on my short list. I have a phantom right now. It's ugly but functional. I will say this about the paint(mines black, this one looks to share the same problem) the black has horrible orange peel and really stands apart from the glossy plastic pieces, and not in a good way. It's just cheap.

Might look in to this for watercooling. Haven't ever had a fully watercooled rig before and this looks like a good case to end that.

While I do like the white with black highlights, I do wish they would do one with the colors reversed. Yes it DOES come in black, but thats where I wish Case designers would do something a little different. Cases seem to come either all white, white with black highlights or black, but never BLACK with WHITE highlights. I really like the look of the white with black, but would rather have a black case that I didn't have to buy the white parts to highlight it with.

New Phantom 410 facebook color choices. It will come in black with white highlights.

Kind of reminds me of the power-user's version of the P280. Less silencing, but more cooling. I like it.

The LED's in the back are actually a very nice feature, very thoughtful for those of us who can't see shit when we crawl under our desk to get at the rear panel :p

Wow, this case looks great. The addition of bottom radiator plus filter really got me interested, then seeing the youtube review showing all the cool stuff has probly vaulted it to the top of my list for a sweet internal watercooling case that can handle 2 radiators easily. It's also slightly smaller than corsair's 800d, which i think is a small plus.

Wait wait, this has BUILT IN support for not only a 360 OR 420 on top but also a 140/240 on the bottom?

Yes, this was one of the primary considerations in the original design. NZXT wanted flexibility and easy modding for rads on top/front/bottom configs. You see this in some of the details like the removable top plate, the removable HDD bays, and screws instead of rivets on much of the main framing.

As far as colors, I think a flat black frame with dark charcoal accents would be awesome.

whats the distant from mobo to top of the case? I can only put push/pull inside the case, so i hope theres room for it to fit with my maximus-z extreme board.

wonder if you can change the led color in the back

wish it was out now

Back