NZXT Kraken X62 All-in-One CPU Liquid Cooler Review @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
NZXT Kraken X62 All-in-One CPU Liquid Cooler Review - With today's NZXT Kraken review we step up the performance ladder and review its X62 model AIO CPU Cooler. As NZXT spells out on it website, and it is not modest about it, saying that the new Kraken series "have been redesigned to bring you the greatest experience in liquid cooling, all backed by an industry-leading 6-year warranty."

May I ask why that Sound Leve graph was selected? Basically none of the products for Noise comparisons match the products from the cooling performance graphs, what's worse yet is the fact that most of the products from overclocked results aren't the same from Stock results.

that's actually terribly misleading as there isn't any kind of direct comparison versus other products, all other coolers are there for no reason.

"hey look, the cooler at stock are compared to those coolers, but overclocked are compared to those others, and the noise doesn't count"

Anyway you could get a review of the Corsair H115i? Would love to see how well it does compared to the Kracken.

I would love to see results of this AIO with the 4770k delidded.
I would think a minimum of a 10 degree drop overclocked.

I too would like to see the results delidded because after delidding my 6700K (4.6GHz @ 1.32vcc) I saw a 6 deg C drop and my FFT Prime95 temps top out at 68C...using a Reeven Justice ($42)...that's quieter than this beasty. Not to mention (ok, I did) much (MUCH!) more cost effective

I just grabbed one of these to replace my X31, along with a new case, since the Phantom is getting long in the tooth. Picked up a Phanteks Enthoo Luxe to replace the Phantom. Since I also got an EVGA Hybrid kit for my Titan X I wanted more and better options for radiator mounting. It's going to be my first quiet system and I can't wait to get it all together :D.

Looks awesome, but I just don't see a big enough performance difference over the Arctic Cooler Liquid Freezer 240 to warrant the incredible price difference.

Thanks for reaffirming my decision to go with the almost equally performing, smaller, quieter, and cheaper Eisbaer 240.

If I understand the charts, to get the best cooling, you have the loudest cooler of all the rated coolers by a considerable margin. Not sure if this is a win.

I agree with the 2 previous reviews. With the high price and loud sound profile, not thinking this will be on the list for my next build.

ehh
quite happy about mine

having fans in push-pull I never have to have the thing run in performance mode
always in silent, only the pump higher, you don't hear that one anyway

hell when I tested my OC (7600k @5.2Ghz, 1.375v) with RealBench I left it on silent

also important
I have yet to see anyone complain about pump noise compared to other AiO (like a Monday thing, rattling and so on)

also in before RGB hate

7a82a2ac_black-n-rgb.gif

no need for skittles :D

If I understand the charts, to get the best cooling, you have the loudest cooler of all the rated coolers by a considerable margin. Not sure if this is a win.

I agree with the 2 previous reviews. With the high price and loud sound profile, not thinking this will be on the list for my next build.

charts are pretty much useless specially noise as almost none of the coolers in the noise charts are matched with the ones on the temperature stock and overclocked charts.. the review help to know how the cooler perform and how loud it is but can't be compared directly to other coolers.

I admit I'm not really into the whole RGB craze too much.
But the infinity effect is a nice touch and helps set it apart from other AIO's.....well that and the price!

Lots of people are complaining the CAM software is buggy and horrible. Did you guys have any issues with the software crashing etc?

Lots of people are complaining the CAM software is buggy and horrible. Did you guys have any issues with the software crashing etc?
I've never had an issue with it, but I only use it to monitor and control my Kraken. I've never tried to use the other built-in apps, like their overlay or overclocking tool.

I've never had an issue with it, but I only use it to monitor and control my Kraken. I've never tried to use the other built-in apps, like their overlay or overclocking tool.

That's comforting. I have an X62 on order for my new z270 / 7700k (de-lid) project. I have an h115i in my amazon shopping cart about to buy it for a backup. The complaints about the CAM software was making nervous ..... but I guess people complain about the corsair software and it runs great on my daily rig. I just need the CAM software to set the color solid and keep tabs on the X62. Fingers crossed. :)

That's comforting. I have an X62 on order for my new z270 / 7700k (de-lid) project. I have an h115i in my amazon shopping cart about to buy it for a backup. The complaints about the CAM software was making nervous ..... but I guess people complain about the corsair software and it runs great on my daily rig. I just need the CAM software to set the color solid and keep tabs on the X62. Fingers crossed. :)
I installed my X62 last week. Max temp delta fell to 20C compared to 35C with my X31 using the bundled fans on both in performance mode and the pump in quiet mode.

One thing I noticed is that the pump RGB sometimes gets stuck in blue after playing Mass Effect Andromeda and I have to manually set it back to green after a restart. This is unique to this one game, though, as MEA takes control of all your software RGB to change it to their own theme, which is a little annoying. Other than that, CAM still works flawlessly. And to be blunt, I've read about more issues with the Corsair software than I ever have with CAM, but as always YMWV.

Back